Can't see who's online?

The previous forum iteration has a legend at the bottom with who was online as well as guests and hidden users. Has this functionality been removed with this software iteration? If so, could this be considered for a return, if plausible to do so?

Never mind, found it...bringing me to this question..

Asking in the same vein as above - new posts aren't listed on the right-hand side of the forum? It was incredibly useful to see what new posts were there at a glance instead of clicking on unread topics section - could this be added back?

EDIT 2: Has the Army lists sections been removed?

Never mind found that as well.

Edited by Skywrath

There are some things that can be added, but they all cost money. There's a charge to purchase a capability (add-on, widget, application, whatever) and a recurring charge to keep that capability each year.

For now, we've opted to limit the money spent to the basic license and core capabilities (galleries, downloads), as well as add-on capabilities that replace some that we used to have (blogs, pages). In order for us to justify spending more money on other things, we'll need to be comfortable with our ability to pay for them in perpetuity. We're discussing options, with the status quo being that we continue to rely on donations from members to keep the site running.

There are a number of sidebar widgets that we used to have that are available for the current software, including new posts.

Sorry, I'm not sure from the questions/answers above, is the viewing who's online one of the things that cost money and haven't been added yet, or is it something we can individually switch on and off (if so I can't find it! :sweat:)

Edit: I see we can select our own Privacy setting, but I can't see the list?

Edited by Lysimachus

Click "Browse" at the top/center of the page, then select "Online Users" from the dropdown menu that appears.

image.thumb.png.90b8ed57b3647d17dfba7ffbe0648e02.png

You'll see the online users:

image.thumb.png.5063dab8ac807ba0f6157e1b7b612ea9.png

Getting this feature added as a permanent widget (sidebar/bottom of the page) will cost money, but members already have the ability to see a list of online users.

On 7/1/2022 at 7:35 AM, Brother Tyler said:

There are some things that can be added, but they all cost money. There's a charge to purchase a capability (add-on, widget, application, whatever) and a recurring charge to keep that capability each year.

For now, we've opted to limit the money spent to the basic license and core capabilities (galleries, downloads), as well as add-on capabilities that replace some that we used to have (blogs, pages). In order for us to justify spending more money on other things, we'll need to be comfortable with our ability to pay for them in perpetuity. We're discussing options, with the status quo being that we continue to rely on donations from members to keep the site running.

There are a number of sidebar widgets that we used to have that are available for the current software, including new posts.

Currently the unread page feels very different to the last one and making a 'saved' filter set is too much trouble to bother with. Honestly still adjusting to the newness but I just really liked the old format.

Ah just found the option to set the filtered stream as default and I think it will bring my usage back closer to previous levels.

Edited by Silas7

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2022 at 3:02 AM, sibomots said:

We're actively trying out new design options to bring back some comfortable and familiar aspects like "who's online".

It's not forgotten. Just in development.  

can a minimise tab be added to that? And also a new topics tab like the old site had?