+++ Dawn Cometh - A Word Bearers Log +++

OUBNiwN.png

His breath vented from the grill of his tusked helm in a bestial snarl, the a guttural and wet rasp that spoke of an eternal hunger, not of exhaustion. He was one with himself, chanting through too many teeth towards the heavens as his finger squeezed the trigger. Each kick of his combi-bolter unleashed a torrent of destruction, precious ammunition wasted on such negligible prey that offered no challenge at all. Their light armour was rent to pieces and their bodies erupted into arterial crimson and ruptured meat. 

He was made for war, bred to the bone to fight worthier prey, but there were few higher calling than the wanton slaughter of those they had once vowed to shepherd into enlightenment. The chorus sang behind the veil, calling his name and entreating to him so that he might add more to the melody of casualties. He acquiesced, as he always did, the servos of his exo-skeleton growling as he treaded through the blood-sodden earth. 

Drums beat in the distance, audible even over din of battle as he and his kin were unleashed upon their sacrificial prey. Let this be an offering to the blessed pantheon, a miniscule token on a billions lives as nothing more than a sign of gratitude to a beneficent divine. Silver flashed in the storm's heart as he swung his bladed claws, tearing through flesh and bone with almost contemptuous ease, for their death was of no effort at all. Even as he moved on, the blood cooked on the scything talons, charring into charred black while the edges began to shine again with the claws' killing edges. 

The verse changed and he moved with it, intoning his voice to the rapturous melody and joining his kin in a roaring exhalation to the sky as they murdered.

"Dawn Cometh!"

XhdO4JI.jpg

Anointed Brother Vendrick of the Word Bearers Legion

Veteran Warrior of the Grievous Will's Host

Coterie of the Coryphaus Domalde, Lifeguard of the Blessed Pontiff

Pict-feed taken at the 'Grief of Herodin' Culling

Through the long night and the eternal war, he has vowed to the sentience malice that he will find no peace until his homeworld of Terra burns.

upZmd46.jpg

zbIKnEh.jpg

8Zm7JTz.jpg

Clqg5mL.jpg

UcsdRTB.jpg

Thanks, y'all. Your continued support and love keeps me going, even though the B&C seems to slowly be getting quieter and quieter these days... :sleep:

I picked my Astral Claws back up recently as well. If you're interest in seeing my work on them, please feel free to go check out ++ To the Bitter End ++. They've always been a passion project of mine and I've been really proud of how they've turned out recently. 

On another subject, I've still got more in the works. Keep your eyes peeled for more raptors soon! 

veZCzRc.jpg

This whole thread is a testament to excellent hobbying and writing. Your take on the Word Bearers is a compelling one, the miniatures ooze character and malice. As is appropiate. Makes me consider painting up a few Horus Heresy era marines as I have slme Mk III lying around.

• 4 months later...
Been a while since I've gotten anything posted. I should really start making a commitment to posting something once a week or something... Regardless, I've been bitten by the Tortuga bug and I'm currently waiting on my first order to come in. I've decided that I desperately want to truescale my entire 30k Word Bearers force and will do so, one squad at a time.

I'll be starting with a basic tactical squad and, while my order from Tortuga Bay is on its way, I decided to make a squad sergeant out of some spare bits lying around. I should have him painted up pretty soon. When that's done, I'll be sure to share it with you guys!

gEk9HUP.jpg

Enjoy!

ID9YslS.png

“It’s quiet now, even as the stone still burns in the aftermath of our fury. It the calm that follows the slaughter, when the rage is bled dry and the cruel bitterness has finally been sated. In those moments, I look upon our works. This world is alien to us now, the monuments built to our naïve ideals now torn down and cast in the viscera and gore. We deface our once-sacred icons, defiling them with the same intent as we would to flay skin from the bone. The sacred texts now choke the air black as the tongue that now decorates our armour in cuneiform engraving and strips of tattooed flesh.

Amidst the millions that now lie still in their blood, life crimson pooling until it clogs at my boots, we stand in monument to our greatest achievements that now crumble around us.

Culture.

Truth.

Unity.

They have each been weighed by our Dark Monarchs, and all have been deemed worthless. And so, in our faith and our bitterness, we destroy it all, down to the last foundational stone.

And then we move on, proud in the devotion and marching as the fires of our accomplishments and duty burns in our wake. We will stop only when the Gods have become satisfied with our show of faith, when the last tone is turned and the empire we built is finally put to an end.

In the ashes of our dreams, what remains?”

------------------------------------------------------------

Veteran Sergeant Gra’fuul of the Word Bearers Legion

Devout Warrior of the Chapter of the Forgotten Dawn

Second Squad, Designation char(66).png(Pa) of the 33rd Void Infantry Company

Astartes Pict-feed taken at the Thandros Genocides

“Sing to the sky as the Dawn bleeds and the black eye peers from the heavens to look upon our cruelty and smile. “

MZeezkk.jpg

sD8JgJs.jpg

ZicAVVY.jpg

8mSfr4d.jpg

lTu2J9p.jpg

Thank you so much for the love, guys. It's been great to get back to working on my Word Bearers and especially fun to ride the Heresy Hype Train once more. While I continue to wait for my Tortuga order to come in, I'm going to keep the hype train going for as long as I can. So, here's a sneak peak at the next squad sergeant that I'll be painting up in the next couple days.

Looks like he's got himself a special trophy too. Shout out to Vazzy for giving me that Legatine axe all those years ago. I finally put it to use, man!

IbXVYHA.jpg

0MmcoHI.jpg

krWS2Hi.jpg