I still think the skull-headed octopus looks best. Maybe use the black octopus against a lime-green background, as that color is often associated with zombies in pop culture?

As far as I can tell, there can be multiple badges for a single campaign so I would use all of them

As far as I can tell, there can be multiple badges for a single campaign so I would use all of them

Fair enough. Proposed meanings for the different badges:

Skull and anchor: Participated in the void (space combat) campaign.

Skull-headed octopus: Participated in the ground campaign.

Skull and ship's wheel: Killed an enemy warlord (the wheel directs a ship; a warlord directs an army).

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Major Update!

I have done a major update to all sections. I have also updated Yellow Night, but without redoing the graphic I will just post that update here:

Yellow Night

REGARDING: Report on on-going Investigation of Adeptus Astartes Chapter “Prædicators” - Yellow Night

Field observation of Adeptus Astartes Chapter ‘Prædicators' found no data to suggest any deployment of the ancient war machines hereby referred to as Dreadnoughts. Records do confirm however receival of Dreadnought frames upon founding, and no further deliveries have been made. Further investigation was conducted. Find enclosed an extract of Techmarine Cildil Shuli’s testament, given in confidence regarding the reason Adeptus Astartes Chapter ‘Prædicators’ do not operate Dreadnoughts.

To this I set my Hand and Sigil, in this year 40,916, day 122.

I remain His servant, Inquisitor Verticer von Hal

The tale of the Machine Spirits whispers through the void, a haunting refrain that echoes within our shattered souls. We, the forsaken sons of the stars, have wandered forlornly amidst the dust clouds and nebulae, our minds gripped by tendrils of madness that slither and coil, insinuating their way into our very being. Yet, a false sense of security and complacency settled upon us, like a veil of delusion shielding us from the impending abyss.

We deluded ourselves that if we could only steel our hearts against the onslaught of haunting nightmares, the encroaching madness would recede like a spectre fading into oblivion. Alas, it was a fallacy, a treacherous mirage that would usher a most fateful night upon our once-proud flagship, the Vorpalsun. Captain Trali Bhaohas, a venerable warrior of the 7th Company, bearing the weight of nearly two centuries upon his weary frame, fell in mortal combat upon the Eternity Bridge. His mortal form was ravaged, yet his indomitable spirit refused to yield. Thus, he was consigned to the ancient sarcophagi of a venerable Dreadnought, a tomb of iron and ceramite.

Within the confines of that enforced slumber, his tortured mind descended into realms of unimaginable horror. The Sarcophagi, once a haven of preservation, transformed into a prison of torment. Isolated, devoid of physical sensation, he was left with nought but his own thoughts, twisted and distorted by the unyielding grip of anguish. No mortal fortitude could endure such unrelenting suffering, and in the end, Captain Bhaohas succumbed to darkness and madness unfathomable by the human mind.

Yet, his shattered will stir the slumbering machine spirit encased within his Dreadnought shell. A pulsating aura of madness radiated from his entombed form, initiating his incarcerated brethren's dormant mind impulse units. They, too, succumbed to the swirling chaos of insanity instantly. These Dreadnoughts, behemoths of destruction, rent corridors asunder with their colossal mass. Their assault cannons unleashed a symphony of roaring fire, rending armour and vital conduits along the ship's hull. Their power fists obliterated bulkhead doors as easily as one might crush a fragile shell.

A cataclysmic wave of devastation cascaded throughout the vessel's bowels, leaving nothing but ruin and despair in its wake. Many brave Brothers, driven by a valiant desire to halt the unbridled chaos and end Bhaohas' torment, fell beneath the onslaught of their once-revered kin. It was a maelstrom of destruction, an infernal dance of death. The only respite came when Bhaohas and his madness-consumed brethren were cast into the frigid embrace of the void in an act of desperate salvation. The airlock opened wide, and the ship's point defence systems ended their suffering, extinguishing their existence in the cold vacuum of space.

We salvaged their lifeless forms and reclaimed the shattered remnants of their Dreadnought armour. With their solemn duty, the Apothecaries gathered the fallen Brothers, their ravaged bodies bearing witness to the horrors they endured. It was decreed that we shall not repair those three suits of indomitable might, for they stand now as solemn sentinels in the halls of our flagship. A constant reminder that the burden we bear, the weight of our existence, may prove too much to endure for any of us. With heavy hearts, the senior command ordered the life support systems of those who did not stir from their slumber on that accursed night to be gently extinguished, allowing them to drift away into eternal sleep, their torment at last quelled.

The colossal frames now stand sealed away, locked within chambers, never to be beheld or utilized again. They serve as a testament to the fragility of our sanity, the perilous precipice upon which we tread. In the shadowed recesses of the void, we, the Void Herald Techmarines, bear witness to the harrowing truths that lurk beyond the veil of our understanding. Our souls, forever marked by the madness unleashed that fateful night, carry the weight of a cosmos teetering on the brink of annihilation.

• 1 month later...

I wanted to take a moment to provide you with an update on the progress of my project, specifically regarding the Praedicators. Over time, I've realized that certain aspects of their background and characteristics could be improved to make the chapter even more compelling. So, I've made some decisions that will enhance the overall experience.

Firstly, when writing about the Praedicators, I chose the Silver Skulls as their founding chapter. However, as circumstances have evolved, I felt it essential to address potential issues proactively. As a result, I have decided to change their founding chapter to one that has received very little attention in existing lore. This shift will allow me greater creative freedom to develop the Praedicators' unique story and identity.

Secondly, the combat doctrine of the Praedicators has been challenging for me to formulate and articulate. While they adhere to the Codex, I wanted to convey their distinct approach to warfare. Recently, I had a breakthrough and a surge of inspiration. I have now found a way to differentiate their combat doctrine from other Codex-compliant chapters. In the coming months, I will be updating this section of their lore to reflect this exciting development.

Lastly, I am thrilled to share that I have resumed building miniatures for the project. As part of this, I have successfully 3D printed Praedicator Pauldrons, which will undoubtedly add a unique visual element to the chapter. I am considering starting a modelling blog to document this creative process and share my progress with you all. Through this platform, I will showcase the miniatures I have built, provide insights into my painting techniques, and discuss any modifications I make. It will also allow me to connect with fellow hobbyists passionate about this project.

I am truly excited about the project is direction and the improvements we are implementing. I want to thank all of you for your continued support and enthusiasm. Your engagement and feedback have been invaluable, and I am committed to delivering a captivating narrative for the Praedicators.

Please stay tuned for further updates,