Storm of Iron Character Series

Hello, I’ve recently decided to create Honsou, Forrix, and Kroeger with a display board to go along with them. I’ve finished Honsou and Forrix, while Kroger is still a WIP but ready for paint. I’ve posted these on Instagram and Reddit so if you’ve seen these already I apologize for the spam but I just recently was able to get back into my B&CS account so thought I’d share them here. I’ve also attached a scenic photograph of Honsou, Forrix, and some Iron Warriors. Hope you enjoy them. 

56FFC8A4-1B9C-4F4F-9568-BD8F9167C8B6.jpeg

02BC758C-4E97-491B-ADA1-E4818F37ED40.jpeg

5B35DFF5-70F7-4F90-87AA-435DC22E48DE.jpeg

0F529951-0F5B-441B-BAD5-B6E63AE5756D.jpeg

18 hours ago, Son of Sacrifice said:

Really cool conversions, and great photography! 

Thank you!!

9 hours ago, Xenith said:

Really nice work, Forrix is imposing - though I'd maybe have gone with an unobscured face - he's usually depicted without a rebreather.

Thanks :biggrin: - yeah, but I felt like none of the heads without rebreathers looked nearly as mean as this one. Besides just cuz he’s not depicted with one in the art doesn’t mean he’s never used one. 

6 hours ago, NewbiePBer said:

Thanks :biggrin: - yeah, but I felt like none of the heads without rebreathers looked nearly as mean as this one. Besides just cuz he’s not depicted with one in the art doesn’t mean he’s never used one. 

Agree, the models perfect! 

18 hours ago, Cyrox said:

If i could picture them in my head as models, thats pretty much how they'd look! You absolutely nailed it.

Nice work!

Thanks! I'm hoping to bring the characters of my favorite Warhammer novel justice haha.

18 hours ago, Xenith said:

Agree, the models perfect! 

I dunno about perfect haha, but that really means a lot :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to reading this book, and seeing these fantastic minis was part of what made me decide to go check it out.
Really impressive work! I'd be interested to know more about how you made and painted these guys, and whether you have any more Iron Warriors in the works.

Very nice! Can we get a picture of Forrix from the back? I kind of want to do that conversion for a Forgelord for my 30k Ultramarines.

Also one quibble, but:
Honsou's bionic eye is his right one and it's also explicitly called out as being blue in the novels at multiple points

Thank you everyone, I'm glad you like them!

On 7/16/2022 at 8:12 AM, Urauloth said:

I finally got around to reading this book, and seeing these fantastic minis was part of what made me decide to go check it out.
Really impressive work! I'd be interested to know more about how you made and painted these guys, and whether you have any more Iron Warriors in the works.

Thank you! It's a real honor that my minis made you decide to read my favorite Warhammer novel, I hope you enjoyed it! Iron Warriors have always and will always be my favorite army. Having  just recently got back into the hobby with quarantine early 2020, I think I'm going to focus on building models I can actually play with over display models when I'm done with the display board. I'll be kitbashing a full roster for Kill Team both the compendium team as well as the Nachmund Legionary team then work on an army for 40k as all my old models are outdated and puny looking. I do plan on creating more major characters from McNeill's Iron Warriors series in the future but that might not be for some time. I've amassed quite the backlog since starting up again so we'll see how things go. With work and school I don't have too much time to hobby so it'll probably be a while until I can start cranking out characters again.

On 7/17/2022 at 6:17 AM, Gederas said:

Very nice! Can we get a picture of Forrix from the back? I kind of want to do that conversion for a Forgelord for my 30k Ultramarines.

Also one quibble, but:
Honsou's bionic eye is his right one and it's also explicitly called out as being blue in the novels at multiple points

Thanks! Here's a photo of the back

Also a quote from Dead Sky Black Sun after Honsou takes a bolt to the face: "Part of his head had been pulverized by the impact of the bolt round, and the left side of his face was a burned and bloody ruin, his eye a glutinous, fused mess." :wink: honestly as for the color, I just like red better for eye lenses. It's more aggressive in my opinion.

DSCF0156.jpg

Edited by NewbiePBer

• 1 month later...