Space Wolves Joytoy - Iron Priest out

Wispy

They look good!  Yeah agreed that the wolf heads don't look great, they typically don't appear nearly wide enough to fit a head inside and be thick with armour and comms gear.

I am surprised to see the double handed chainsword user wielding the pistol and the single handed axe user without.  But the variety of the weapons make this a no brainer for SW fans!

No version of the wolf heads have ever looked good. Everything else is just fine. Don’t see why folks keep trying to make the wolf heads work, when regular helmets or even bare heads look just right.

I really like these. They’ve nailed the colours and the faces look great. The fade and shade of the armour looks good. The hair is really natural looking. I’d really like to pick these up. 

stupid question but are these a kit? Or does GW sell them like the macfarlane toys?

I really like these. They’ve nailed the colours and the faces look great. The fade and shade of the armour looks good. The hair is really natural looking. I’d really like to pick these up. 

stupid question but are these a kit? Or does GW sell them like the macfarlane toys?

yeah they're sold in sets. 

edit: maybe not anymore, looks like the blood angels are being sold individually. 

Edited by Wispy

I can see me going broke trying to get a set of these, they do look so good, all the decent weapons (old and new) and a decent paint job.  Anyone seen a release date?

On a side note I am kinda miffed that getting hold of any of the Warhammer Joytoy stuff is a major hassle in the UK as GW don't sell them like they did the first round.  You have to buy direct from China or the US. 

I don’t know, I’m on the dislike train with these - what these are really doing for me is accentuating just how thick the hafts of hero-scaled weaponry are and how silly it looks upscaling them - those weapons are about 1/3rd too thick in diameter it looks like.  They really should have altered the thickness of the weapon hafts at least.

I do think it’s cool that the pack marking they chose is almost identical to the marking I used for my original Bloodclaws pack, though my central spike is much more pronounced than these are - we (me and the paint designers) probably took our inspiration from a similar point of origin.

I just don't have enough plastic in my life, so I bought all 4.  Still a bit miffed in the change in price, I bought the 1st wave of Vanguard Infiltrators from GW and it was £85, just paid £113.96 for the Wolves.

I just don't have enough plastic in my life, so I bought all 4.  Still a bit miffed in the change in price, I bought the 1st wave of Vanguard Infiltrators from GW and it was £85, just paid £113.96 for the Wolves.

i bought 8 because these look much better than the first round they did with the Space Wolves Intercessors they did. Figure I can mix and match parts with the Intercessors I already have to make a cooler looking group. I have the Invictor as well, which I'm very happy with.

I'm not a toy collector at all, but as a big Space Wolves fanboy and this is a great product to pose and have fun with. And with the baby coming, it lets me collect Space Wolves without having to paint them.

Yeah not a massive fan of the wolf skull, reminds me too much of the Skesis from The Dark Crystal.  I think is fair to assume that Joytoy have access to all the digital files for the current GW range, so bring on some TWC and Ragnar.

I guess I'm in the minority on this one. I actually like the Bladeguard. I think just the model itself I like a lot. I think GW did a good job with it. So I like that this isn't over the top 'wolfy'. 

I do like the backpack, and the personal heraldry. The aquila could have benefited from even the 'wolf stone' in the middle, but I really like the pelt/cape and that back pack piece. The shield colours are actually not what I would have picked, but they work nicely.

My only real change request would be the head. Just the option for one of those bare heads the Intercessors have would have made this really good for me.

I have deferred on the dread/Redemptor. I don't know why it just looks almost too much like I'm looking at a Redemptor model without a lot going on there. But then I've always been drawn to the personality of infantry over vehicles.