Necromunda: Ash Wastes

Joe

HeO3wq3lgsIp7Yo0.jpg

Following on from the announcement last week, a small overview article on the update - described as "the biggest thing to happen to Necromunda since the 2017 relaunch." The expansion will launch with "a massive new boxed set", followed soon after by "a whole series of books" exploring the various factions.

Unfortunately, no further information on the actual box itself - presumably, a full reveal isn't due out until AdeptiCon at this point. I do hope they use this as an opportunity to consolidate a lot of the rules into a revamped core book, however, as there's a serious rules bloat right now.

Unfortunately, no further information on the actual box itself - presumably, a full reveal isn't due out until AdeptiCon at this point. I do hope they use this as an opportunity to consolidate a lot of the rules into a revamped core book, however, as there's a serious rules bloat right now.

I've occasionally considered getting in to Necromunda but the sheer amount of books is extremely off-putting, so them bringing some of that content together could be a winner for me if it happens, especially as I like the Mad-Max vibe I got from the Ash Wastes trailer.

I've occasionally considered getting in to Necromunda but the sheer amount of books is extremely off-putting, so them bringing some of that content together could be a winner for me if it happens, especially as I like the Mad-Max vibe I got from the Ash Wastes trailer.

There is a consolidated document floating around the internet. It's pretty massive. It might benefit GW if they made something similar.

Our group has been spitballing a Necromunda campaign weekend for a while, im pretty confident Ash wastes will be the decider on that happening, especially as my main fellow instigator has been making various Gorkamorka mods for years (I was quite keen to see his Warcry version finished...). 

I do hope the opening book is a broad church with vehicles for everyone and stats for the existing 40k civilian vehicles (Mostly from GSC) to maximise that initial uptake rather than drawing things out so you cant play properly until the last book is done! Especially as i run a cult mainly and they will definitely be last to get addressed otherwise! 

Does look like Orlocks V Nomads in the animatic, so probably the box gangs?

Does look like Orlocks V Nomads in the animatic, so probably the box gangs?

Sounds reasonable; Orlocks should be a shoo-in, considering their new fluff about venturing into the ash wastes and the Nomads are the iconic ash waste gang.

There's lots of potential for a "The Hills Have Eyes"-style mutant/cult gang too!

Sounds interesting, but I don't like the sounds of "a whole series of books" - Necromunda suffers from there being too many books as it is (if you want the complete rules, you'll need 11 books). Yes, they're great from a background point of view, but it's a massive financial investment, and it takes up a hell of a lot of space (if you're not buying the digital versions).

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

SO.... HYPED...

Cant put into words how jacked I am for this... Im so happy I wanna fight the world. 

+++EDIT+++

Am worried about price and the scenery inside, wont be happy if its overpriced plastic sand dunes, other than that I have no worries about this. 'Munda is my all time fave GW game/setting and Gorkamorka was hella fun, this is the most I have been hyped by GW since the original 'Munda release when I was a kid. C'mon GW I know you can do this, please dont let me down. 

Edited by Slave to Darkness

I notice the truck / land train is also in the artwork posted in the article today, so reckon that pretty much confirms it's in the big starter set.

They gotta do a mission with that on rolling scenery, get that Mad Max 2/Fury Road war rig chase reference in there, would be rude if they didnt. 

I notice the truck / land train is also in the artwork posted in the article today, so reckon that pretty much confirms it's in the big starter set.

They gotta do a mission with that on rolling scenery, get that Mad Max 2/Fury Road war rig chase reference in there, would be rude if they didnt. 

The Necromunda team do love excessive scenarios, thats got to be a given?  :D 

The Best one ive ever played was the one from the Orks v Elysian IA, where some of the random pop up terrain was angry infantry units taking pot shots :) 

The Best one ive ever played was the one from the Orks v Elysian IA, where some of the random pop up terrain was angry infantry units taking pot shots :smile.:

Random pop up units sounds fun, I may try adding that to more games of 40k and see what happens.