Mk II - Any news?

Okay so I have finally gotten back into heresy (and as a result this forum. I missed you guys :teehee:).
So I invested in the new plastics and I must say I am impressed. The rules are also epic and definitely what I missed. 

Now my biggest question is does anyone have any leads on Mk II marines? Because they are obviously the best... 
Also I kinda need to make a 2nd legion now as I have waaaay too many marines. 

I don't think we'll see them for a while. They'll want everybody to buy up the new shiny MK6's before they pull the cover and, "Omg are those MKII?! I need them NOW!" kicks in. Revealing them too early would cost MK6 sales - and let's face it, most people are buying it for the improved proportions rather than liking MK6 over other marks.

My guess is they'll be in another boxset a year from now, like how Burning of Prospero came out about a year after Betrayal at Calth.

My personal bet is that MKII will be a 3rd Edition thing. That won't be any time soon but it at least gives me time to wrap up my other armies?

3 minutes ago, Corswain said:

My personal bet is that MKII will be a 3rd Edition thing. That won't be any time soon but it at least gives me time to wrap up my other armies?

I donno I would think it would be sooner. Especially when they start releasing the rumoured campaign books starting with istvaan. 

27 minutes ago, M@verik115 said:

I donno I would think it would be sooner. Especially when they start releasing the rumoured campaign books starting with istvaan. 

yeah this is how i see it happening.

Battle boxes "istvaan 5" "voidwar"etc with things like mk2 and breachers etc. 

The latest rumor from Lord Valrak is that plastic MkII power armor has been finished for a while now, but with the HH release schedule leaked out through the end of the year, it would be 2023 at the earliest. The crew for the new tanks seem to be a nod toward MkII. 

They already released new mk2....

As a gunner for vehicles :teehee::wink:

In all seriousness, I don't think we got more than very early leak type info. Nothing more has really been mentioned yet. Heck, we're still waiting for predator stuff or even the supposed sicaran plastics.

2 hours ago, Mike8404 said:

I foresee Mk V before II just because V fits the current setting better than II does.

I sure hope so. They have shafted the "Heresy" pattern armor for far too long.

First they tried to retcon it into a no-true-pattern mix of other marks, now they've made Corvus the most common armor canonically. But Mk5 will triumph. I feel it in my bones.

MkII will come at some point, given the effort put into the tank crewman. They didn't mould the torso as a one piece dedicated crewman, and the chest and back were separate, plus the details on the arms seems a like a lot of effort was put into the design for futureproofing.

I could be wrong but i think GW know they'd be very popular

On 6/29/2022 at 1:47 PM, The Scorpion said:

I sure hope so. They have shafted the "Heresy" pattern armor for far too long.

First they tried to retcon it into a no-true-pattern mix of other marks, now they've made Corvus the most common armor canonically. But Mk5 will triumph. I feel it in my bones.

I think the biggest issue for MkV will be making the armour studs work in plastic. I expect the parts count will make some people upset. 

9 hours ago, Fulkes said:

I think the biggest issue for MkV will be making the armour studs work in plastic. I expect the parts count will make some people upset. 

oh god i hadnt even thought about that XD 

shoulder pads in half, head in half, fronts of legs, backs of legs, it would make the mk4 kit look like a duplo kit. 

On 6/30/2022 at 5:38 PM, Cyrox said:

MkII will come at some point, given the effort put into the tank crewman. They didn't mould the torso as a one piece dedicated crewman, and the chest and back were separate, plus the details on the arms seems a like a lot of effort was put into the design for futureproofing.

I could be wrong but i think GW know they'd be very popular

Agreed. The back has the same connector for a backpack as the new mkVI so seems like it's been designed with more in mind.