Salamanders CoF (HH2.0)

El Ravager

I'm thinking of starting Salamanders with the new AoD box, trying to lean on the contents of that box as a foundation.

Covenant of Fire RoW

HQ: 387

Praetor: Paragon Blade, Volkite Charger, Melta Bombs - 162

Centurion Champion: Paragon Blade, Melta Bombs - 105

Centurion Cataphracttii Herald - Legion Standard, Chainfist - 120

Elites: 690

10 Cataphractii Terminators: 4 thunderhammers, 5 powerfists, 1 power sword, 2 Dragons Breath Heavy Flamers, 4 combi-flamers, 4 combi-bolters - 450

Contemptor Dreadnought - Gravis Multimelta, fist with built in meltagun - 195

Apothecary - 45

Troops: 800

20 Tactical Marines: Legion Vex, Chain bayonets, sarge with powerfist, artificer armour, meltabombs - 285

10 Tactical Marines: Legion Vex, Chain bayonets, sarge with powerfist, artificer armour, meltabombs - 165

10 Tactical Support Marines - Dragons Breath flamers, artificer armour on the sarge - 155

10 Tactical Support Marines - Dragons Breath flamers, artificer armour on the sarge mounted in a Rhino with Dozer Blades - 195

Heavy Support: 620

Proteus Carrier - 220

Spartan: Flare Shield, Twin Heavy Flamer - 400

Total Points: 2497

Praetor will lead the block of 20 Marines with the Apothecary, the Champion will join a Flamer Support Squad in the Proteus, Herald goes with the Terminators in the Spartan to make them Line.  90% of the models come from the new AoD box plus a support weapon box.  I'll have to scrounge up some flamers and I have some MKIV I can use for one of the Support Squads.

Edited by El Ravager

On 6/30/2022 at 1:40 PM, El Ravager said:

I'm thinking of starting Salamanders with the new AoD box, trying to lean on the contents of that box as a foundation.

Covenant of Fire RoW

HQ: 387

Praetor: Paragon Blade, Volkite Charger, Melta Bombs - 162

Centurion Champion: Paragon Blade, Melta Bombs - 105

Centurion Cataphracttii Herald - Legion Standard, Chainfist - 120

Elites: 690

10 Cataphractii Terminators: 4 thunderhammers, 5 powerfists, 1 power sword, 2 Dragons Breath Heavy Flamers, 4 combi-flamers, 4 combi-bolters - 450

Contemptor Dreadnought - Gravis Multimelta, fist with built in meltagun - 195

Apothecary - 45

Troops: 800

20 Tactical Marines: Legion Vex, Chain bayonets, sarge with powerfist, artificer armour, meltabombs - 285

10 Tactical Marines: Legion Vex, Chain bayonets, sarge with powerfist, artificer armour, meltabombs - 285

10 Tactical Support Marines - Dragons Breath flamers, artificer armour on the sarge - 155

10 Tactical Support Marines - Dragons Breath flamers, artificer armour on the sarge mounted in a Rhino with Dozer Blades - 195

Heavy Support: 620

Proteus Carrier - 220

Spartan: Flare Shield, Twin Heavy Flamer - 400

Total Points: 2497

Praetor will lead the block of 20 Marines with the Apothecary, the Champion will join a Flamer Support Squad in the Proteus, Herald goes with the Terminators in the Spartan to make them Line.  90% of the models come from the new AoD box plus a support weapon box.  I'll have to scrounge up some flamers and I have some MKIV I can use for one of the Support Squads.

My main concern with this list is whether or not there's enough anti-tank answers. I'm totally down for thematic/narrative lists, but I would still consider how to handle some threats so you have less lop-sided games. I think if you cut some points in the troops section for another Contemptor Dread with melta/fist loadout can help.

On 7/5/2022 at 7:32 AM, Brother Dallo said:

I suspect you’ve got a typo in your troops. Either the points are wrong for your second squad or it’s not a ten man unit.

You are right, it was a typo.  I corrected it.  Thanks!

23 hours ago, arnesh88 said:

My main concern with this list is whether or not there's enough anti-tank answers. I'm totally down for thematic/narrative lists, but I would still consider how to handle some threats so you have less lop-sided games. I think if you cut some points in the troops section for another Contemptor Dread with melta/fist loadout can help.

You're not wrong. 

The best answer this has is driving terminators straight at them and smashing them with hammers, fists and chainfists.  Or meltabombs.  

Most people around here don't go super armour heavy, but if it's a problem, then I think the 2nd Contemptor Dread is the place to start.  

Edited by El Ravager