30 seconds out

Hey all. I managed to get my hands on one of these fantastic thunder hawks a month or so ago. Don’t play AI but the mini was too nice to pass up.

I ended up throwing in some mini-beakies and a red smoke grenade to mark the LZ. Thanks for looking! Hope to add some more Dark Angel aviation in the future to this post.

gallery_19551_15776_18000.jpggallery_19551_15776_63015.jpggallery_19551_15776_133726.jpggallery_19551_15776_348044.jpggallery_19551_15776_167866.jpggallery_19551_15776_645156.jpggallery_19551_15776_409680.jpggallery_19551_15776_573521.jpg

gallery_19551_15776_121904.jpggallery_19551_15776_19869.jpggallery_19551_15776_89891.jpggallery_19551_15776_260388.jpggallery_19551_15776_227037.jpg

how easy/good were they to put together? 

I know you weren't asking me, but ... they're easy to assemble - no needing to be a genestealer hybrid to assemble them. :smile.: In some ways, the sprue gates are better-placed than on the Storm Eagles (there's a couple of annoying points, like on the thrusters on the Storm Eagles), although getting the heavy bolter turrets out and cleaned up is a little annoying due to the gates being on the end of the barrels and therefore fiddly to clean up.

One thing I will add, is you can get a 1-1.5mm magnet inside the body without doing any filing (you can get a 3mm one in with some filing/sanding), and you can get a 4mm ball bearing inside the turret when you assemble them, which should be them magnetised. ;)

Firedrake Cordova hit the nail on the head.  Both the Raptor and Thunderhawk are easy to assemble.  Nothing too tricky.  Someone made a great video on how to magnetize the Raptor turrets (was that you, Firedrake Cordova?) if you want/need that flexibility.  Since I'm just here for the sweet little plastic models I went ahead and glued my turrets.  Have one with twin HBs and one with the lascannons.  

Someone made a great video on how to magnetize the Raptor turrets (was that you, Firedrake Cordova?) 

It wasn't me, but I did post a link to it here. :) It was made by a chap on YouTube who goes by the (rather apt) channel name of Too Many Metal Men and runs a LGS in Birmingham

Thanks for the replies chaps :thumbsup:  i was simply going to pick the las cannons and glue them in... I'm not really a magnet kinda guy :confused:

So in saying that though, are the las cannons statistically better?... 

Cheers Mithril 

Thanks for the replies chaps :thumbsup:  i was simply going to pick the las cannons and glue them in... I'm not really a magnet kinda guy :confused:

To be honest, neither am I - this just seemed so unbelievably easy, I did it anyway :laugh.:

So in saying that though, are the las cannons statistically better?... 

Just Play Games in Liverpool have done a work-through of them  (it ties in with what I got when I worked through them for myself):

https://justplaygames.uk/blogs/warhammer-40-000/aeronautica-imperialis-weapon-statistics

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

Master Ciaphas-thank you.  You're probably right that the Ravenwing handle a good number of Dark Angel aviation.  Though I do remember that the 8th Company is also trained to make use of bikes and landerspeeders so it may not be too much of a stretch to see them piloting some faster and bigger planes.

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant that you get to much work done! Have you considered painting the squadron leader as a member of the 2nd Company instead of the regular battle companies? That would mark any ace quite clearly too - and still be fluffy?

Cheers!

Master Ciaphas