Stallenberg 502nd... with added Norfolkian 8th. 'Pip pip old chap!'

Family shot of the WW1 themed stuff that I have painted, still got a load thats at the basecoat stage but they dont count as they aint done.

med_gallery_75911_16694_363942.jpg

WW2 themed bits need a bit more work doing, I have stripped a few squads for bits to use on the not Krieg stuff so Ill crack on with rebuilding that over the next few days.

Excellent progress, well done! Now for more... for a Guard army is never done :wink:

Cheers. :) Still got WW2 themed Scions (doing double duty as Commissar training squads for 1st ed) and an armoured company to add, thats before I touch fliers and super heavy's.

Then theres Soviets and Brits that I wanna do, and a smol army to add to my WW1 army made up of mounded halfling Death Riders and more short infantry.

Also picked up a little light reading, picked up a few things in waterstones with the missus, handed over Edited by Slave to Darkness

Dont know what the hell is going on with my black ink, its drying glossy and just setting in recesses, never had ink act like this before, and no its not gloss ink... Now I have a bloody ton of bright grey dudes with shiny shadows (sounds like a bad HIM album name :lol: ). Pissed off now. *Curses in Gasmask*

Nah its a new pot, only used it a few times. Tbh I find the quality of some GW stuff totally crap now, last brush I bought off them messed up after a couple of uses (and yes before anybody says anything I can wash out a brush, I have red handled GW brushes that are still in better condition than the new ones). 

May give army painter inks a go now, cant get any worse than the citadel slop. 

Ahh, I may drag my arse down to the shop later then and give that a try, I do have a few gloopy paints that need thinning out, half a bottle for the hobby, half the bottle for myself. :) 

Then I can procrastinate painting until the room stops moving. 

Nah its a new pot, only used it a few times. Tbh I find the quality of some GW stuff totally crap now, last brush I bought off them messed up after a couple of uses (and yes before anybody says anything I can wash out a brush, I have red handled GW brushes that are still in better condition than the new ones). 

May give army painter inks a go now, cant get any worse than the citadel slop. 

I get this with one of my black inks. I end up overpainting it with lahmian medium (matt varnish) or hitting it with purity spray once its finished as that always flattens it out 

Can’t believe I missed your army pic! They’re looking fantastic!

If you’re still interested in Audiobooks there’s a Krieg book getting released next week (along side the Krieg plastics!)

Ahh cheers, praise feels weird coming from the B&C Krieg guy, all I can do us hope my army looks 1% as good as yours.

Totally missed the news on the Krieg book, Ill deffo grab that. :D Cheers for the heads up. 

Out of some basing stuff and a few paints, so I cant 'finish' finish these but tabletop standard is good for me. :smile.:

med_gallery_75911_16694_544172.jpg

now I just need to finish these and I have about 95% of my Guard done...

med_gallery_75911_16694_886210.jpg

Then I am going oldschool and painting the 1st ed unit markings on the helmets as seen here... Ngl that I am not looking forward to doing.

gallery_75911_16694_82.jpg

Edited by Slave to Darkness

I feel just as old knowing theres other vets out there, I just feel better that I am not the only player who is past it. :lol:

Slowly getting through the backlog, nearly finished another unit of Vets...

med_gallery_75911_16694_1011807.jpg

Just need to do the flesh and any silver bits and then I can forget about these and go back to grey on grey. :tu:

I’m loving the spotter with his brain blown out! Nice touch, adds to the story.

As most of my heavy weapon teams only have a gunner at the moment, I may use up some spare bits and do a few more dead spotters, or most of the spotters anyway. Might do one who has taken a bolt round to the chest, then I get to play with uhu glue and make gore splashing out everywhere. I think its time I actually went outside and stopped watching Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan over and over... 

Also contemplating de Nurglefying a Plagueburst Crawler, that looks like a nice chunky tank that would look good in camo with a little work.

Also contemplating de Nurglefying a Plagueburst Crawler, that looks like a nice chunky tank that would look good in camo with a little work.

Interesting idea never thought of that before. You should do it :yes:

Actually it doesnt look like it will take much effort, most of the pitted metal texture I could put down to fighting in a corrosive atmosphere for extended periods of time. Not sure what to run it as though, counts as Leman Russ Demolisher?