Custom medium tank

Thinking about creating my own medium tank, based on the A7V.
main hull mounted gun will probably be played as a tuarox battle cannon, then 4 hvy stubbers for armament, but i'm also considering throwing a hvy bolter on the small observation superstructure at the top, sort of like a mini-malcador defender, just 1 HB instead of like 5.

with T9 as a cap, it's difficult for me to decide what statline to give it to make it feel like a medium tank.
so here's what i'm thinking so far
T7 Sv2+ W15
or
T7 Sv3+ W15 AoC

and i kinda want to name it the Vulkan Medium Tank, but without flamers or meltas that seems disrespectful. not fast enough of a vehicle to be named after the khan, not fly-y enough to name it after sanguinius, so maybe the Ferrus Manus Medium Tank?  what primarch should it be named after?

6 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

and i kinda want to name it the Vulkan Medium Tank, but without flamers or meltas that seems disrespectful. not fast enough of a vehicle to be named after the khan, not fly-y enough to name it after sanguinius, so maybe the Ferrus Manus Medium Tank?  what primarch should it be named after?

I wouldnt worry about that, the Leman Russ doesnt really share anything with its namesake. The Vulkan does sound cool though. 

2 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

On second thought I might just use the A7V as a counts as taurox prime

Yes. A simple set of rules is best, to make the resulting vehicle easy to model and play with- increasing the chance others will use it, and give you credit for its creation, in turn.

Though with the A7V as its inspiration, you might as well make the hull-mounted gun a Leman Russ battle cannon, with Strength 8 instead of the Taurox battle cannon's Strength 7.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

Just realised the A7V is the tank I fondly call 'the brick' (slowly learning tank names, but Im reading so many historical books a lot of info is taking its time to settle in the old noggin), now I have a bit more context regarding what your on about Im very interested in what you come up with. 

34 minutes ago, Bjorn Firewalker said:

Yes. A simple set of rules is best, to make the resulting vehicle easy to model and play with- increasing the chance others will use it, and give you credit for its creation, in turn.

Though with the A7V as its inspiration, you might as well make the hull-mounted gun a Leman Russ battle cannon, with Strength 8 instead of the Taurox battle cannon's Strength 7.

The A7V’s gun looks a bit too small for me to in good conscious play it the same as a normal battle cannon, and a battle cannon seems a little bit too big and strong for a medium tank.

the TBC fits in nicely between the BC and the multi-laser or autocannon, so just sounds and feels thematic for a medium tank.

6 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

The A7V’s gun looks a bit too small for me to in good conscious play it the same as a normal battle cannon, and a battle cannon seems a little bit too big and strong for a medium tank.

the TBC fits in nicely between the BC and the multi-laser or autocannon, so just sounds and feels thematic for a medium tank.

The M8 Armored Gun System and Centauro were both built with 105mm guns, but designed so a 120mm gun could be fitted if so desired. You might as well make the Strength 8 Leman Russ battle cannon an option with which to replace the Strength 7 Taurox battle cannon, if a player so desires.