The Harbingers

Elrahir

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [106 PL, 2,001pts, 12CP] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment Command Cost

Plague Company: The Harbingers

+ HQ +

Death Guard Chaos Lord [6 PL, 115pts]: 1. Revoltingly Resilient, Bolt pistol, Power fist, Suppurating Plate, Virulent Fever, Warlord

Malignant Plaguecaster [6 PL, 115pts]: 1. Miasma of Pestilence, 5. Curse of the Leper, Bolt pistol, Virulent Fever

+ Troops +

Plague Marines [6 PL, 118pts]

. Plague Champion: Boltgun, Plague knife

. 2x Plague Marine w/ boltgun: 2x Blight grenades, 2x Boltgun, 2x Krak grenades, 2x Plague knife

. Plague Marine w/ bubotic axe: Bubotic Axe

. Plague Marine w/ special weapon: Plasma gun

. 2x Plague Marine w/ boltgun: 2x Blight grenades, 2x Boltgun, 2x Krak grenades, 2x Plague knife

Plague Marines [7 PL, 138pts]

. Plague Champion: Boltgun, Daemonic plague blade, Viscous Death

. Plague Marine w/ boltgun

. Plague Marine w/ cleaver: Great plague cleaver

Plague Marines [12 PL, 202pts]

. 6x Plague Marine w/ boltgun: 6x Blight grenades, 6x Boltgun, 6x Krak grenades, 6x Plague knife

Plague Marines [12 PL, 202pts]

. 6x Plague Marine w/ boltgun: 6x Blight grenades, 6x Boltgun, 6x Krak grenades, 6x Plague knife

+ Heavy Support +

Chaos Land Raider [15 PL, 285pts]

Plagueburst Crawler [9 PL, 175pts]: 2x Entropy cannon, Rothail volley gun

Plagueburst Crawler [9 PL, 175pts]: 2x Entropy cannon, Rothail volley gun

+ Dedicated Transport +

Chaos Rhino [4 PL, 80pts]: Havoc launcher

++ Total: [106 PL, 2,001pts, 12CP] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Hello, a few words, I post this list thinking how much i like the new codex. Pretty straightforward regarding tactics as it is a full mechanised death guard force and with heavy reliance on the new and very deadly in mid to close quarters plague marines. Unfortunately i am model restricted to my choices of wargear.

In any case my aim is to get to close combat as soon as possible and although things will bog down in melee, i think i will get the upper hand regarding only in the resilience and faitiness of the plague marines.

• Why Harbingers? You're using literally none of their abilities. Might as well pick a Plague Company whose stratagem is going to help your list, even if you choose not to use their unique WL trait or relic.
  • Also, why Viscous Death on a PM Champ?

LR is almost certainly not worth the points. Spamming Plague Marines is a seriously cool concept though and will probably be a lot of fun

Could you please write a bit about what kind of gear you have available ? There are many tips I would like to give to make some improvements, but I need to know if you for instance have plague marines with flails, blight launchers and so on. Also, do you own Typhus ? Do you have Poxwalkers ?

Also, like Marshall Loss hints at, you have misunderstood Vicious Death, it does nothing on a Plague Marine champion at all. That upgrade is for plague flamers and weapons where you have random attacks that you need to roll how many you get.

As for the land raider, like Marshall Loss said, it is very over-costed and inefficient. However, it is not the biggest problem, you can make it work if you field a lot of fast moving armour I think, but you sacrifice a lot of points for it. To be clear, it is not to be considered a competitive choice. and if your opponent fields competitive lists, the large points cost of that vehicle will hamper you.

I would really like to help you improve your list though, but I need more info as to what you have in your collection :)

I do have Typhus and a lot of cultists, i don’t have poxwalkers. I see what you mean with harbingers and with viscous, I didnt notice until you mentioned it. I know the lr is not a competitive choice but most of my experience shows that its only role is to tank and its really good at that, anyway i know the list has weaknesses but i think the most obvious one is its lack of any anti air and anti armor capabilities. I would gladly replace the lr with a good air unit and some much needed firepower but dont know what. Thanks for the replies. Cheers!

Alright. Let us see. 2K points, you want to play with Land Raider, that's fair.

If you have the option, I would really exchange the plasma with the Blight Launcher, it is just a superior weapon for the same cost.

If you have any marines modeled with flails, I would seek to add one in the squads you plan to advance into your opponents DZ with. That's 6 attacks on each of those flails. The Great Axe is a good weapon now though.

Note: You cannot take the same Pathogen twice. It specifies that you must take another one. Seriously though, pathogens are not very good on ordinary Plague Marine champions, it is more for the Terminators and possessed champions and characters in general. Pathogens are very expensive in points. I am assuming that your last two squads are you spearhead, those you most want to engage the opponents DZ objectives with due to weapon loadout. Note: If you scrap all pathogens, you can almost afford Typhus if you drop the chaos lord.

In fact, I like the idea of plague marine spam like your list is, so many objective secured squads might be truly good. Even so, if you drop one of the 202 squads, you can approximately afford typhus and 5 Blightlords. I think that would improve your list personally. He is very hard to kill and would give you 2 psykers, as well as being the commander of the Harbingers of course. I would either deepstrike him along with terminators in T2, or put him in the landraider to lead one of your plague marine squads. Typhus doesn't really need to be with the termies, but this is up to you.

You can use some or all of these suggestions as you want, or none of them. If you have questions feel free to ask ! :)