Dire Wolf Heavy Scout Titan

Joe

Yeah, sadly however, when you compare it to a £44 Asterius, or £32 for 3 Armigers on 25mm bases. It kinda is.

Armigers are now £35, the same as the Dire Wolf.

I've just ordered some of them, and a Dire Wolf. Let's see if it's a good doggo when the terminal arrives!

Edit: looking closely at the all-around pics on the FW site, I think this thing will be a bit more posable than it appears. There are ball joints at the ankle and I think it looks like the backwards knee is posable too. Just the way it's cast looks to me like the upper and lower leg is two pieces. It'll be interesting to see how the pistons on the back of the ankles work.

Edited by Mandragola

Thats about half what i expected, so good on FW for not price gouging for once, because its really hurting AT with so much in bloody resin. Its still a spectacularly flawed kit ofc but the price is less depressing at least :) 

I find this comment about the dull posing on this titan in particular very strange. Does anyone really like the stock poses on any of the Studio titans? The stock poses are IMO garbage on all of the plastic titans, the Warbringer on the box looks like a statue, the studio Iconcoclast is utterly devoid of energy. Yet, it's a big problem for this titan in particular?

The whole point of the stock posed studio builds is to show the bare minimum you can achieve, so that people can't complain (as much) about the box art pose being unachievable for most modellers.

I find this comment about the dull posing on this titan in particular very strange. Does anyone really like the stock poses on any of the Studio titans? The stock poses are IMO garbage on all of the plastic titans, the Warbringer on the box looks like a statue, the studio Iconcoclast is utterly devoid of energy. Yet, it's a big problem for this titan in particular?

The whole point of the stock posed studio builds is to show the bare minimum you can achieve, so that people can't complain (as much) about the box art pose being unachievable for most modellers.

But I know that they are posable if I want to. I’ve no idea how this goes together.

Well like I say, I actually think it's going to be pretty posable. I've had a good look at it now and I'm pretty sure you can see gaps in the knee joints and around the pistons, suggesting that they're separate bits. The foot is clearly on a ball joint too, and there'd be no reason to do that if the leg wasn't flexible. I'm sure we'll be able to have these in walking poses.

That said, basically everything from the waist upward looks fixed. You might be able to swivel the arm guns but the cannon is clearly fixed in place. Overall though, I think it looks pretty cool. A side profile of it looks like quite a light titan, with some armour stripped away to make room for the gun mount, which is perfect.

I do appreciate that people want to wait till they see the rules and more detail on how the kit goes together. I just want to caution you that FW stuff can sometimes sell out fast, at least the first time around. In this case I think it's worth the risk, given that the price is low, but I wouldn't be saying that if it was a £60 kit.

I have to wonder if this will slot into Audax since it's technically a Warhound. I may pick up one or two for my Mortis, but I'm not sure it will slot in with what I usually run.

No PDF rules, which must mean a supplement is coming soon-ish. Announcement at UK Games Expo maybe?

I have to wonder if this will slot into Audax since it's technically a Warhound. I may pick up one or two for my Mortis, but I'm not sure it will slot in with what I usually run.

I'd be surprised if "Audax need more than the Warhound" didn't enter their line of thought when designing it.

No PDF rules, which must mean a supplement is coming soon-ish. Announcement at UK Games Expo maybe?

I'd be surprised if "Audax need more than the Warhound" didn't enter their line of thought when designing it.

Audax's rule is that they can only have titans of scale 6 or less, not that they can only have Warhounds. Previously of course, that has meant the same thing, but they can certainly now have this scale 6 Dire Wolf.

A Solaria Dire Wolf can have Cameleoline as that specifies scale 6 and under as well. However, They can't sub them into maniples, as that rule works only for warhounds - unless they actually count as warhounds for this kind of thing... which I doubt.

More than wanting to see the terminal (which I expect will be very like a Warhound's) I really want to see the rules for how we actually take these things in (or outside of) maniples.

These were always intended to come out and fill the obvious hole in Audax and the like, all the currently unknown titans were apparently hashed out during ATs playtesting, though plenty of time to tweak them I suspect a slightly heavier warhound with td gun was always the plan.

Ok goonhammer have the rules for the thing. Check out their article: https://www.goonhammer.com/warlord-wednesdays-dire-wolf-review-adeptus-titanicus-tactics/

It’s quite interesting in that it replaces an optional warhound in a maniple and then counts as one, so for example it could share shields with a warlord in a Regia maniple 220 points before weapons, so 265 with the neutron laser and arm guns.

Otherwise it’s a slightly slower, very slightly tougher warhound with a marginally better reactor and three clades. It also infiltrates, which is weird but cool.

Two fun ways to run it are probably to either use a Regia to keep it alive or a Ferrox to infiltrate close and shut things down, somewhat reliably with extra strength. You might also run it in a Principia maniple, which would let you get it on first fire on a 2+. That’s only the start of what you can do though and it’ll be interesting to see what People come up with.

thinking of grabbing one w/ neutron laser to run in an Arcus maniple - the infiltrate will really help maximise the spotting potential for the reduced Warbringer scatter and hopefully the neutron laser can knock down some shields early so the Warbringer can start cracking armour 

Edited by Iron Hands Fanatic

The neutron laser dire wolf is now sold out in the UK. That’s kind of good as it demonstrates demand for the thing, but a shame for anyone who’s missed out. This actually happened for the warlord volkite when it went on preorder and they made more, so keep an eye out on the shop if you still want one.

Edited by Mandragola

The neutron laser dire wolf is now sold out in the UK. That’s kind of good as it demonstrates demand for the thing, but a shame for anyone who’s missed out. This actually happened for the warlord volkite when it went on preorder and they made more, so keep an eye out on the shop if you still want one.

It’s now showing as Temporarily out of stock rather than sold out so that good then.

I’m getting one once they’re back.

Cheers

Vogon

Yeah I wasn’t sure I was gonna get one but seeing more photos of peoples it’s actually grown on me quite a lot. I’ll probably pick one up when it comes back in stock.