Nabata Dynasty (Urkh's Necron blog)

Urkh

Hello everyone. Long time fan of necrons, and my buddy who played necrons against me back in 5th edition just sold me his army, as his life has turned in a way where he doesn't have time for warhammer anymore. I just got from him:

Various Hq's

32 warriors

10 immortals

5 death marks

10 warscyth lychguard

5 shield lychguard

10 praetorians

3 destroyers

3 wraiths

Ghost ark

2 annihilation barges

Monolith.

Missing from his collection are a doomsday ark, a catacomb command barge, and 3 tomb blades. If he finds them, he will get them to me.

These will combine with my command starter set necrons to start the Nabata Dynasty, lead by Overlord Ereshkigal.

They are either all unpainted or horribly painted, and many have been damaged over the years. This is going to be quite a project getting everything the way I want it to be.

Including a picture of the haul!

20220626_170612.jpg

We think similarly! I am definitely planning on expanding with more canoptek stuff, namely spiders and more wraiths. I'm thinking I'll also buy a recruit starter to bring my total warriors to 60, for the ability to run three 20 man squads if I want (I have a box of old warriors still on sprue that I was going to gift this same friend, but we never had time). 

Also, I found out that one of the annihilation barges IS the CCB, and he would run it as an AB in our games, because it was 5th and the CCB wasn't that great in our games. Both of the minis are in shambles atm, and will need some TLC to meet my standards.

I have another friend who I will be getting tomb blades, immortals, a doomstalker, ophydians, and another ghost arc from.

It's a good time to be getting crons!

4 hours ago, JaM_naf#6121 said:

Curious to see wht paintscheme you will come up with

I am painting a wraith alongside the kabalite warriors I am painting for a friend. Hopefully shouldn't be very long before I can get a pic of it up. You can check out my black templars thread, however, and find my post with the mini that is my avatar. The necrons on his base will be my paint scheme. 

• 10 months later...

Well, it has been almost a year with the necrons sitting on my shelf since the last update. I needed a bit of a change of pace from my templars and eldar, however. As such, I grabbed a lychguard w/ warscythe and blocked out his colors and gave him a good wash. 20230508_195402.thumb.jpg.8befea43ca90e7a6c6460942bb2270ef.jpg

I am going to call this "battle ready" and whenever I feel like a break from my other armies, I will work on getting the legion up to this level. They will be 100% no metalics! I honestly hate painting metals, and don't have the patience to learn NMM for what is my third army when I have sprues  up to my waiste to paint, haha! The tans will be layered up to be bone colored to give them actual skeleton vibes. The Dynasty color will be purple, and as such, when I get around to painting vehicles, purple will be all around! 

Hope you guys enjoy!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Captain Idaho said:

Love seeing the ceramic style of Necrons. You got anymore?

Slowly but surely, they will awaken.

I'll try to squeeze a unit or two into my vows for the upcoming event, but it is mostly going to be eldar. I want at least one of my armies to be 100%, and I want a second army over 2k points. After the event, however, my attention will be going between my Templars and Necrons.

Edited by Urkh