[EVENT] Royal Awakening & A Bug's Life Painting Challenges

Posted (edited)

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_17425/gallery_48988_17425_676565.png

ROYAL AWAKENING & A BUG'S LIFE

May 23rd - August 22nd 2022

This is the official announcement of not one, but TWO Xenos painting events: A Bug's Life and Royal awakening, which will occur over the next 3 months from May 23rd until August 22nd.

Both events have run before, but this year, they're running together, an against one another! The side with the highest power level of completed vows wins and gets bragging rights. 

This is purely a fun event, with the end reward being more lovely painted models for you to enjoy on the table, with shout-outs to anyone performing spectacularly!

I will be leading the Tyranids A Bug's Life challenge, while Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch will be leading the Necrons Royal Awakening.Visit the Faction specific hubs for more information and to join in by making your vows:

Tyranids: A Bug's Life Headquarters 

Necrons: Royal Awakening Headquarters

FORMAT 
Anyone who has entered B&C painting events before will be familiar with the format:

1. In the respective topics, make a vow in a post to commit to painting the models you wish to, and share a photo(s) of the unpainted model(s) you wish to paint, along with their name and power level.
  2. Before the end of the event, share a photo of your painted model, finished to Battle Ready Standard, as defined by GW on the previous link. Basically, that's all parts painted with: Base, shade paint, then technical on the base. If you haven't decided on a basing scheme yet, don't worry, but obviously based models look better! 

If you like, models can be cross-entered into other events such as Grotsmasha's Monthly Painting Challenge, so you can get extra kudos and share your work with those outside the respective Section. 

TIMING 
The event will run for three months from Monday 23rd May until Midnight GMT Monday 22nd August (3 calendar months), after which we'll have a showcase and a tot up of who's managed to paint the most in that time! The 'active' month will reset on the first Monday near the 22nd.

PLEDGES 

We'll each pledge to paint at least one model to be painted over the course of the event, but your vow can be as small or large as you like. You get 4 repeat vows to play with, for 5 in total. 

Your vow can be as simple or ornate as you like, e.g.:

I, Xenith, Commander of the Hive, pledge to paint a unit of three Biovores to the value of 6PL or ~150 points before the 22nd August 2022.

Accompany that text with a picture of the vowed models, and you're good to go! If you like, post WIP photos in this thread, or start your own WIP log in the Tyranids or Necrons section to track your progress.

SOCIAL

We'll also be sharing your work on social media - if you have an IG account, use the #bolterandchainsword, #ABugsLife and #RoyalAwakening hashtags and you might see your models featured on the B&C accounts - make sure to follow @bolter.and.chainsword

BADGE 

In honour of your taking part, there are signature badges which all entrants can proudly display to show your allegiance (and to promote the competition). Futher badges will be awarded based on level of participation and completion, and will be presented at the end of the event. 

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_17425/gallery_48988_17425_25905.png http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_17425/gallery_48988_17425_31797.jpg

SUMMARY 

• Make a vow in the appropriate faction topic stating what you want to paint, with a photo and point values.
  • Paint the models.
  • Share photos of the painted models in that thread before the 22nd August.
  • Repeat steps 1-3 until you've done it 5 times, or until the 22nd August!
Edited by Xenith

Thank you so much for bringing Bug's Life back. I missed it last time- I pledged, but did not complete a model.

So far this year, However, I have not missed a pledge, so when we hit the gas on this, you can bet I'm not going to miss it this time. I even had plans to paint some 'Stealers, so this works out perfectly. Just have to get a few more Drukhari out of the way before I dive in.

Posted (edited)

Oh Lord....you've both given motivation the paint my burgeoning Necrons and ruined my current paint schedule

Just as planned...:devil:

Thank you so much for bringing Bug's Life back. I missed it last time- I pledged, but did not complete a model.

So far this year, However, I have not missed a pledge, so when we hit the gas on this, you can bet I'm not going to miss it this time. I even had plans to paint some 'Stealers, so this works out perfectly. Just have to get a few more Drukhari out of the way before I dive in.

Will be good to have you on board - the official start is next Monday, however you can vow at any point until the 22nd August. just remember incomplete vows dont count. 

Edited by Xenith

Oh wow, has it been a year already?!

The last Bug's Life event finally got my pile-o-shame Tyranids painted after having been sat in a drawer since 2014 so you have my enduring thanks for that. Sadly it means I've got no Tyranid or Cult models in need of painting so it looks like I'll be joining the shambling Necron masses!

Will the Necron badge be differentiable from previous years? Is a bit odd the Tyranid side has some differentiable markers, but the Necron side does not, especially if competing.

The Necrons will have bespoke 2022 badges for completions - I think I may have used the wrong badge in this post, will check and update.

Posted (edited)

And we're off!

A Bug's Life and Royal Awakening 2022 have officially opened, and we'll be furiosly painting bugs and skeletons for the next three months! If you have either army and are looking for some motivation on getting them painted, or just want to see other peoples models and support your frater, head on over to the respective HQ's in each Xenos faction area of the site

Necrons

Tyranids

------------------------

I've also updated the Necron badge in th first post - more badges for participation and completions are available, just check the respective topic. 

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch
updated link