I've been lurking on here for the longest time and thought it was about time to try and make a WIP thread of my White Scars successors, the Celestial Guardians. Hopefully it helps with keeping motivated and painting more minis. Here is what I've built so far. 

51498195797_2eeb23cc5c_z.jpg

Captain Hisagi Jiro - The Storm Prince - Celestial Guardians 3rd company

51498987861_c9bf700890_z.jpg

51499918210_0207397894_z.jpg

Lieutenant Gamagori - The Evening Star 

51498987841_4ab5d9e7b1_z.jpg

51498987891_2c65971cc2_z.jpg

51498195782_3828920937_z.jpg

Two members of the Dragon's Talons. Count as Bladeguard veterans 

51499705664_8933206670_z.jpg

Lieutenant Byamba Baro - Red Hawk - 

If you cant tell already, I'm a big fan of polearms so when i saw the new AOS kits i knew i had to get a hold of some to use for some space marine conversions. Here is a look at the lieutenant before he was painted. 

51499092576_4609d2b299_z.jpg

51500052595_2d7404f3a4_z.jpg

Assault intercessors 

51498987916_e84232cd54_z.jpg

Seki Yoshihiro - The Sun Eater - Judiciar assigned to the 3rd Company. 

I wanted to do something that would differentiate these chaplains from other space marine chapters and decided to draw inspiration from japanese Oni. So instead of the classic skull masks, they will use red horned helms. Since there are red and blue Oni in japanese folklore, my plan is for my version of the librarians to have blue horned helms. 

51498195752_94eb47366d_z.jpg

51499212218_04c9ebca0f_z.jpg

I also wanted a chance to make a unit that would visually fit well with the chaplains but also look a little different from the rest of the company. so here are some Assault Intercessors that will accompany Yoshihiro into battle. 

51499212443_077c409813_z.jpg

51498987941_7d2de77a06_z.jpg

51499918250_e8c5005269_z.jpg

Incursor Sergeant. I spent alot of time painting the skulls and hair of the trophies and was super nervous about how it would look once I added the blood. Super happy with the result. 

51498195892_293c1d3b3e_z.jpg

51499212383_99fdbf0c4c_z.jpg

and the rest of the latest squad. 

The next project will be the third member of the Blade Guard. I plan to have 6 in all, but want to have the first three done to complete the unit so that they soon can be used for a new crusade campaign. 

51499092601_7439c7ebe8_z.jpg

These are wonderful. The cultural influences are very clear, and since it's so well done they still also read as Space Marines. Purple and green are a great punchy combination that's both unusual and have quite sinister undertones – but the warmth of the colours you've chosen used stops them looking like villains.

I particularly like Hisago Jiro; the patterning on the cloth is great, and the pose is very striking. Seki Yoshihiro is another stand-out, and I love the idea of the Librarians of the Chapter mirroring the Chaplains' appearance, but in blue. Very fitting. Quite besides those stand-out characters, however, It's worth reiterating that they're all absolutely fantastic. Brilliant stuff!

Ooooh, I recall some of your miniatures making the rounds on fb groups, absolutely loved them, the composition and the painting are great! I really like the Red Hawk, that stormcast sculpt is great and you've adapted it perfectly to a primaris! Looking forward to seeing more!

These are wonderful. The cultural influences are very clear, and since it's so well done they still also read as Space Marines. Purple and green are a great punchy combination that's both unusual and have quite sinister undertones – but the warmth of the colours you've chosen used stops them looking like villains.

I particularly like Hisago Jiro; the patterning on the cloth is great, and the pose is very striking. Seki Yoshihiro is another stand-out, and I love the idea of the Librarians of the Chapter mirroring the Chaplains' appearance, but in blue. Very fitting. Quite besides those stand-out characters, however, It's worth reiterating that they're all absolutely fantastic. Brilliant stuff!

Thank you! In one of my original tests, i tried the scheme with a colder purple that was close to pre-heresy Emperor's Children. That combined with the green came off as a little cartoony, so i switched it to a more magenta color. The green is suppose to be the company color, so im interested in seeing how other colors would work with the magenta and steel look. Teal, might be the next one to try if I ever get around to making a model from one of the other companies. 

I think the horned Librarians should work well. I just have to figure out where to buy or try and build a shakujo (monks staff) before i start building one. 

Great conversions, very characterful. And really nice colour scheme to match it! Loving the free-handed patterns on the Lieutenant's robes especially.

Thank you! The free-hand was a challenge. 

Ooooh, I recall some of your miniatures making the rounds on fb groups, absolutely loved them, the composition and the painting are great! I really like the Red Hawk, that stormcast sculpt is great and you've adapted it perfectly to a primaris! Looking forward to seeing more!

I'm very happy with how Red Hawk turned out. It's always a great feeling when you're able to execute the idea you get in your head. I normally am not a the biggest fan of using Stormcast as space marines but i like the direction they have gone with the new releases and i think that keeping space marine legs, instead of stomecast ones, really helps sell the look. 

These are superb my friend! It really shows that you’re putting in the time to make them shine. Even you rank and file ooze character with your pose selection and color scheme. Bold choices have yielded you some great minis. I will be watching to see this project grow!

Work has been a bit of a drag so i havn't had the opportunity to get into a painting groove, so I've decided to convert instead. I love the look of heavy intercessors and plan to have 1-2 10 man units for this project. Now i just have to figure out how to make them stand out from usual heavy intercessors and match the overall aesthetic i've built so far. Here is the first mock up. 

51535236015_e113778040.jpg

51535028484_ddd7531e98.jpg

I think I'll add an additional "armor panel" to the shoulder pads and greaves, and i still have to add the usual accessories, pistol holster, etc. I dont think I'll go for this exact look for every marine in the unit, since I do like the idea of warriors customizing their own armor over time. So some might have these armor panels, others more robes. 

Here is a mock up I did for an eradicator (still have to finish the other 2) and I might make similar huge shoulder pads for some of the marines in the Heavy intercessor unit. 

51535311495_e49af847eb.jpg

51534628603_040da03144.jpg

• 1 month later...

51683251707_094a1b80b6.jpg

Quick update on the first two heavy intercessors. Happy with the result. Especially on the sergeant's robes, I am still getting use to bulking out the shoulder pads and armor panels on the legs. Will be looking into trying to use milliput since i've heard you can sand that down for a smoother result. 

• 3 weeks later...

These are excellently executed. The cultural flavor is tasteful too.

Thank you. Its always tough being inspired by a culture and trying to be pay homage and not be too on the nose. 

Was finally able to finish of the third blade guard veteran. Now my captain's honour guard, The Dragon's Talons, are ready for battle. I have some ideas for three more blade guard to finish off the unit, but will try and focus on finishing other units. 

51732057259_774678230e_c.jpg

51731653663_ba35e387be_c.jpg

Here is a shot of Captain Hisagi Jiro and his Talons. 

51730529982_47bb47ebcf_c.jpg

Nice conversions. Very nice painting and colour selection as well.

On a side note, I'm not too sold on the horns on your last bgv. That might chafe with the inquisition, or are they trophies from a mighty slain enemy?

Aside from this small point, absolutely loving where you took the mariines!

Keep it up.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice conversions. Very nice painting and colour selection as well.

On a side note, I'm not too sold on the horns on your last bgv. That might chafe with the inquisition, or are they trophies from a mighty slain enemy?

Aside from this small point, absolutely loving where you took the mariines!

Keep it up.

Thank you. Well the reason behind the horns is that his epiphat/moniker is "The One-eyed Bull". I'm also not that big of a believer in the horns = chaos idea. 

And here are some more horns! The first model of 2022. I had this idea right before going on christmas break so had to wait til after the holidays to build and paint my chaplain. I'm pleased with the greenstuff robes and beads since I needed him to look alot different from the recent bladeguard since they both use the indomitus chaplain as the base for the conversion. The tetsubo is from conversionworld.de and the mask is made from greenstuffing the blackstone fortress cultists leader's mask onto a primaris helmet. Now just waitng on a package from GW and I should be able to start working on my Blue Oni Librarian. 

51794084322_0834dfeabf_c.jpg

51795764280_f7d543c10b_c.jpg