Imperial Guard new kits rumors

From a source known by a guy, seen through a scope, via wire...anyway Auspex Tactics is reporting this: (liberally apply salt)

New Castellan of Cadia (Creed? Creed 2.0? Creed Jr?)

- longer hair (maybe), no scar

- same greatcoat

- dual holstered pistols

- rod of office in left hand

- large icon on back, reads CADIA

- big built up base with ruined city bits

Kasrkin Squad

- 10 model squad

- Based black to look spec ops, could be KT release

- some full helmets, some half helmets, look VERY similar to current kasrkin

- long chunky lasguns with power cords

- plasma pistol, flamer, vox for sure are options

Sentinel

- armored and scout versions

- significantly bigger

- more rounded edges, like more Mars vs Lucius

- plasma cannon, hunter killer missile, huge searchlight

Commissar

- Shadowy and brooding

- right half wrapped in cloak

- left hand has a bolt pistol

Heavy Weapons squad

- similar to now, possibly higher platforms

- spotted: autocannon, heavy bolter, big blur, shoulder mounted missile launcher

- vox capable

New Officer

- not much to say, just looks different than others

All Cadian flavored.

Im down for all these updates and if these rumors regarding the Sentinels pan out then I think its a good way to update a kit that still kicks ass, just two different styles that can live with each other side by side, I do hope they give the new kit an option for Drop Sentinels. Cant wait to see this new line, after the Black Templar update this is by far the most exciting for me. 

Kasrkin Squad

- 10 model squad

- Based black to look spec ops, could be KT release

- some full helmets, some half helmets, look VERY similar to current kasrkin

- long chunky lasguns with power cords

- plasma pistol, flamer, vox for sure are options

Fingers crossed. Don’t screw this up GW

Mordian Glory gave a heads up about this. Im inclined to take his word for it as hes not the type of guy to spew random things in his vids just to create content for content sake.

Seems it wasnt such a bad idea to make some Vostroyan deathriders in the past. Rule of cool seems to turn into a unit I can actually field.

Main interest is the new upcoming tank, moreso the dimensions of said tank as ive started to phase out GW vehicles for Mortian tanks cuz those tanks look a lot better imo (same width and height but roughly 50% longer)

Most leaked infantry models are sadly of no interest to me considering I opted to pick up 130 Vostroyans rather then Cadians. There also alrdy are a ton of different commisar models so dont rlly get it why were gonna have another one (they recently removed the female one right) Would have rather seen something different, like a servitor unit that synergizes with vehichles somehow.

Ooh joy for me and my mates, not so much for slave to darkness… (sorry bud) :-(

Kasrkin sounds exciting, new sentinel (as mentioned it’s still a great model but extra love is welcome )

Mithril

Ahh its all good, Krieg are getting some love and thats made me happy. I dont mind Cadians, they are just a bit to 'Ultramariney' for me (as in they are everywhere) and there isnt enough shovels or gasmasks. Glad Guard is getting some toys though, even you glory boy Cadian wimps deserve some attention. :lol:

Curious to see the new 'Creed' though, always liked the old model and I hope his replacement is suitable for someone of such awesomeness.

Hope Kasrkin won't be Cadian exclusive unit as I see myself as an intellectual and play the mighty Steel Legion... Though the models I think fit to any regiment. It's not like spec ops have to look the same as the rest of the regiment...

Mordian Glory did say that the rough riders suppossedly look like the Attilans but I hope that a simple headswap will suffice.

Hope Kasrkin won't be Cadian exclusive unit as I see myself as an intellectual and play the mighty Steel Legion... Though the models I think fit to any regiment. It's not like spec ops have to look the same as the rest of the regiment...

Mordian Glory did say that the rough riders suppossedly look like the Attilans but I hope that a simple headswap will suffice.

Arent kasrkin literally a cadian unique thing? Imperium generic ones would be tempestus scions?

The only thing I care about is the sentinel legs. Please be posable.

Auspex description: sentinel legs are more rounded, dreadnaught like but still chicken.

So dreadnaught meets armiger.

Cockpit is more on top of legs instead of Infront.

Armor on sentinel looks more advanced, rounded, but fits in well with line.

I dont like the idea of long haired bossman, particularly if its Creed or similar level officer....just because the planet broke, doesnt mean the Astra Militarum will let standards slip!

I had heard elsewhere about new kasrkin, and the cadian killteam/veterans box in the similar format of the kreig box, and a lot of these points are similar to CMValraks leak, so keeping fingers crossed these all come true.

I dont like the idea of long haired bossman, particularly if its Creed or similar level officer....just because the planet broke, doesnt mean the Astra Militarum will let standards slip!

I had heard elsewhere about new kasrkin, and the cadian killteam/veterans box in the similar format of the kreig box, and a lot of these points are similar to CMValraks leak, so keeping fingers crossed these all come true.

In this case it's OK, because the new Castellan is female. ;) Supposedly Creed's daughter....

Sentinel

- armored and scout versions

- significantly bigger

- more rounded edges, like more Mars vs Lucius

- plasma cannon, hunter killer missile, huge searchlight

Why in the name of the Emperor do we need a new Sentinel? I've built one of those kits and it's still a perfectly good kit. It looks good, has all the options it needs and has really good engineering. Not to mention it really doesn't need to be any bigger, it's a recon walker/walking Universal Carrier, not a combat monster. If it's a new and separate unit then fine, but if this is a plan to render existing Sentinels "obsolete" then that's kinda lame.

Why in the name of the Emperor do we need a new line of Marines? I've built one of those kits and it's still a perfectly good kit. It looks good, has all the options it needs and has really good engineering. Not to mention it really doesn't need to be any bigger, it's already a transhuman combat monster. If it's a new and separate unit then fine, but if this is a plan to render existing marines "obsolete" then that's kinda lame.

Your question is the answer.

We've seen this "solution" before, on a much larger scale.

Need to sell more of a thing, release a new bigger version, with extra dakka.

Not really the same, primaris are a different unit (or series of units) and this is presumably a new kit for the same unit. It's odd because there are some very old kits floating around out there which could really do with an update, while the sentinel is relatively modern and still looks very good. I wonder if they're redesigning it to make it more IP distinct, so it looks more obviously like a Warhammer vehicle and a bit less like a chicken walker.

New heavy weapons sound really interesting. Really, I'm down for any Guard release I can theoretically get hold of and renegade-ize in the future.

Also I absolutely love the metal Kasrkin, seeing those designs in plastic would rock.