New units on the way

Forgive me if it’s been posted but I can’t see it in the threads

As GW released a Better quality photo for us to see after the leaks, What are we excited to see if the new releases???

From what I can make out we’re getting 

New

Commissar 

Command Squad 

Veteran unit [most likely after the upgrade sprue] Box looks like it makes all the squad options as 2/3 special weapons are shown 

Sentinel

Kasrkin

Heavy Weapons Teams 

I’ve not collected Guard since 5th but this release has me super hyped for starting again I’ve missed the guard having great models and I honestly can’t wait - For me the Veteran squad and the Command squad look to be amazing and obviously the kasrkin coming back are a dream 

608EC74E-A4F0-4E4D-8F29-C4B55D4E255C.jpeg

The Kasrkin are likely to be in the new kill team box based on the bases, if not this one, then the next one.

I’m hoping at some point a new Catachan kit gets announced. The new characters have looked amazing.

Also I can’t wait to paint up one of those new sentinels….

however I just thought about something. If the stormspeeders are any indication, the new sentinels might not be able to be taken in squadrons.

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

I’m 99.999% sure the Kasrkin will be this I’ll team the base is exactly the same as the C.A.T and it’s not a common basing style who they’ll be facing I don’t know [Nids likely with the animalistic scream at the end of the video] 

Yeh definitely that colonel was beautiful 

I’m not super fused about the rules but I wouldn’t put much stock in a unit not getting a squadron because a space marine flyer unit didn’t squadrons are kind of an IG staple 

18 minutes ago, BladeOfVengeance said:

I’m 99.999% sure the Kasrkin will be this I’ll team the base is exactly the same as the C.A.T and it’s not a common basing style who they’ll be facing I don’t know [Nids likely with the animalistic scream at the end of the video] 

Yeh definitely that colonel was beautiful 

I’m not super fused about the rules but I wouldn’t put much stock in a unit not getting a squadron because a space marine flyer unit didn’t squadrons are kind of an IG staple 

Stormspeeders aren’t fliers.

theyre just the new fancy upgunned version of landspeeders, sort of like these are the new fancy versions of sentinels.

that’s all I’m pointing out

1 hour ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Stormspeeders aren’t fliers.

theyre just the new fancy upgunned version of landspeeders, sort of like these are the new fancy versions of sentinels.

that’s all I’m pointing out

I get what you’re saying but mean to say it has the “Fly” keyword so it’s a completely different style of vehicle within the game

I can see why 16”M “Fly” keyword vehicle with better T and loads of guns could be an issue as a squadron 

Space marines also never really get squadrons IG always do 

59 minutes ago, BladeOfVengeance said:

I get what you’re saying but mean to say it has the “Fly” keyword so it’s a completely different style of vehicle within the game

I can see why 16”M “Fly” keyword vehicle with better T and loads of guns could be an issue as a squadron 

Space marines also never really get squadrons IG always do 

What do you mean marines never really get squadrons?

attack bikes, and speeders have always been squadrons, just off the top of my head.

also storm speeders aren't really that tough. they're T6, they have 1 more T and 1 more W than inceptors, that’s if you’re only operating minimum size. 4 inceptors have 12 wounds 2 more than a speeder. less firepower… while being harder to hide, and the more hits they take the worse they perform...not seeing how they'd be OP operating as a pair...

any way, I’m just saying I won’t be surprised if a T7 sentinel can’t be squadroned.

...and 'entrapped' Creed, if you get what i mean...

New kasrkins look cool. But old ones, even less realistically proportioned and such, are looking more like armoured troops, than just Cadians with just extra knee and and arm guards. 

9 hours ago, Shamansky said:

...and 'entrapped' Creed, if you get what i mean...

New kasrkins look cool. But old ones, even less realistically proportioned and such, are looking more like armoured troops, than just Cadians with just extra knee and and arm guards. 

i imagine they'll be equivalent to scions, which is why i am hoping they get access to the T. prime as well.

19 minutes ago, Emperor Ming said:

I'm not so sure Inq L, if they are regiment infantry, then its likely they will just rely on standard infantry officer orders like everyone else:yes:

I didn’t say anything about orders. 
just that they’re likely to be equivalent to scions, and that I have hope they get access to the taurox prime

54 minutes ago, Emperor Ming said:

Would walkers mesh with a ww1 theme anyway:tongue:

I'm in another boat on the Rogal Dorn, the russ should be the only tank for the guard!:biggrin:

With associated crappy never updated unloved forge world dregs that refuse to die ofc:laugh:

Walkers definitely can go well with a WWI aesthetic.

I think there’s a game called iron harvest that has some very diesel punk walkers. Almost like more organized and cleaned up version of ork walkers imo.

They would not get taurox prime, that would require the taurox prime change from <tempestus regiment> to <regiment>

I hope sentinel the following data sheet ability:

Reconnaissance Vehicle: This unit can perform actions as if it were an infantry unit.

2 hours ago, Diagramdude said:

They would not get taurox prime, that would require the taurox prime change from <tempestus regiment> to <regiment>

I hope sentinel the following data sheet ability:

Reconnaissance Vehicle: This unit can perform actions as if it were an infantry unit.

Or just add <Kasrkin> as a keyword, but either way you act like that’s some big deal.

as I’ve said before the idea that a turreted taurox would be exclusive to scions doesn’t make any sense…especially since it’s worse than a chimera in most aspects. The only aspect it comes out on top in is firepower.

im not holding my breath for it, but the standard taurox is so bad compared to the chimera there’s no point to it, and the prime i did misspeak a little. It has better movement and firepower compared to toughness and transport capacity…

the prime being more accessible to the army is simply something I would like, because I like the aesthetics of the prime.

as it stands I’ll probably just make a scion army out of Kasrkin models.

On 7/6/2022 at 1:22 AM, Jud Cottrell said:

Personally I can’t wait to see the Rogal Dorn Battle Tank! More tanks are always welcome.

Would have preferred seeing the Malcador and Macharius tanks in a multi-part plastic kit. 

On 7/6/2022 at 7:49 AM, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

im not holding my breath for it, but the standard taurox is so bad compared to the chimera there’s no point to it, and the prime i did misspeak a little. It has better movement and firepower compared to toughness and transport capacity…

Regular Taurox would be fine if it was like 75 points.

Edited by jarms48

13 hours ago, jarms48 said:

Would have preferred seeing the Malcador and Macharius tanks in a multi-part plastic kit. 

Regular Taurox would be fine if it was like 75 points.

No it wouldn’t, not with the chimera still being cheaper.

less firepower, less T, less transport, all for more points.

50pts people might take it.

8 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

No it wouldn’t, not with the chimera still being cheaper.

less firepower, less T, less transport, all for more points.

50pts people might take it.

Chimera is 75 points. Not sure where you're even getting that from.

It'd have better firepower than a 75 point Chimera. 2 autocannons compared to a multi-laser and heavy bolter. Taurox is also faster. So same points, better weapons, less transport, and less T. That's fine. 

2 hours ago, jarms48 said:

It'd have better firepower than a 75 point Chimera. 2 autocannons compared to a multi-laser and heavy bolter. Taurox is also faster. So same points, better weapons, less transport, and less T. That's fine. 

I’m using wah right now, which has it listed at 65.

regardless the taurox is still more expensive than the chimera. Unless I’m forgetting a points change and wah is wrong on that sheet is wrong.

At 75 that would still be a 15pt difference for a weaker transport with less transport capability.

so even at 75 points costs being equal why would anyone take it over the more durable bigger transport capacity of the chimera? For 2 extra inches of movement?

2 hours ago, jarms48 said:

HB is better than AC in most situations and multilaser is only slightly worse than  an AC…so I’d say it evens out, and if not evened out the firepower is so close that the difference isn’t even worth considering in regards to points.