I need help, my brothers in arms. foot guard issues.

Hi guys

i have been collecting a full foot guard list for some time, inspired by mordian glory.

I have my first real 2000 point game lined up in around 4 weeks time, which gives me time to look at recent rules changes, write the list and buy/convert the few missing models etc.

the first issue i have is the change to 6CP to build with. Since i use three batallions i utilise all 6CP before i even start.

this means my idea of using whiteshields has long gone.

Even if i take creed, i can maybe take 2 units only of whiteshields, but i have four.

also taking command traits and relics costs CP i no longer have :(

Currently ive switched back to wilderness survivors/disciplined shooters, is this still viable you think? or should i stay with cadians?

My list is (all the models i have):

Bat 1:

Company commander

Lord commisar

4 x 30 conscripts

2 x 10 infantry

command squad, banner 3 x flamer

3 x special weapons squads, 3 x flamer

platoon commander

Bat 2 (and 3 is identical)

Company commander

Lord commisar

6 x 10 infantry

All infantry units have special and HWTs.

So where do you think i should go from here, im ok with being in a state of flux until new codex drops, but between now and then i want to be able to field a half decent list, given my theme

You have a lot of flamers, and the Catachan traits allow you to reroll your hits since flamers are so swingy on what they actually do.

is there a specific reason you’ve gone all in on flamers with no AT, anything like that?

your infantry squads are 60pts no matter what, might as well toss some plasma guns and heavy bolters into them as well…or double down on the flame spam.

7 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

You have a lot of flamers, and the Catachan traits allow you to reroll your hits since flamers are so swingy on what they actually do.

is there a specific reason you’ve gone all in on flamers with no AT, anything like that?

your infantry squads are 60pts no matter what, might as well toss some plasma guns and heavy bolters into them as well…or double down on the flame spam.

i orignally planned to outlfnak them all with the reserves rule 10PL for 1 CP i believe. 12 flamers hitting a strong unit from reserve would make a dent.

all theory crafting til now.

in the infantry sqauds i have mostly ML, some HB and autocannon and all grenade launchers. i had a theory they would work en masse, but with AoC now, thier -1AP is rubbish.

i also have a WW2 theme, but i can probably get around that with some clever way or representing meltguns, maybe panzerfausts.

Catachan is a good shout though, i hadnt considered that, lots of S4 bodies could be nice too. i figured the disciplined shooters would benefit the new lasgun 6s rule.

2 minutes ago, greatcrusade08 said:

i orignally planned to outlfnak them all with the reserves rule 10PL for 1 CP i believe. 12 flamers hitting a strong unit from reserve would make a dent.

all theory crafting til now.

in the infantry sqauds i have mostly ML, some HB and autocannon and all grenade launchers. i had a theory they would work en masse, but with AoC now, thier -1AP is rubbish.

i also have a WW2 theme, but i can probably get around that with some clever way or representing meltguns, maybe panzerfausts.

Catachan is a good shout though, i hadnt considered that, lots of S4 bodies could be nice too. i figured the disciplined shooters would benefit the new lasgun 6s rule.

The flamers are just so swingy, I did some test rolls the other day because I have 4 flamers in my army and one was 4 good results the other 3 I got 9 or few hits between 4 flamers.

Catachan does give me some new ideas though, and rerolling those flamers would be nice, becuase dice are little cubes of evil

straken and priests combo comes to mind

thanks for your help

Edited by greatcrusade08