Initial 1st April 2022 reveal, new lore & articles discussion

Joe

I'd be surprised if it was Battlefleet Gothic, as FW were quite clear they couldn't really take it on board a few years back even though they wanted to. Considering how much they are currently working on I'd say it's even less likely now.

Probably the latest re-release of Space Hulk, which is cool and all, but I got it first, second and either third or fourth time around, so I don't really need it again.

It could be Battlefleet: SOMETHING* or Killteam: IN SPPAAAACCCEE again.

Rik

*Guessing not Gothic as it wouldn't be the Gothic Sector

Though spacehulk is likely, what's weird is that the docking denied console seems to get overridden. That doesn't feel very spacehulky to me. They are giant conglomerations of rubbish, not something that actively overrides monitoring devices and docks with a station. 

Alpha legion release?

Blackstone Fortress gets my vote, bottom left looks like a (treasure) map and is definitely a non-armoured hand

It'd be interesting if so - the last expansion for that released quite some time ago, and they flagged at the time that there were no future developments planned for BSF.

Blackstone Fortress gets my vote, bottom left looks like a (treasure) map and is definitely a non-armoured hand

I considered BSF but was sure GW said it was done.

Obviously that doesn't mean it's impossible to ever do anything with it ever again but it made me discount it as an option.

I would dig on BFG, but I'm trying to be conservative with cash, and there's still a ton of 40k I want.

Space Hulk could be excellent, but they'd need to give me something I didn't get last time around; if the puzzle pieces are compatible with the last set, that helps, but model-wise I need something...

BSF/ new 40k Warhammer Quest game is my preference- something built around the Inquisition would be perfect. This is what has been missing from 9th- a way to filter weird off-beat models into 40k. With the capacity for Crusade and Combat Patrol sized games, it would work even better in 9th than it did in 8th. 

As for the comment about BFG Heresy: I don't begrudge Heresy era enthusiasts- y'all have every right to enjoy your games as much as I do.

But any and every game set in the Heresy era is a GIANT MIDDLE FINGER to Sisters, Tyranids and Tau, and current Heresy era lines haven't been particularly friendly to Orks or Eldar either. GW has a Horus Heresy game... That's great, they're obligated to follow through and they should. But creating NEW games that auto-exclude a whole lot of factions is not a good choice, and it is something that I would not advocate for the company. 

Edited by ThePenitentOne

On the mention of Blackstone Fortress, it's worth being clear that Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress may very well be a "finished product" as far as GW are concerned. BUT that doesn't mean we couldn't get Warhammer Quest: SOMETHING NEW AND SHINY.

WQ:BSF seems to have been pretty popular and so does WQ: Cursed City, I'd be amazed if they've not been working on the next one.

Rik

On the mention of Blackstone Fortress, it's worth being clear that Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress may very well be a "finished product" as far as GW are concerned. BUT that doesn't mean we couldn't get Warhammer Quest: SOMETHING NEW AND SHINY.

WQ:BSF seems to have been pretty popular and so does WQ: Cursed City, I'd be amazed if they've not been working on the next one.

Rik

Cursed City is coming back later this year with expansions. I don’t see a new 40k one in the same year, and I don’t see this being something really far off, so WH Quest is pretty unlikely.

It'd be interesting if so - the last expansion for that released quite some time ago, and they flagged at the time that there were no future developments planned for BSF.

There's still a number of unresolved rumour engine shots that could be in a "BSF" esque setting (a ragtag group search a ship). While they might be done with "Blackstone Fortress", there's a chance they might carry that game design forward with another setting: A Space Hulk. It gives way more possibilites for random Xenos, allies etc than another Blackstone Fortress (in my opinion).

We've still yet to see:

ouQxf96fVBAWlAMh.jpg

GzeMcrsQ0j7DimP0.jpg

NtrZMEhqtjm8ooOk.jpg

qlFJbHSl2yDyNTF6.jpg

G0AFzGqeq7H5BoIf.jpg

IsZu487UA9lTJcXp.jpg

owrD5GvIT6Q3GCwd.jpg

I've deliberately left out Chaos looking REs as we know they've got a new wave inbound. There's a few flavours of Xenos in there ('Crons, 'Nids and DE). There's also plenty of Human looking tech too. A weird amalgam of ships allows for exploration of different Xenos races as well as mercenaries, Imperials etc.

Or I've lost my mind and it's just a Marine Vs 'stealer rehash Space Hulk :sweat:

There will be a new 40k Warhammer quest, but I'd imagine we have at least 12 months of Cursed City expansions to come first.

I get Inquisition vibes from that video, maybe that's the next kill team box. Should be due in 3 months, am I right?

I'm thinking killteam too. Or chaos cultists/traitor guard

A 40k warhammer quest is not due

Its not BFG

And if its not Spacehulk

...Squats..? :D

...seriously though, there was that bit of background text in one of the Psychic Awakening books where someone spots a Squat vessel (perhaps that ties in with the 'incoming vessel' bit of the tease); they're also heavily rumoured for a release, maybe in the next year...

So maybe GW are gearing up to do a reveal???

Rik

Cursed City is coming back later this year with expansions. I don’t see a new 40k one in the same year, and I don’t see this being something really far off, so WH Quest is pretty unlikely.

Hard disagree there I'm afraid, it's perfect for them....

• Q2.... Warhammer Quest 40k New Thing
  • Q3 & Q4.... Cursed City Expansions
  • Q1 & Q2.... New Thing expansions

Rik