The Royal Awakening 2022: Prepare for Battle!

2 Flayed Ones are done now, I'm pretty sure I'll have them and the warriors done by the end of the week.

Also: great progress everyone! Seems like the challenge is going well for most, if not all of us. :)

Well, great to be Back (had log in problems but Admin has fixed it all, yay for Admin!! :thumbsup:)

I managed to get all my vow stuff together and finally it's Undercoated (it's winter here so had to wait for a good day to spray undercoat) ,

I better hustle now and start painting !! Glad to see some others were busy during the boards dark side of the moon phase... :tongue:

@Grotsmasha ... The Silent King as well :eek: , I don't think I'll be catching you on points...I might not even have enough Necron models to even catch up!! 

Mithril

18 hours ago, mithrilforge said:

@Grotsmasha ... The Silent King as well :eek: , I don't think I'll be catching you on points...I might not even have enough Necron models to even catch up!! 

So, on that note, I also need to add another 2 Plasmancers, and 5 Lychguard, apparently points changes and an inability/impracticality to run the 3 Shards and the Silent King all at once. 

Edited by Grotsmasha

Plasmancers? I have to question what's going on in your patron's head, because Plasmancers are certainly not the meta cryptek choice at the moment. I do hope you're being paid handsomely for all these modifications! 

2 hours ago, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch said:

Plasmancers? I have to question what's going on in your patron's head, because Plasmancers are certainly not the meta cryptek choice at the moment. I do hope you're being paid handsomely for all these modifications! 

An extra $100 for my troubles and the list no longer requires Imotekh, so he's mine to keep too :biggrin:

Good stuff!

If not too late, I, StormbolterAndChainfist, vow to finish the following:

Vow 1:

• A unit of 3 Skorpekh Destroyers for a total of 4PL

I plan to paint everything matching my current color scheme: http://bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/316186-color_scheme/

Progress:

Keep up the painting :thumbsup:

Edited by StormbolterAndChainfist

And done. 

I  have a hard time linking to my gallery, so I just upload them from the laptop. I'd probably need to read the instructions again... :ermm:

I've added the models I already had in more or less the same colourscheme. So these are my Blue Crons. 

Next vow will be either The Deciever (need a new 1 mm drill for that), 10 more warriors, or 9 skorpekh destroyers. Ot that hexmark model with the pistols. 

IMG_20220703_000936910.jpg

Edited by JaM_naf#6121

large.4FAEBC52-D442-4712-A4D2-AE7B953FCA27.jpeg.e437452bec591ed30bdc66263660987e.jpeg

Still have to finish my scarabs and then base everyone, but most of my second pledge is complete. Hopefully have the scarabs and bases done before vacation, but probably having to wait 2 weeks to actually complete

On 7/2/2022 at 4:59 AM, Grotsmasha said:

The request was made for all 3 Plasmancers to not be identical, so excuse the potato pics, but here are the two additional converted Plasmancers ready for paint

I love the conversions. Having just finished painting a Plasmancer, I think they are very cool models

5 hours ago, mithrilforge said:

Cool work Sitnam,

whats the Blue ?... I would say Thunderhawk but it looks too dark for that???..

love those Murder Buckets :wub:

Mithril

Thank you! It's Ahriman blue, shaded with Agrax Earthshade, then the blue is brought back out a bit with Ahriman blue, and then highlighted with Temple Guard blue.

It's based off this Duncan tutorial. I do a few things, like the glowing green parts, a bit differently. 

26 minutes ago, Brother Argent said:

I think I may have posted this in the wrong event thread

I had noticed but I honestly wasn't sure yet which was the right thread lol. Even though the photos is bad, I can tell those Necrons look great. Sick work on the Skorpekh blades

@sitnam - Ok i see now ,Ahriman is a nice colour choice ,and also if it's a duncan colour choice = :cool:  ++EDIT++ I just watched the Duncan tutorial... basilicanum grey works well over Silver metal :thumbsup: thanks for posting the Link !!

@Brother Argent - That's a nice Bone Cron scheme.

Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

This is a bit potato cam, but the clear coat is still too tacky to put in the light box for better shots.

20220710_114915.thumb.jpg.d67ecf6961d67629b5d64b90420020ce.jpg

So out of my pledge, i've colored green the parts that are finished:

Overlord [6 PL]
Skorpekh Lord [7 PL]
5 Immortals with Gauss Blasters [4 PL]
5 Immortals with Gauss Blasters [4 PL]

10 Necron Warriors with Gauss Reapers [6 PL]
3 Skorpekh Destroyers [4 PL]
+ 1 Plasmacyte [1 PL]

3 Canoptek Scarab Swarms [2 PL]
3 Ophydian Destroyers [4 PL]
+ 1 Plasmacyte [1 PL]
3 Tomb Blades [4 PL]
Doom Scythe [9 PL]

++ Total: [52 PL] ++

Build and undercoated/painted a Skorpekh Lord, 3 Skorpekh Destroyers, another Plasmacyte and 10 Warriors with Gauss Reapers. 

Hope to get them painted this week, depending on the heat/dryness. It seems that "summer is coming" over here... :ermm:

IMG_20220708_220518990.jpg

IMG_20220709_004348297.jpg

Edited by JaM_naf#6121

Progress!

Managed to block in the base colors for my Skorpekh destroyers over the last week (yes, I'm a slow painter).

The last few days I managed to do the highlights. There is always more detail work that could be done but I'm happy with how they turned out and consider the unit finished. As you can tell I've chosen a color scheme that maximizes the usage of the leadbelcher base coat. Mostly because I'm lazy and want to get a small army done but also those "silver" Necrons take me back 20 years(!!!) to 3rd edition. The leadbelcher was washed with Nuln Oil and highlighted with Stormhost Silver. The blades are basecoated with Sotek Green, washed with Drakenhof Nightshade and highlighted in two steps with Sotek Green again and then Lothern Blue.