Stallenberg 502nd... with added Norfolkian 8th. 'Pip pip old chap!'

Making them unique could be a good way of getting some abhumans in the force without doing whole squads of them, add some of the female Cannon Fodder as well and I have plenty of room for conversion potential, always liked Imperial Beastmen and I could stick in some of the Cat people (Felinids?). 

Wooo Sidecar bike has been printed and in the post :) everything should be here soon. 

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Halftrack may be a smidgen too long, its like an inch longer (wayhey ;) ) than a Russ, and the bike and sidecar is more Bolt Action than 40k scale, nothing I can do about the halftrack but the bike Ill just boost with more dirt on the base so it doesnt look so tiny. Ahh well, at least I have new things to play with. The Cannon Fodder sprue turned up as well so now I have to go through all my spare bits to zazz them up for my Penal Troops.

We are his Shovel. 

STILL waiting on the Chimera turrets, just had to message the seller, I always feel bad doing that even though its my money were talking about :laugh.:

Hopefully Ill be able to finish this bloody transport soon. *Grumpy face* 

As for the Penal Legion, how exactly do they fit into the Guard organisation? Do they deploy as Platoons like normal units or random units just sent out as and when they are needed? Do they have command squads and heavy weapon squads? If they do have command do they deserve a banner? Got a few ideas I wanna do but needs the answers before I pull the trigger on them. 

++EDIT++

Just found this, I was thinking about scratch building trenches but this looks much easier and takes up no space (something I lack in my flat). 

https://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/inicio/753-trenches-neoprene-terrain-set.html

trenches-neoprene-terrain-set.jpg

Comes to just under £26, Im so picking one up next month.

Im thinking of some Guard on Guard Space Hulk style trench clearing games. Just gotta wait for WGA to bring out the Space Brits at some point this month. 

Im also thinking about the trenches, mixing 2d and 3d scenery may not look right so I may make some small wall sections about waist high out of coffee stirrers and milliput to place alongside the edge of the card to give them a bit more of a 3d trench look, kind of how people did walls  to go down the side of their space hulk floorplans to give it a touch more realism. 

May even adapt the dungeon bowl rules for Xmas day footie matches, seems like Im gonna get a lot of use out of a single box of cardboard. 

I’d go for them if I didn’t already have the Wall of Martyrs set.

But is it all painted yet? 

Oh I forgot I had some pictures to add.

Firstly a group shot of stuff I have so far.

gallery_75911_16694_577725.jpg

Scale shot of the halftrack and bike/sidecar with actual GW stuff.

med_gallery_75911_16694_1146837.jpg

med_gallery_75911_16694_1143989.jpg

I have bulked up the base on the bike so it doesnt look as small at first glance, headcannon Im saying the Stallenberg use promising recruits for their scouts, basically teenagers on bikes.

med_gallery_75911_16694_729866.jpg

Finally a better shot of my Penal Legion, decided to do a small platoon of them, heres the command squad and officer.

med_gallery_75911_16694_1016573.jpg

A box of these will snag me another 30 and Ill just need to get some female Cannon Fodder sprues, beastmen and cat heads and Ill have plenty of meatshields, the Stallenberg lot are equal opportunists when it comes to their bullet magnets. Actually I think I have some beastmen legs somewhere, may have a pop at making a unit leader or something.

med_gallery_75911_16694_936609.jpgmed_gallery_75911_16694_17617.jpg

Slowly getting there, detailed the top with the vents from a half built Panzer IV (I think, I got the kit part built from a charity shop without a box) and the hatch was from the Halftrack that came in the Bolt Action box.

“But is it all painted yet?”

You should know better than to ask that!! If it’s not painted it doesn’t make the table!

Really enjoyed the family portrait. Though there seems to be a lot of grey there!

Get moving Korpsman!

Edited by Jud Cottrell

A lot of it still needs highlights etc, phone cameras crap and doesnt pick up much colour. Though I do still have 20 conscripts that are just primed and some of it is just base colours, I bit off more than I can chew and lost motivation. :/ 

I do need to get my finger out and paint more before I do space brits as the WGA minis are released this month, and I wanna get the HH box for a Fire Hawks army... Too many projects, not enough time or motivation... 

I hear you! So much vying for your time.

Fire Hawks will be perfect for the beakies!

I’m trying to make my mind up whether I’m going to get the box for my HH Dark Angels or to wait and see what the upgrade kits bring.

I’m trying to make my mind up whether I’m going to get the box for my HH Dark Angels or to wait and see what the upgrade kits bring.

Do both!! Tbh I only went for a Badab chapter over a Heresy force because I dont really trust GW to do good chapter specific stuff. Though if they do Knightly bucket helms for the DA I might give them a go for my not Templars, converting marine helms with Bretonnian face plates is damn annoying. 

Too much glory boy discussion here and not enough painted tanks!

Apologies sir! Will get back to Humanity’s finest!!

So thats a no on the elbow piks then?? Gutted. 

Guess its time to start painting all the unit markings on the helmets, these guys are not gonna identify themselves.

You should have said ankles, you might’ve got a lot more interest!

Good luck with the helmets.

Too much glory boy discussion here and not enough painted tanks!

Apologies sir! Will get back to Humanity’s finest!!

So thats a no on the elbow piks then?? Gutted. 

Guess its time to start painting all the unit markings on the helmets, these guys are not gonna identify themselves.

You should have said ankles, you might’ve got a lot more interest!

Good luck with the helmets.

Ankles dont look as sexy, even Slaanesh laughs at my pasty white legs. 

• 4 weeks later...

Had a thought, was thinking about making a King Tiger/Baneblade conversion, what scale Tiger would I need for the turret to be in scale? Im still trynna figure out model kit scales. 

In other news, I did get some styrene sheets to make some gaming boards, I tried using kitty litter for texture but the weight nearly snapped the sheet, so I scraped it all off and decided to use cheap no brand teabags to flock the board with. Was a bit of flex in the first board so I slapped some of the ol pva and some takeaway pizza boxes on the bottom to give it a bit of stability. Teabags are now my fave basing material, my table smells so British. Just need to fit some crumpets in there and jobs a goodun. 

Forgot to post images. 

One of the boards, got 3 more to do. Just threw on all my non Necromunda scenery, gonna have to make more. Ill finish off the razor wire bits (strips with matchsticks) when I relocate my wire, I saw it a few weeks ago but I tidied up and put is somewhere safe. So safe I dont remember where it is. Roads a bit naff but its all made out of scrap and its better than playing on the floor so I dont really care if it looks bad, I can invite people round now for some drinks (Hobgoblin/Kinggoblin naturally) and some dice throwing so alls good.

2022-06-21 18.46.43.jpg

Hedges made with some bits I got from the local hobby store, I only popped in to see if they had any German halftracks, after lurking for nearly an hour I felt bad for not buying anything so I grabbed the nearest thing, ten quid later (wish I checked the price lol) I had some hedge material, so heres my first effort with using that stuff. Also just noticed I need to paint the goggles and the map on one guy, totally forgot about those. 2022-06-18 22.48.38.jpg

I have also pulled the trigger on those greenstuff world trenches, should be here in a few more days hopefully. Oh and I snatched a Leman Russ Punisher off ebay for 20 quid, so thats my tank commander sorted now as well... 

Oh I ordered some greenstuff, dont know why but it was cheap and its always handy to have about incase I want to whip my neighbour with the strip. 

Ohh modhood?!? Congrats. 

*Salutes* 

English muppet reporting for duty SIR!!!!

I prefer a messy hobby area, but the association I rent my flat off were concerned about 'clutter' in and said if I dont cull they will on my behalf if I like it or not. They dont quite understand the hobby and forced culling would mess my mental health up as they were eyeing up my styrene rocks and semi built card buildings saying they are pointless and just trash... Fuming isnt the word but Im not having strangers digging through my crap.

Gotta get through this lot before july when the WGA Space Brits drop. Already written out a rough list so I have some structure to work to and I dont buy stuff I wont end up using. My Guard is already larger than I originally planned, I was only going to do a mechanised vet army with Leman Russ support, the whole WW1 themed stuff was not planned at all lol. I regret nothing though.

Just in case I loose the bit of scrap paper I scribbled the list down on Ill leave it here so I have something to refer to. 

Commander

Commissar

Command Squad (Standard, Vox, Medic, Sniper)

Special Weapon Squad (Snipers)

Heavy Weapon Squad (Heavy Bolters)

Vets (Vox, x3 Grenade Launchers, Heavy Bolter)

Vets (Vox, x3 Flamers, Heavy Bolter)

x5 Scions (x2 Grenade Launchers)

x5 Scions (x2 Flamers)

Ill add normal infantry squads when the WW1 Brits get released.