[DW] The Desolation of Innocence (RPG OOC Thread)

Mazer Rackham

8 minutes ago, Machine God said:

:RTBBB: Specifically the DW Rulebook, P164 for Terminator Compatible Weapons.

The only thing like near to Grenades is the Cyclone Missile Launcher, but I think that MR made all the Big Guns to be for Devastator's Only.

Correct.

That was mainly to encourage Devs and keep them a competitive choice. Tacs get access to a range of Combi-kit and CCW gear that Dev's can't get, since Devs can ONLY take Big Guns (and a few choice choppies).

EDIT: Is that map working for everyone now?

Edited by Mazer Rackham

3 minutes ago, Machine God said:

Yes the map is working now.

I thought that the TH + SS combo and paired LC's was to be Assault Marine specific, though the Tac's getting Combi-Weapons is good.

Good! :thumbsup:

Yes, that is also correct, I was referring to power weapons, axes, mauls, chainfist, powerfist, that kind of thing.

Thanks for the clarification(s), gents! I feel a little silly now, as I definitely double-checked the compatible weapons list and never put 2+2 together with regard to grenades. 

Also is it a 30K or Custodes (TTG) rule that provides a wrist-mounted grenade launcher? 

Edited by Necronaut

13 minutes ago, Necronaut said:

Thanks for the clarification(s), gents! I feel a little silly now, as I definitely double-checked the compatible weapons list and never put 2+2 together with regard to grenades. 

Also is it a 30K or Custodes (TTG) rule that provides a wrist-mounted grenade launcher? 

Nah man, it's no sweat - really easy to miss.  This is an FFG book we're talking about. :tongue:

On the wrist mount - I have no idea, but I do know that Space Hulk: Deathwing (1993 Board Game) had rules for aux grenade launchers on the back of a Captain's powerglove.  Easy enough to mount one there fluffwise and mechanically supported.

Am thinking of expanding the Combi-weapons to Combi-gravs as well.

Edited by Mazer Rackham
Typo

16 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Nah man, it's no sweat - really easy to miss.  This is an FFG book we're talking about. :tongue:

On the wrist mount - I have no idea, but I do know that Space Hulk: Deathwing (1993 Board Game) had rules for aux grenade launchers on the back of a Captain's powerglove.  Easy enough to mount one there fluffwise and mechanically supported.

Am thinking of expanding the Combi-weapons to Combi-gravs as well.

@MR - But would it have to be Arm Mounted at 10 Req Points? Because the Aux Grenade launcher on the back of a powerglove is very similar to my idea of a Storm Bolter on the back of a powerglove.

9 hours ago, Machine God said:

@MR - But would it have to be Arm Mounted at 10 Req Points? Because the Aux Grenade launcher on the back of a powerglove is very similar to my idea of a Storm Bolter on the back of a powerglove.

Technically, no.  It could be a standalone weapon like the M320, FN40GL, or HK GLM 40.

Alternatively it can be a combi-weapon, like the HK UBGL, or M203.

My bugbear about wrist-mounts for storm bolters is down to injecting challenge and forcing decisions, plus the fact only Grey Knights are famous for it.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Talek Varn has a combi-bolter mounted on his power fist (mostly because I was building my army as counts-as Space Wolves led by Grimnar!)

But that actually feels more reasonable to me than wrist mounts, as a fist actually has space to mount it properly. Abaddon's claw is another good example.

...but it's very much a Special Character kind of thing...

Indeed, those lads are exceptions - besides, is not modifying the holy Axe of the Omnissiah some kind of Tech Heresy?

You have four (maybe soon 5) brothers, can't have everyone be a catch-all with no drawbacks or awkward fiddling.  Quickdraw renders the arm mounting quite redundant anyway.  It's big boy trousers this time around.

Full disclosure, I have negotiated a halberd/bolter combi for one character, but it makes sense for him, since he's part of a two-man team, and needs the extra firepower immediately.

You need to realise as well, that any halberd/arm mounted/powerglove mounted weapon is MOUNTED.  Once the weapon is destroyed - whatever is bolted to it, goes WITH it.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

21 hours ago, Necronaut said:

I hope everything is okay with @Trokair?

@Lysimachus I'm having the same issue. 

I’m here, barley, sorry everyone, hobby time had been a tad elusive despite my thinking that I should be back to normality. Life ehe. Working to cat up here and in the other game.

Yes, but also not quite.

Whilst Tro catches up I can do a bit of hand waving to progress, allowing for Player Reactions etc.  Tro hasn't instructed me to roll Init for him, and since he's "about" and not "absent", I want to reserve the opportunity for him as long as possible.

I understand players are excited, (rightly!) and I'll move us on shortly.

So read through this thread and starting on story thread now.  

Mazer quick note, its Nergüi not Nurgui, I am not going to be pedantic over the umlaut over the ü, but the e would like to see in its proper place instead of that first random u, going forward at least, thanks.

On 7/3/2022 at 8:47 PM, Necronaut said:

Actually Pilot is an Advanced skill, and as such if neither of us are trained in it, then neither of us may attempt to use the skill or render assistance. Guess we're getting splatted into the side of the hulk.

ALL ACCORDING TO PLAN, EH MAZER?! 

On 7/3/2022 at 9:00 PM, Mazer Rackham said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ahem:

"...The controls are rudimentary, much like the craft, but simplicity permits anyone to take the helm..."

I do admit to not stipulating which AG score, and yes, I will use it to heighten the drama, and yes, hopefully a sense of pride and accomplishment*.

*Accomplishment not guaranteed, no monetary value, any senses are strictly transitory and are not served under warranty. This list is not exhaustive, and is not applicable in the US state of Kansas.

So we have already had one near miss on a total party kill and we haven’t even arrived yet!

Edited by Trokair

16 minutes ago, Trokair said:

Mazer quick note, its Nergüi not Nurgui, I am not going to be pedantic over the umlaut over the ü, but the e would like to see in its proper place instead of that first random u, going forward at least, thanks.

Apologies, am fixing where I can see the goof now.

1 hour ago, Machine God said:

@Trokair - Yes Storm means you double your hits. Storm Bolter has a ROF of S/4/- but because of Storm it really is 2/8/-

@Necronaut - Don't forget to roll versus your Terminator Honours Force Field first. 

I don't think Necro can Dodge at all, so it will indeed be PR 35 against the hit.

Characters roll against/or choose to Dodge first (where they can), before PR gets used.

5 hours ago, Trokair said:

So read through this thread and starting on story thread now.  

@Mazer Rackham - You just need to edit Nergui's name in the Mission Roster.

Post edited:

http://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/374425-dw-the-desolation-of-innocence-rpg-ic-thread/?do=findComment&comment=5842043

Edited by Machine God
Show update.