Mini Toy's n That

Lord_Borak

I’ve stolen your warbringer head idea and I’m very happy with the result. I need to put the trim in with green stuff and I’ve left a bit more of the jowls than you have, making it look a bit like a bulldog, but it’s basically the same. Cheers.

Thanks guys. It's appreciated. I'm still trying to come up with a suitable replacement for the Hydra Flakk guns. Any ideas? I was going to use the spare Warmaster Mortars (I still might) but they're a fair bit smaller.

I’ve stolen your warbringer head idea and I’m very happy with the result. I need to put the trim in with green stuff and I’ve left a bit more of the jowls than you have, making it look a bit like a bulldog, but it’s basically the same. Cheers.

Thanks mate, and no worries. When I first built it.... I didn't like it. But now that I've painted it it's grown on me. I trust we will being seeing pictures of yours in the near future? 

I used Manticore's missiles from the AI ground asset kit for mine:

A mortar battery could be fun as well.

Hmmmm. It suddenly occurs to me that some variation of the Warmaster's pectoral weapons might work here, though I haven't sized that to see if it looks right...

If you need replacement flak guns then these might fit I suppose. They're the resin AI guns. Worst case would be you'd have some expensive base decoration.

99551805001_AMGroundAssetsLead.jpg

I'll get some images of my Warbringer's new head eventually, once I've done the GS work. It's honestly not the top thing on my to do list, but it was nice to do the conversion. I've never been quite happy with the alternate Reaver head I'd given it. This works well.

Edited by Mandragola

Just had a quick play with the resin Hydra guns. They kinda work, but they may be a bit big. But when’s that ever stopped anyone in a Warhammer game?!?

Here’s a size comparison between the Warbringer AA guns and the Hydra turret;

3W0f9tL.jpg

Here it is in situ;

towPaW4.jpg

And then from the front. Left shoulder has the Hydra, right shoulder the original;

dUnZ2Dh.jpg

Hope that’s of help!

Wow, Those are BIG!! I saw the AI terrain set at Warhammer World. It was the first time I saw it and was gutted when I was told it was out of production. The Manticore missiles WOULD have been awesome............ but unless I find an STL then I'm a bit stumped. The Macro Cannon from the Strategems set fits pretty well though so that's always an option. As for the FW bits, the Flakk cannons look a bit too big but I reckon that Earthshaker cannon would fit pretty damn well! Do you have one of those??

General Zodd, how did you do that gold? It's nice!!

Wow, Those are BIG!! I saw the AI terrain set at Warhammer World. It was the first time I saw it and was gutted when I was told it was out of production. The Manticore missiles WOULD have been awesome............ but unless I find an STL then I'm a bit stumped. The Macro Cannon from the Strategems set fits pretty well though so that's always an option. As for the FW bits, the Flakk cannons look a bit too big but I reckon that Earthshaker cannon would fit pretty damn well! Do you have one of those??

General Zodd, how did you do that gold? It's nice!!

I do have the Earthshaker too, but I’ll not have time to fish it out tonight, maybe tomorrow and I’ll post another pic.

As for the gold, thanks! It’s actually super easy, I paint it Leadbelcher, then go over the top with Nazdreg Yellow contrast paint. I find the GW golds don’t cover very well, and I’ve been doing a lot of my non-silver metallics with contrasts for the last few months.

I'll be buying some of that  contrast paint on the weekend then :D

The earthshaker looks good. Once that platform is off of it it should work pretty well. Although, getting two of them just to make some guns on a Warbringers shoulders might be a bit too much of an investment, even for me. I might see if a buddy can print me some. 

That little Bastion looks awesome though. I take it that is a 3D print? With a Warmasters AA gun on top.

I'll be buying some of that contrast paint on the weekend then :D

The earthshaker looks good. Once that platform is off of it it should work pretty well. Although, getting two of them just to make some guns on a Warbringers shoulders might be a bit too much of an investment, even for me. I might see if a buddy can print me some.

That little Bastion looks awesome though. I take it that is a 3D print? With a Warmasters AA gun on top.

Let me know how you get on with the gold! And yes, that’s a 3D print, not by me, I bought it ready made off eBay, and yep, I’ve been waiting for a suitable weapon to mount on top, then GW kindly gives me some spare turrets on the Warmaster!

Let me know how you get on with the gold! And yes, that’s a 3D print, not by me, I bought it ready made off eBay, and yep, I’ve been waiting for a suitable weapon to mount on top, then GW kindly gives me some spare turrets on the Warmaster!

I ended up doing two 15 hour Night shifts (not including travel) Thursday and Friday night and have another one on Sunday night. So all I've managed to do was go into town and buy it. I'll try it out soon hopefully. Even just as a tester.

Seeing this, I'm wondering how the Warbringer would look like with one quake cannon on each shoulder and a control tower in the centre?

They'd probably be too big. However I had thought of moving the Void generators to the place where the Quake cannon should go and then putting Reaver Carapace Turbo lasers/VMB or Warlord missiles where the Flakk Cannons go to make a 'light Warlord' or a 'Heavy Reaver'.

Anyone else noticed that the Warbringers Quake Cannons fits nicely where the Warmasters Revelator Missiles would go? And Vice Versa? 

Edited by Lord_Borak

• 1 month later...
So, this was my first game (I think) since Covid hit and my first game using my Yellow Titans!! My opponent who has been sitting on his titans for about 6 months and still not got them done borrowed my other Titan force. Both were 1530pts (an odd number but hey, at least they matched!). We didn't use Maniple rules, Stratagems or Legio rules as I wanted to keep it basic as it was his first game.

In the White Corner we have

Vetus Gloria (Warlord)

Ultima Nuntius (reaver with Melta Cannon)

Sol Alba (Reaver with Volcano Cannon)

Senex Spe and Friend (Warhounds)

In the Yellow Corner we have..

Legio Cariosus 

Fragmentum Acervum (Warbringer)

Ferrum Meretrix (Reaver)

Fallo Amans (Reaver)

Senem Sordidium (Reaver)

Trux Animalis (Warhound)

Deployment and First Turn. Not a lot happened really. Pretty much all of Legio Cariosus pushed their reactors to get closer to the enemy and other than a few pot shots little happened.

rwVeNPP.jpg

Senex Spe and his mate move into the ruined town, only to make a hasty withdrawal as Fallo Amans smashes its way into the town square only to end up squaring off against Ultima Nuntius. As if the war torn town hadn't had it bad enough!!

HWSvr0a.jpg

nSzxBhS.jpg

Vetus Gloria, Sol Alba, Senex Spe face off against Sordidium Senem. It did not end well for poor Sordidium Senem who crashed to the ground in front of the enemy battleline.

T0kFX2l.jpg

Fallo Amans smashes his way through the town to get to grips with the enemy Titans whilst Trux Animalis and Ferrum Meretrix attempt to flank the enemy and get to grips with Senex Spe. Fire from Fragmentum Acervum, Ferrum Meretrix and Trux Animalis finish off Senex Spe's Friend who suffered a Critical meltdown and damages all nearby Titans.

fl5LqGW.jpg

Ferrum Meretrix opens up Spenex Spe's armour with it's chainfist and finished it off with it's Gatling Blaster. This resulted in a complete reactor Meltdown damaging all Titans nearby, some badly.

H375EQw.jpg

qERvGkn.jpg

BtxFfdD.jpg

After Senex Spe went critical Ferrum Meretrix was easy pickings for Sol Alba. Ferrum Meretrix also suffered a critical meltdown and the resulting explosion also caused Fallo Amans AND Trux Animalis to suffer a critical meltdowns as well.

UIKXJDp.jpg

Sol Alba, reeling from the damage suffered from multiple reactor meltdowns then took a direct hit from Fragmentum Acervums quake cannon. Resulting in yet another Critical Meltdown and causing the unfortunate Ultima Nuntius to suffer a magazine detonation. This left Fragmentum Acervum and Vetus Gloria as the only Titans still standing....

ScUxTdj.jpg

Turn 4, with only two Titans left the game could end here.... Fragmentum Acervum rescues the Titan crew. All it needs to do is survive until the end of the game. However Vetus Gloria has other ideas and hits Fragmentum Acervum in the face with it's Belicosa, causing two critical hits....

ohW2ZiT.jpg

The game carries on to turn 5. Vetus Gloria wins the initiative and first fires it's Belicosa into Fragmentum Acervums face (again) and finally puts the last of Legio Cariossus down.