Mini Toy's n That

Lord_Borak

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks guys :)

I've not had much time to myself this last week so I haven't been able to spend any 'decent' time hobby-ing. Despite this I still had the itch to apply paint to something! ANYTHING! so I went and worked on some tiny buildings. I actually had quite a bit of fun painting these up despite them just being Grey dry brushes. I still have some roads to paint and the 'flat top' building WILL have a statue on it when I can source an old 2nd Edition Marine from somewhere.

qbeTOPH.jpg

kgU0UxS.jpg

QPnq6VD.jpg

The details on the front of the ruins are just Imperial Knight icons.

• 2 weeks later...
I built my second Warlord for the White Titans.I wanted a bit more of a dynamic action pose......... however, once again I messed up at the hip joint so instead of charging forward he's more plodding slowly towards the enemy. Which has it's own charm I think. I still like the pose as it has a feel of 'weight' about it. I also chopped off each of his toes on his right foot to reposition them.

Fa5Yjv2.jpg

QJPR10g.jpg

NMxobNs.jpg

Also!! KNIGHTS!!!!

I needed a little 'add on' to my yellow/Red Titans as they weren't quite 1500pts as a force yet.... yet. I will do another Reaver. I'll probably end up doing some more of these Knights as well. I'd love to do some Armigers for them and recreate my 40k Knight army :D

Does anyone happen to know if there are any rules for Knght Crusaders and/or Knight Gallants?

CjEr4LI.jpg

cC6KGBa.jpg

Those are really nice! Particularly impressed with the yellow chevrons. Great work!

As for the rules, the specific weapon loadout isn’t defined in Titanicus. You can pick any weapons from the list in any combination and pay the points. The chainblade and gauntlet both just count as Close Combat Weapons, and yes, you can take two of them, so double chainblade, double gauntlet or one of each is totally fine.

Thanks mate, it's a rare model of mine that doesn't have Hazard stripes on it :D

Egads, it never occurred to me to look at the wording on the back of the card *Facepalm*. I thought the rules were covered is the Molech book for some reason and couldn't find them.

Well. Now that's sorted. Is it worthwhile using Crusaders and/or Gallants?

Edited by Lord_Borak

Ha! Easily done, the way the rules and points are spread across rulebooks, weapon cards and command terminals can sometimes make it a bit confusing when you start out, and even when you’ve been playing for a while!

As to what’s useful, the true but unhelpful answer is, it depends what you want to do with the unit. Mixing weapons in banners is fine, but probably not optimal efficiency as different weapons are clearly good at different jobs. Knights in general are at their most dangerous in combat, so CCW are never a bad shout. They’re also cheap, so double CCW Gallants legging it as quickly as possible across the board are a good distraction carnifex.

If you want a unit to strip shields from medium distance, Battlecannons are the way to go. Double cannon is more expensive, but makes them better in that role. Cannon and CCW is a nice hedge your bets unit if you need to shave 5 points off per model. Thermal cannon are best for getting up close and cracking through some armour, paired with a CCW is probably my go to loadout. The gatlings are really only useful firing at damaged locations or rear shots, after shields are down or inside the shield bubble since they can’t strip shields at all. At the same price as a CCW, it’s a coin toss between them, I think, but only as a single, double gatlings is never useful, I don’t think.

Your Gatling/other cannon build is similar to cannon/CCW in its effectiveness. You’ll only get value from the gatlings if shields are down, or you’re in the bubble, and have managed to crack the shell with the Thermal cannon first, I reckon.

Beware loading up too many points on a unit that can get vaped in one shot by several different weapons, though!

Edited by General Zodd

Well, currently my Yellow/Red Titans are....

Ferrox Maniple,

- Engines of War (Warlords)

- Motive Mastery

- Armoured Spikes (Wargear)

Warlord, Macro Gatling, Quake Cannon, Paired Vulcans, Armoured Spikes [475]

Reaver, Chain Fist, Power Fist, Vulcan [300]

Reaver, Chain Fist, Power Fist, Missiles [300]

Warhound, Flamer, Blastgun [230]

Which leaves me 195pts to burn on some Knights!! It's probably not the most practical of lists but I wanted something in your face  and at complete odds with my White and Purple Legio. So the Knights can fill any roll really. More combat madness with 4 Gallants? or I could actually have some guns in the list with Battle/Thermal Cannons. 

I like that warlord’s pose a lot. It looks very convincing.

For knights, I always like to have a gun and a combat weapon. Crusaders might make sense in a household force to break shields, but when supporting titans you want them able to fight in melee. Titans are just better at shooting.

The gallant is interesting. On the face of it they ought to be a great option, and lots of people do like them. Personally I’m not a fan, for a few reasons. First, there’s the fact that guns are quite good - it’s nice to be able to do damage at range, even if it’s not that awesome. Second, I think they’re just outclassed by lancers in this role.

But also, due to the way AT works, knights are generally better off with any two different weapons, rather than two of the same thing. This is because you roll all the dice for identical weapons together, all against the same armour value.

If you’ve got a second type of weapon then it can attack against the same location, but after the first weapon has done some structural damage and (hopefully) made it easier to do damage. It can often end up being more efficient to have an attack with a high-strength weapon first and then follow up with something with a lower strength but more stacks. And that’s where the paladin and warden knights make sense.

The errant load-out is a bit different because the thermal cannon has a higher strength than the ccw, and is less accurate than the other guns. As a result, ideally you’d fire it at a random location before the ccw and then hit the damaged location with the ccws. It should probably still do targeted attacks if you’ve done a lot of damage with a charge, but it can do a lot of harm even without orders... if it gets to the right position.

Before I’d realised this I really didn’t like the fact that the questoris box comes with one of each gun. I’d have liked to make a banner with three of the same weapon. But now I think it’s actually perfectly sensible to take a banner with mixed weapons like this in support of titans.

It's pretty easy to convert the questoris however. I replaced avengers using two different sizes of plasticard rod to make battlecannons. I also used another avenger and a meltagun to make another thermal cannon. With two boxes of knights I could make 3 errants and 3 paladins.

I dunno, for the price of 3 lances you can get 3 Questoris Gallants and 2 Questoris with guns and a CCW. I kinda like both. Food for thought!! I'll certainly try them both out :D Yes, I'd wish they'd give you some more guns in the box so you could actually do 3 of each and use the spares for Crusaders. Tis a shame but there's no point dreaming! You can always convert them up, use Green stuff press moulds or 3D print them!

Not much of an update. I've done some new weapons for the Warlord and a bit of scenery. 

7JwtWf4.jpg
KMYAplg.jpg
QzPeplR.jpg

Because NO ONE WILL EVER SEE THIS!! I've taken a picture to show off the detail............ I'll know it's there. Which is enough.... I think? Why didn't I do a melal Skeleton like everyone else dammit? 

tlhtImd.jpg

I got my hands on that 2nd ED Marine and a kindly donation of some 3d printed marines. Some old bases, some plasticard and Boom! A quick and easy chapel.

lBHnO8y.jpg
GzFbMUx.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
I've not had much chance to do any hobby of late but I managed to get some bits done over the Easter weekend (now I'm back to work for seven eleven hour shifts on the bounce!).

I've built 3 Reavers, 2 for the white Lego and 1 for the Yellow Legio. This wee chappy is the 3rd Reaver for the Yellow boys!! I cobbled some Carapace Mega Bolters out of some spare Warlord ones I had kicking about. I kinda like them........ kinda.

rS5IRP2.jpg

GjT107y.jpg

I also managed to get some knights finished. These are all ebay rescue jobs so I'm not claiming responsibility for the non centred barrels lol. They're just gaming models so I'm not that fussed about them.

Ph4GlfY.jpg

8KTGnfU.jpg

I'd like to get these boys some Armigers and expand them into a 1000 point force. But that's a ways off yet as I want to get my next White Legio maniple done first.

Ok, so, I'm working on another (possibly last) Titan for the Yellow Boys. This is Rubigo Situla and is still somewhat WIP. I'm not sure what to put in place of the Flak Cannons. I like the mortars on the Warmaster so may well do something like that. I'm not sure. The plasma reactor things at the back in place of the Quake shell magazines are temporary until I think of something better.

kZ7uPx2.jpg
TasCM9k.jpg
lRW0jHw.jpg
2oqB0Zs.jpg

Oh, it's a long shot. but does anyone have any spare Gatling blasters? I have a load of spare Volcano Cannons, Laster Blasters and Laser Destructors left over from my Reavers but I need Gatling Blasters!
Edited by Lord_Borak

Thanks mate. I'm not a fan of the WB head, Glad it's not just me! :D

It's fairly simple chop and swap job. The vent is off the Melta Reaver head cut down to the trim around the vent. Then the WB head was hacked away until the Vent fit in. Extra pipes from Reaver and the WB helped cover joins. It reminds me a bit of the alternative metal Reaver head from way back. 

• 2 weeks later...
Like a big kid, I couldn't resist building this guy and starting to paint it. I had told myself it would be my reward for finishing the next maniple. But who was I kidding? Of course I was going to do him next!! He was easy enoigh to build but it was a long process. It took me 2 days to build him and 34 (yes, thirty four) magnets!!!

8rFINuK.jpg

(top right panel will be purple)

9YkOLr5.jpg

Next to a Reaver just to show the scale of this BEAST

YmXqmgd.jpg

I have also started work on the Warbringer. It's just leadbelcher and washes as the moment.

eRCUDwq.jpg

Thanks mate :) I'm still unsure of the gun. I have that Big Plasma gun to use on him. So we'll see how that goes. Part of me wants to convert him up a bit now. Ditch the carapace gun, put the void generators in place of the Quake Cannon so he's more like a mini Warlord....... I dunno. I might just wait for the NightGuant titan to be released. 

Minor update before I'm back to work tomorrow. I have the White all lined out and ready for highlighting. The purple is also done. Although I'll probably end up doing some more panels purple. I've left a few as I'm not sure what colour to do them (might change when I get it all together)

lGDq4NY.jpg
zuMAqGF.jpg