Inquisitor Erasmus Cartavolnus

Joe

I’d there a resource to find store birthdays that anyone knows of?

Other than calling stores

There’s a list linked in the announcement article.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/01/03/celebrate-this-years-store-anniversaries-with-a-brand-new-inquisitor-and-gutrippa-boss/

Silly me… many thanks

On one hand we have people upset when an anniversary model ends up being yet another space marine, but GW make a more obscure model and instead people are complaining about "wasting" a good Inquisitor sculpt for a model that is difficult to obtain. Game Workshop clearly can't win either way. :teehee:  

It's a nice looking model but I'm still overwhelmed slightly by the new Eldar Guardians.

It's almost as if the two complaints don't have to be mutually exclusive or something.

Maybe they can make a non-Marine model and make it easily obtainable for everybody?

I know, it's a crazy idea... but it just might work.

That's a surprising amount of snark considering my post was framed in jest. Congratulations, you win some internet points I guess.

On one hand we have people upset when an anniversary model ends up being yet another space marine, but GW make a more obscure model and instead people are complaining about "wasting" a good Inquisitor sculpt for a model that is difficult to obtain. Game Workshop clearly can't win either way. :teehee:  

It's a nice looking model but I'm still overwhelmed slightly by the new Eldar Guardians.

It's almost as if the two complaints don't have to be mutually exclusive or something.

Maybe they can make a non-Marine model and make it easily obtainable for everybody?

That's a surprising amount of snark considering my post was framed in jest. Congratulations, you win some internet points I guess.

I didn’t really pick up that it was ‘framed in jest’ either, fwiw

Considering that it read like any other "Games Workshop can't win!" defence-of-GW-posts get made around here and elsewhere unironically, you'll have to excuse me if it was a joke. 

Considering that it read like any other "Games Workshop can't win!" defence-of-GW-posts get made around here and elsewhere unironically, you'll have to excuse me if it was a joke. 

I could have added more than the emoticon to make the post less ambiguous to be honest. 

Having looked at the model more carefully I think I will try and pick it up sometime. Part of me hopes that if we get another Inquisitor we get a model like Witch Hunter Tyrus. He had a fantastic piece of artwork linked to him and he was belligerent enough that I could see him on a 40k battlefield rather than some of the more subtle inquisitors. I think there are enough elements on Erasmus' model that a remake of Tyrus is probably unlikely.

This thing is going to cause a riot. It will do it's job, which is getting people into stores where they are very unlikely to leave with only this chap in their shopping bags.

I have a nice collection of Inquisitors, and I would like to add this guy to it. The local GW is about a 90 minute trek, so it's entirely possible I won't have the time to get one when it's available. If that's the case I'll just move on with my life. I think some people would do well to be a bit less emotionally invested in what this corporation does.

London Tottenham Court Road, available 10 Jan. Normally I'd go for it, but now it involves the Tube in peak plague season. Shame, but I'm avoiding stores for now so will be waiting months until another London store date.

'Snap!'

Hopefully things will improve by the time one of the South London stores comes up or GW will do a promotion later in the year and give some of use who have health issues stopping us going out a chance to get this.

This thing is going to cause a riot. It will do it's job, which is getting people into stores where they are very unlikely to leave with only this chap in their shopping bags.

I have a nice collection of Inquisitors, and I would like to add this guy to it. The local GW is about a 90 minute trek, so it's entirely possible I won't have the time to get one when it's available. If that's the case I'll just move on with my life. I think some people would do well to be a bit less emotionally invested in what this corporation does.

The issue is quite few of us dont have even a store nearby.

If it was a random SM lt. Nobody would care that much.

Since it's actually a mini that was highly requested before, it's normal to be upset that is severely limited.

People emotionally invest on what they want.

I have seen literal riots over football.

Maybe that advice is best served elsewhere.

Edited by Sete

Some of the stores that have 10th January down as their anniversary dates in the warcom article sheet actually have their anniversary on 1st October. 01/10 to 10/01 based error apparently. Both Watford and Tottenham Court Road stores have said this on their Facebook pages.

That's interesting, I wonder if Cambridge is the same, as it says 10 Jan on the sheet but to be honest I thought I remembered it being later in the year.

Some of the stores that have 10th January down as their anniversary dates in the warcom article sheet actually have their anniversary on 1st October. 01/10 to 10/01 based error apparently. Both Watford and Tottenham Court Road stores have said this on their Facebook pages.

Checked a couple German ones that might be an option… none of the 5 I checked seem to be correct…

That's interesting, I wonder if Cambridge is the same, as it says 10 Jan on the sheet but to be honest I thought I remembered it being later in the year.

I'd also be interested to know if Cambridge is correct or not. Was thinking of making a trip this weekend if it is really 10th Jan.

Wish this guy was Ordo Xenos instead. But Malleus is cool. If they ever get around to upscaling Grey Knights, this guy would look cool leading a small force of GK and Scions, the latter in =I= colours with black and red Chimera transports. Damn it stop giving me ideas GW. Will be getting one come my local stores birthday though.

Edited by Captain Smashy Pants

Both Manchester and Chester’s dates are wrong they’re actually April 2nd not feb 4th anyone know a local store in Feb? Also spoke to the nice store guy at Manchester he said they have a stock on the day but then they have a code for made to order and you can order as many as you want so that’s good news Edited by BladeOfVengeance

Both Manchester and Chester’s dates are wrong they’re actually April 2nd not feb 4th anyone know a local store in Feb? Also spoke to the nice store guy at Manchester he said they have a stock on the day but then they have a code for made to order and you can order as many as you want so that’s good news

I was going to say that I remembered them doing that last year, but I forgot to ask the question. Glad that's been answered.

It does mean that if you're not in a hurry to have it at that moment in time (and making the journey isn't too much), you can order some MTO and pick them up later.

…both of which were my two best options, frustratingly.