Im sorry Mods but please take a step back

Black Knight

I didn't want to make this thread but the locking of the 3D printer thread has just pushed me over the line. The moderation of this entire forum in the recent weeks has started to go into overdrive to a point where I believe it is actively harming the discussion, the very thing this forum is for.

The other day, posts in the Dark Templar thread were removed, they weren't offensive or off topic but they disappeared. The threads were about the origin of the pics and the attitude of the leaker. Why are you removing these as that discussion leads to the authenticity of the leaks?

Also the amount of people asking for posts to be deleted because they do not follow that persons belief in the discussion is alarming and any rightful discussion on that, even when constructful is also deleted.

That brings me to the post on the "ELEGOO Jupiter Kickstarter" and its locking by a mod with the comment of

Printers are not 40K news.

Excuse me... 3D printers are not a discussion we can have on a 40k forum where you have an ENTIRE sub forum devoted to creation and painting of assets? What the :censored: are you smoking over there in the mod section.

I don't care if a very small amount of idiots are out there copywrite infringing products, they are stupid and the vast swath of us hobbiers use 3D printers to create OUR OWN products for the hobby from coins, to markers, to sodding scenery. So that comment can go where it deserves, in the deleted post bin that you seem to be holding with the upmost regard right now.

I love this forum and I see it slowly degrading every day because the Melta is hot and heavy and the manner in which it is used is not thought about. Ban me if you want for this but this forum has a problem.

"3D printers are not 40k news" no mate they are!

Edited by Black_Knight

=][=

Please use the Suggestion Box forum for discussing improvements you'd like to see to the board, including how it is moderated.

Additionally, if you feel there's a specific problem with how something was moderated, please either report it using the report button or message an admin.

Thank you.

=][=

So after this morning I was given a Written warning for speaking up about something that was wrong on the forum. When I tried to tell the forum in the thread, that started all of this, that I had been given a written warning for my actions, it was deleted.

Why are you giving out warnings if no one knows about them? How are you supposed to inform others that certain behaviour is not liked in this forum if you delete the very post that tells the rest of us fraters about it and your expected standard.

I can only think that you are trying to hide that you gave me that warning for trying to right something that I perceived as wrong. There was no malice in my actions only good intentions and yet the mail I got from the Moderation team definably made it sound like "I" was the problem and not the team for blocking stuff that shouldn't be.

If you are going to give me a warning please own it and stop hiding, I have no illusions anymore that the Moderation process is fair or consistent, especially when you go nuclear on anyone that shows that everything isn't honkeydorey.

You have 2000 post on this forum, you know exactly how we expect Frater to condcut themselves. I removed your comment as it was not constructive or on topic. The Thread is open, fellow Frater can see it's open, you don't need to comment on it further.

As you have messaged the Admins, I would recommend waiting on their response

I know how to act, I act for the good of the forum and its Fratters, not shy away because it upsets the Moderation team who were wrong on the matter, so much infact I got a warning for it.

May I also ask how you know about private correspondence between me and the admins and one moderator? That moderator was not you.

Edited by Black_Knight

I am calm, do not worry about me. The fact I got a written warning for informing the Moderators that they had made a mistake is something I must escalate up the chain even if its bad for me, I believe they have overstepped their bounds and I have contacted the Admin to review it. I have no illusions that this will turn out pleasantly but I cannot stand by as I am bullied into being a good boy.

The email I received from a Moderator shows exactly how they think of Fraters who make even a small wave in the ocean. "You have been noticed", the only thing you noticed me doing is standing up for people with opinions that others have smacked down as not worthy.

I do have perspective, everything you do in life has equal meaning whether its at work, home or on a forum where we visit to make friends and build a community.

I think Valrack put it best, Warhammer is us the community before anything else. Most of us are here to make friends and not just play with toy soldiers.

I got a written warning for informing the Moderators that they had made a mistake

This is being extremely misleading to the other frater and appears to be a transparent attempt to paint the Moderation Team in a poor light.

The message to you was to ask you to kindly stop being disruptive while we dealt with the situation regarding the 3D printer topic, and you were given the warning that being disruptive goes against the very forum rules that you agreed to abide by when you signed up as a member of the Bolter & Chainsword.

Why are you giving out warnings if no one knows about them? How are you supposed to inform others that certain behaviour is not liked in this forum if you delete the very post that tells the rest of us fraters about it and your expected standard.

The behaviours that are, and are not tolerated on this website can be found in the section, cunningly named "Forum Rules". We do that to confuse people. 

Likewise, the remit of mods and corrective actions, along with what will earn you warnings are described in the same section. 

Edited by Xenith

I got a written warning for informing the Moderators that they had made a mistake

This is being extremely misleading to the other frater and appears to be a transparent attempt to paint the Moderation Team in a poor light.

Is it thou? He isn't alone on having issues.

If you believe that Xenith would you allow me to paste the mail here then please, it was between you and I.

I personally have nothing to hide from making it public but due to decorum I am unable to unless you also agree to that action.

Edited by Black_Knight

No, the warning was not issued for informing moderators that a mistake was made.

Please feel free to use the established channels for making complaints to the moderators and admin teams.

This thread is being locked because it is a personal grievance. Please also feel free to start a thread that contains a suggestion, making it a more productive and worthwhile thread for the entire forum, as well as adhering to the forum rules.

Edited by Juggernut