Mini Toy's n That

Lord_Borak

Hey, I love the creeping madness that is the interweb toy soldier community :D

I've been told to isolate due to Covid, so, I've managed to get some painting done :D Just the yellow on 2 titans but, hey, give me a chance. It's a start!

Sordidum Senem (Dirty Old Man)
MzmtuLJ.jpg
2NA5JI2.jpg

Trux Animalis (Filthy Animal)
vyVvngF.jpg
OjdDi5p.jpg

How about Mors Spei (Death of Hope) for the Warlord? It's a bit grander compared to the rest of the Titans but Warlords are supposed to be incredibly rare in this run down legio. 

Thanks mate :smile.:

I need some ideas. To fill out these guys to 1500pts I can either add another Warhound. Or an Acastus Knight, 2 Lancers or 3 or 4 Questoris Knights. The problem is, these guys aren't really supported by anyone (they're Blackshields and their Planet is no more). So trying to justify some Knights is a bit hard to do. So maybe some Proxy models to represent Knights? Or a Big Tank to represent an Acastus? 

In an effort to avoid painting the red and black Diamonds on the Titans.......... I've spent today painting tiny black and white diamonds on a banner for my warlord. (no, I still havent painted his weapons lol)

xq9muH9.jpg
AahBsRZ.jpg
Edited by Lord_Borak

These look fantastic, honestly. And I'm impressed at how you've pulled off two such different schemes. The purple and gold is very regal, the yellow and red really gritty and beaten up.

That banner looks fantastic! I'm making banners myself. Can I ask what you put at the end of the chains where it's attached to the Titan?

Thanks guys!! I've done the plasma effect and glow from the reactors on the yellow titans. Seriously, I'm doing everything to put off the Black and Red Diamonds lol.

These look fantastic, honestly. And I'm impressed at how you've pulled off two such different schemes. The purple and gold is very regal, the yellow and red really gritty and beaten up.

That banner looks fantastic! I'm making banners myself. Can I ask what you put at the end of the chains where it's attached to the Titan?

Thanks mate. I get bored easilly to be honest with you. So find that running two completely different schemes, using different techniques is good for my sanity lol. Right, Excuse the dodgy pictures, but here's a quick break down of the chain thingy.

Step 1: 

Thin wire. No idea where I got mine from as it's been kicking around for well over a decade lol. Drill a hole into some plasticard. The thickness is entirely up to you and don't worry about cutting it to the right size. It's easier to cut it down later. I usually rock plasticard between 0.5mm - 1mm for this sort of scale. entirely up to you though and depends on the thickness of the chain/wire.

eYqCqVH.jpg

Step 2: 

bend the wire and thread it through the end link. it's fiddly and I hate it.

fWU1MSC.jpg

Step 3:

Poke the wire through the hole. Super glue the wire into the hole keeping the wire pulled tight into the hole. When it's dry, clip the excess wire and file smooth. Then cut the plasticard into the required shape for your brackets.

edlF4s3.jpg

Done!

lf7YPJa.jpg

Edited by Lord_Borak

Thanks guys. :smile.: I'm glad the little tutorial was helpful.

I'm really stuck on what to add to the force to up it to 1500pts. I'm not sure I want another Warhound and I'm not sure I want knights, even though they seem to be the obvious (and only) choice for the 200 odd points I have left. So, the only real choice I have is a sort of 'Counts as'. But I dunno what. Maybe a Quadraped thing with a big laser on it's back to represent an Acastus? Or some weird Crab like defiler things to represent Knights? Ideally, in a perfect world, FW would hurry up and release the Rapier Scout Titan as they would be perfect!

Oh, and one quick thing about Banners. I see people with lovely printed banners but I cant seem to find any on google.. Is there any PDFs of Banners/Heraldry for Titans?

Edited by Lord_Borak

That's awesome Malika, thanks for the link!! :D

I'm kinda liking the Quadraped thing. Like an out of date titan or something? I dunno. Sounds cool. I might give a go........ Unless, some awesome 3d Artist around would give it a go? If you know any? Hint hint ;)

I'm really stuck on what to add to the force to up it to 1500pts. I'm not sure I want another Warhound and I'm not sure I want knights, even though they seem to be the obvious (and only) choice for the 200 odd points I have left. So, the only real choice I have is a sort of 'Counts as'. But I dunno what. Maybe a Quadraped thing with a big laser on it's back to represent an Acastus? Or some weird Crab like defiler things to represent Knights? Ideally, in a perfect world, FW would hurry up and release the Rapier Scout Titan as they would be perfect!

Oh, and one quick thing about Banners. I see people with lovely printed banners but I cant seem to find any on google.. Is there any PDFs of Banners/Heraldry for Titans?

If I were you I wouldn't really focus on any particular points value. 1500 isn't a game size that gets played all that often anyway. Just get the models you want. If  you don't fancy doing another Warlord then maybe do a Warbringer, or more hounds, or wait for the new engine that's been teased to be released. 

Edit: maybe you want to feel like the army is "finished". If so, that's really whenever you're happy with it. If you don't feel like you want to paint more of those engines right now then don't force yourself. This is meant to be fun, after all! And anyway it's not like there are any events to take these things to.

Edited by Mandragola

Are you looking for something Knight or Titan sized? As for me doing it, sadly enough I'm a bit swamped in non-3d work :sad.:

I was kidding. I know you're a busy chappy. I might have a go at it with plasticard, or I may just cobble something together with plasticard to fill in the gap whilst FW/GW get their arses into gear and release some shiny new titans.

If I were you I wouldn't really focus on any particular points value. 1500 isn't a game size that gets played all that often anyway. Just get the models you want. If  you don't fancy doing another Warlord then maybe do a Warbringer, or more hounds, or wait for the new engine that's been teased to be released. 

Edit: maybe you want to feel like the army is "finished". If so, that's really whenever you're happy with it. If you don't feel like you want to paint more of those engines right now then don't force yourself. This is meant to be fun, after all! And anyway it's not like there are any events to take these things to.

Well, I always like having a rough guide to work towards. So a points/power level give me something to base my list off. Everything is magnetised anyway so it's never set. Hell, I might even add a couple more Reavers and a Warbringer. Who knows! The Legio is supposed to rely prominently on Reavers so a couple of them will make it seem more in keeping. Although I do really like the sound of this rumoured Rapier class Titan. 

Regardless. These guys are taking a back seat whilst I get my White and Purple Maniple done. Then I'll just move onto the next Maniple or treat myself to a Nemesis. I'll see what happens. 

• 3 weeks later...
Not much of an update I'm afraid. 

I had a spare Quake Cannon knocking about so figured I'd add it to the yellow Warlord. However, to fit their theme I wanted a combat attachment :biggrin.: I mean, a Bayonet longer than a Leman Russ is a thing, right? 

1ciPVqX.jpg

I also made and painted some more weapons for the Reavers AND added a Vulcan Mega Bolter to the back of the Warlords Power fist because, maybe, one day they might make rules for it?

akmahxg.jpg

I've also started painting the Weapons for my White titan. White is done, black next and gold trim basecoated.

Edited by Lord_Borak

Well that's good then :biggrin.: Sometimes I do wonder. I updated the picutres but they're still a bit blurry. Imgur seems to be doing odd things to them because they're not blurry on my computer. 

I was going to use the Armoured Spikes upgrade from the Crusade List that gives him D6 smash attacks instead of D3 to represent the chain blade. Plus. He's in a Ferrox maniple so his Smash attacks will be str 12 hitting on 3's. Although I plan on taking the Venerable Machine spirit Stratagem so he hits on 2's. Is that a bit OTT?? :biggrin.:

EDIT: Any thoughts on making the Mega Bolter on the back of the Power Claw an actual thing? It seems odd that its in the kit and has no rules.

Edited by Lord_Borak

Great work on the "Chain-onet" - adds a lot of character to the Titan and tells a great story.

That's a mean looking Maniple - have you had a chance to use them on the tabletop yet?

Thanks guys.

No, I haven't managed to get the 'Dirty' Titans on the table yet. Covid has basically ruined my gaming. 1: Because I can't have people round and 2: I'm front line staff so I've just been working some mad hours. I think I've only had 3 games of AT, one with my mates models to try it out and then two games with my White and Purple Legio.

Speaking of white and purple titans! I've finally completed my Warlord. Although I might go and add some decals here and there.

Vetus Gloria

71qnWwa.jpg

m534IcP.jpg

E2vxEPe.jpg

XPMQ9GX.jpg

I tried a new technique with the plasma coils. I like it but it doesn't look anything like the tutorial. Hopefully by the time I've painted the other 5 Sunfury Annihilators and the 8 Warhound Plasma guns I'll be better at it :D