Recent Changes!

Yeah, I’m loving the changes with Hammer of the Emperor and Armour of Contempt also the 2+ on Titanic units has breathed new life into my Macharius Vanquisher!

I had a close game 2 weeks ago and now I’m playing T’au this week! I’ll let you know how I get on but I’m feeling a lot more optimistic moving forward!

Its amazing how often HotE comes into play!

Truly a blessing for you players. The 6 explosion buff and AoC slightly improves them in the 'competitive' list, in a sense that you won't feel bad playing Astra Militarum. Tomorrow I'll face them and I hope they will smash some of my army.

I’m feeling positive about the changes and AoC. So much so I’m planning new lists to work with the secondaries and CP changes (Creed) but also Baneblade variants - comparing lists I thing a troop carrying Baneblade variant (like the Banehammer) might be a great way to go! Will trial in game a let you know.

My last game was against Black Templar and I beat them by 1 point. With AoC I think it would have made a bigger difference. Sentinels are really quite powerful now with there weapons upgrades and first turn 2 to hit stratagem, plus AoC they should last a couple of turns now.

5 hours ago, SteveAntilles said:

I'm taking my mech guard to a tournament Sunday. Actually slightly hopeful for once.

Good luck!! 

It's dangerous to go alone | Girls und Panzer | Know Your Meme

Also I (and Im sure Im not just the only one) wanna hear all about it, Im taking a break from my infantry army and gonna concentrate on my mech guard for a bit, gotta keep my pile of opportunity fresh so I dont get bored, so Im curious to know what your using and how it all works out. 

Sentinels are definitely the biggest winners. Already crazy durable for their points, even with a 5 point base increase they now get both free weapons and AoC. They're already crazy durable, now even more so. Scouts with heavy flamers, Armoured with plasma or lascannons would be my picks. 

Tank Commanders/Russes are probably the next best winners. Now a TC has a 2+ save, -1 damage, and AoC. 

In terms of super heavies. Regular Baneblade, Stormblade, Hellhammer, and Doomhammer are probably okay but not amazing now, and I'd say their effectiveness is exactly in that order as well. If you give them the Tank Ace for +1 save now you need AP-3 to push them to a 3+.

Hilarious example is the Marauder variants. Likely still bad, but get -1 to hit, 2+ save, and AoC.

Scions are also back on the menu. Had a practice game with them earlier. Oooof. Auto wounding AP-3 on LL is nice. 

11 minutes ago, jarms48 said:

Sentinels are definitely the biggest winners. Already crazy durable for their points, even with a 5 point base increase they now get both free weapons and AoC. They're already crazy durable, now even more so. Scouts with heavy flamers, Armoured with plasma or lascannons would be my picks. 

Tank Commanders/Russes are probably the next best winners. Now a TC has a 2+ save, -1 damage, and AoC. 

In terms of super heavies. Regular Baneblade, Stormblade, Hellhammer, and Doomhammer are probably okay but not amazing now, and I'd say their effectiveness is exactly in that order as well. If you give them the Tank Ace for +1 save now you need AP-3 to push them to a 3+.

Hilarious example is the Marauder variants. Likely still bad, but get -1 to hit, 2+ save, and AoC.

Scions are also back on the menu. Had a practice game with them earlier. Oooof. Auto wounding AP-3 on LL is nice. 

Hey, where does the -1 damage on Russ’s come from? I must have missed something, thanks 

Point changes will take longer to digest, but the AoC addition is interesting. Not just in what it does but also what it means - I wonder if this was from it making some sense (why would Marine vehicles be tougher than Guard ones?) or if it was more power related. For the latter I'm not sure if it's enough to make a great difference but any improvement is welcome. I'll be very interested to hear people's feedback on this though I'm not sure if it's enough to bring my Guard out of hibernation until the new codex.

I love the 2+ saves and the AOC on our tanks.

However I have no idea what is going on with our Infantry, it seems like the rules are just tacked on and I'd just be turning up to games with all these squads with special and heavy weapons. I imagine that will just slow games down massively.

35 minutes ago, Wassa said:

I love the 2+ saves and the AOC on our tanks.

However I have no idea what is going on with our Infantry, it seems like the rules are just tacked on and I'd just be turning up to games with all these squads with special and heavy weapons. I imagine that will just slow games down massively.

i mean sure it'll make the shooting phase a little bit longer, but it wont slow things down that much.
it's what? an extra 10 seconds per weapon?

AoC on a T8 2+ chassis was amazing. I already knew it was good from playing my sisters army but i never had anything that tough. WOW!

Our nephilm secondaries are super clutch. "Special Orders" is really easy. Boots on the ground is a better engage, need to clarify if scions count as "regiment" infantry or not. 

On 6/25/2022 at 12:59 PM, Diagramdude said:

If you take Creed as your warlord are you required to buy him his mandatory WL trait?

If not I’d take him just for the +2CP. Working with 8 is much better than 6

yes sadly

17 minutes ago, Emperor Ming said:

But can you then swap creeds warlord trait that you have to buy, for a tank ace:ques:

Thou then again it might not be prudent to plan around creed, creed Jr is prob not copy and paste rules wise:tongue:

That's never been cleared up. My tendency would be to say no, because the Codex says named characters must take the specific trait of their associated regiment. They don't get a choice of having another trait or no trait at all.

But it's one of those questions that really should have gotten an FAQ.