[DW] The Desolation of Innocence (RPG OOC Thread)

Mazer Rackham

Quick question as I'm not sure I've done it right... Sound Constitution is 500XP from the Rank 1 Advances. What does the (x2) next to it mean?

Is it 2 extra Wounds for the 500XP?

Or does it mean the 500XP is for 1 extra Wound, but you can buy it twice at that level? (so 1000XP for 2 extra Wounds)

I've done it the second way, but now I'm not sure...

Ah ok, I thought for a minute it was saying Sound Constitution (×2) costs 500XP, so you're getting 2 extra Wounds?

(And if you took it again from the Rank 2 box, that time it's Sound Constitution (×2) for 1000XP, so your total SC would be (4) for 4 extra Wounds and would have cost you 1500XP in total?)

I.e. in which case, when it's talking about taking it multiple times, it's referring to the different boxes you could take it from rather than the number in brackets?

But it's not that, then?

Edited by Lysimachus

Let me see if I can find the page where it is explained...

From Deathwatch Core Rules, p. 58:

"Certain Talent Advances have a multiplier listed after their name (x2, x3, etc.). Advances with a multiplier may be purchased multiple times at that Rank, up to a maximum number of times equal to the multiplier. However, this rule does not apply to Advances that are Traits. Instead, the multiplier for a Trait that is also an Advance is usually an indication that the Trait is an Unnatural Characteristic (see page 136 for details)."

Edited by Necronaut

I've been perusing the chargen sheets, and must compliment the players for their completion so far.  Thanks to AT for annotating his, very helpful, and some very interesting ideas have cropped up during discussion.

It appears we are almost ready.

I haven't begun plotting out missions yet (beyond mission 1) or fiddling with map tools, but there's time.

I think we're going offline on Thursday, and all the emails work, so we can keep in touch.

Good luck gentlemen, we're all going to get bloody on this one.

I've been perusing the chargen sheets, and must compliment the players for their completion so far.  Thanks to AT for annotating his, very helpful..

I was tempted to annotate the horizontal jump box.

By the letter of the rules the character can make a full action move of 10m, or a full action leap of 18m+. So deathwatch is clearly based on the old half-life engine where bunny hopping allows you to build up extra speed :tongue.:

• 4 weeks later...

Alright crew,

The long dark has finally ended, so while we recoup our will and wargear, this is just a PSA to announce DW: Spess Hoolk will commence boarding operations early July.

Gird thy loins, for thy jeans are to be thieved by xenos cutpurses!

15 minutes ago, Machine God said:

New Avatar!

Indeed! Thought I'd spruce the old mug up a bit ;)

2 minutes ago, Necronaut said:

I, for one, am looking forward to our squad of terminator brethren being turned into swiss cheese!

Swiss Cheese?! I like your optimism! :HS:

I don't know if we are quite there yet, but further to Philemon's IC efforts to keep the peace(!) I'd probably throw his name in the ring for squad Leader? He's a Devastator (I don't know if we have any Tacs?) but he's also an Ultramarine (Successor) with Command+20. I think he'd give us a total of 11* Cohesion, which is pretty good?

*That's before adding or subtracting CP based on other characters' equipment, Armour History, etc.

Lead by Example ('The Path of the Righteous' among the Emperor's Blade!) is also a very useful Squad Mode, at our current Rank it would add a +8 modifier (Fel Bonus x2) to every single test anyone makes, and 1 reroll per Round that Philemon can hand out to whoever needs it most?

2 hours ago, Lysimachus said:

*That's before adding or subtracting CP based on other characters' equipment, Armour History, etc.

Nergüi will add 2 Cohesion (one from Fearsome Presence and one from his armour history).

Edit: The New default font dose something wired with Nergüi name’s dot alignment.

Edited by Trokair

2 hours ago, Lysimachus said:

I don't know if we are quite there yet, but further to Philemon's IC efforts to keep the peace(!) I'd probably throw his name in the ring for squad Leader? He's a Devastator (I don't know if we have any Tacs?) but he's also an Ultramarine (Successor) with Command+20. I think he'd give us a total of 11* Cohesion, which is pretty good?

Lead by Example ('The Path of the Righteous' among the Emperor's Blade!) is also a very useful Squad Mode, at our current Rank it would add a +8 modifier (Fel Bonus x2) to every single test anyone makes, and 1 reroll per Round that Philemon can hand out to whoever needs it most?

But we lose the Apothecary.

9 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

We can start the KT Leader selection, it moves things along quite organically, plus a burst of Hine Ma Tov has pacified the savage scorpion after that vicious and unwarranted burn Arcturion laid down.

I apologize for nothing. 

Edited by Necronaut

9 hours ago, Lysimachus said:

The only tac marine created thus far is Gerhardt, but I'm piloting Arcturion for this outing (obviously) and Gerhardt is... a special case.