List Building with the New Codex

This is what I'm testing on Tuesday night:

Alpha Legion, 2K points.  Battalion + Fortification.

- Chaos Lord with plasma pistol, power sword, Blade of the Relentless (-1CP), Mark of Tzeentch

- Exalted Champion, Mark of Khorne

- Dark Apostle, Warp-sight Plea, Mark of Tzeentch

- 20x Cultists (18x firearms, 2x heavy stubbers)

- 10x Cultists (10x pistols & CCWs)

- 10x Legionaries, 7x bolters, RCC, heavy bolter, Champion with bolt pistol & power sword, Mark of Tzeentch, Chaos Icon, Viper's Spite (-1CP)

- 5x Terminators, Mark of Tzeentch, Black Rune of Damnation (-1CP)

- 8x Khorne Berzerkers, Mark of Khorne, Chaos Icon

- Helbrute, twin lascannons, power scourge, Mark of Tzeentch

- 5x Raptors, 2x flamers, power sword

- Chaos Land Raider, Havoc Launcher, combi-melta

- Havocs with lascannons, Mark of Slaanesh

- Havocs with autocannons

- Noctilith Crown

The Apostle posts up by the Havocs, Legionaries, and the Crown to provide a reroll for the firebase and CP generation from the Crown.  The Raptors are an expendable Forward Operatives unit to try to nab a Subvert & Infiltrate or For the Dark Gods secondary in the first turn.  The Lord, Champion, and Berzerkers go into the Land Raider, which being T9, 2+ with AOC, and a 4++ from the Crown is really hard to kill if I don't get first turn.  The HQ & Zerk block is the primary CC hammer.  The Cultists sit on objectives, the Terminators warp strike in on T2-3 to as tough action monkeys for more Subvert or FTDG secondary points.  Of note, the MoS on a Havoc squad may seem weird but that's purely for the Murderous Perfection strat because I've suffered a string of bad damage rolls lately on my lascannons -- getting an auto-6 on one of those would be nice if it's needed.

I'm going with Black Legion, because I always go with Black Legion.

Still in the list testing phase and working with a pool of units. In my first 2 games, had a core list of Abaddon, MoP, 3x 10x Legionnares, 5x Terminators, and 2 LasPreds. I've also brought Possessed, Spawn, and Oblits to the party, and will be fielding Cultists and Helbrutes going forward.

So far, it's interesting. Have been playing Deathwatch most of 9th edition and miss the ranged firepower. Abaddon and his Termie friends have had trouble getting into combat the first two games, but the Legionnaires have done well shooting and on the charge. I like the Predators but don't think they're a long-term solution, they survived each game mostly due to indifference.

I am building an Iron Warriors force, my first army when I started in 3rd Edition so I am rather nostalgic.

There's so many good options, units can get expensive fast with upgrades, and so many different tricks I want to try that it is hard to write full army lists at the minute. Terminator bricks, Daemon Engine hordes, mechanised, foot slogger, deepstrike heavy.... so many choices!

I am tempted by a couple of small forces of Word Bearers and Night Lords, both of whom I also collected in the old days and could focus on the units I might not otherwise take in the Iron Warriors.

So many interesting builds exist within this codex. I have sold a large Black Legion force, but I feel like they are finally a very flexible force... more so than previously.

I have some Black Legion partially painted so I can work on them, get Haarkan back into service. Could be fun.

Red Corsairs. I have a fair amount of, but mostly old models. List wise, again, great way to make a cheap, fast army that is perhaps straight forward, but full of options.

Iron Warriors. I am working on some models if you've seen my thread. My problem is there is so much fun stuff, and the IW do seem to favour the ranged abilities, yet the codex offers a tilt towards getting in some fisticuffs. So I'm torn.

What I did not expect is to be lured into Night Lords. I may try a test game since I own all the models. I just think there's play there. I know the chapter trait isn't looking amazing, but a lot actually are not. The sauce is all about what I feel some of the best traits/strats/relics in the game.

So far I'm thinking of testing a list with a DP, robbing some ObSec, taking away Auras from some of my regular opponents like Vaul (SoB) would be just amazing. The lower leadership units are actually -good-. So if you can't get off the Trait ability, you will at least not suffer at all from using these units.  It just looks like a really fun thing to try. It might be short lived, but the biggest issue I have is making an actual army since I have so many figs from other Chapters, but not a single Night Lord. (I always had these other two buddies that played NL up until 8-9th ed).

Anyway, most lists start the same for me with this codex. I see four troop slots - 2 Legionaries, 2 cultists (new cultists squad perhaps). But the NL are screaming for that DP wi/Wings and perhaps the relic claw. 

MoP is almost in all my lists I notice. 

The Raptors/Warp Talons work great with Harkaan, but if the DP is close, it's not a terrible combo, and works with the Trait. I just think of a nemesis of mine, Tau, and how this unit combo would give them fits if I could get it off; dying to moral, attrition deaths. Those elite suit units fall under half, and it just accelerates their death. Warp Talons keeping them stuck in... I'd love to screw up those gross shooty armies with this. 

The heavies are good... I feel it's hard to go wrong here.

I love Termies. but the only list I see them truly valid in right now is the Red Corsairs (relic Termie armour) so I'm holding off. But I'd like to see if I can get Possessed and Chosen rolling with Night Lords. I want to see what kind of board saturation I can get, with quicker units (Chosen would be in a Rhino.)

I may test this in two days. I have a game lined up, but there's so much I want to try.

I think the MoP is essential for all lists (just too good not to). 

im building lists around secondaries. Generally psychic interrogation, banners, and whatever I can from the chaos book. 

I like BL and word bearers for their play style. 
BL: really tool up one unit of terminators and put characters in it. These characters can splinter off and do what needs to get done. Generally looking at Abby, MoP, Apostle, and lord disco. Old fashion Death Star in 9th ed

word bearers plays very different. My thought on this is one deathstar ball with all characters that buff it. Not sure if termies or possessed for the star. But then you have msu daemonkin/daemon units punting off from the star. Need to test it out a bit but could be a lot of fun!

Actually legit working on an Aphotic Blade list with 30 Terminators, Abaddon, 3x5 Legionaries, Falkus (Termie Lord w/dual Claws and lots of Warlord Traits and gear), and Zaraphiston (one of the holders of that title who used Terminator armor. I think there was at least one). Not taking it to tournaments, but it's gonna be fun. 

It was the pet project of a friend who recently died of leukemia and I plan to finish it for him. Already have all the models, so now it's just time and sweat.

Edited by GreaterChickenofTzeentch

Despite the changes to terminator&chosen weapons, the army list looks kind of fun, and strong.

Obliterators got a huge glow up as well, just reading it made me want to break out my 3rd ed 9 obliterator Iron Warriors - combo with MoP to heal and bring them back.

As a Thousand Son player, it makes me sad to see a lot of strong/unrestricted/just plain better psychic options than...Thousand Sons get, but it is what it is. Gift of Chaos/whatever is super strong and a million times better than the old "roll better than toughness" version. That power is actually insane, with no MW cap, if I'm reading it right? 

Secondaries all seem fun, and reward specific army builds/playstyles.

I was starting a TS army, but now adapting them to become Alpha Legion.

It works because I had already painted them turquiose (green with blue ink to make it), and my DP is a cockatrice so kinda serpenty.

Here is what I am aiming to get (# means I still need to get them)

Dark Apostle + Mark of Tzeench

Master of Possession + Mark of Tzeench

5 Legionaries + meltagun

5 Legionaries + meltagun

#5Legionaries + meltagun

9 Rubrics with flamers + Mark of Tzeench

9 Rubrics with flamers + Mark of Tzeench

9 Rubrics with flamers + Mark of Tzeench

Helbrute + Lascannon + Mark of Tzeench

#5 Possessed

#5 Possessed

2 Spawn

2 Spawn

#Venomcrawler 

Havocs + Lascannon + Mark of Tzeench

Comes in at 1999 so very Tzeenchy

Could delete the Venomcrawler and change the lascannons of the Havocs and the Helbrute to upgrade the Apostle to a DP and increase the spawn to 4 each.

I havent figured out a direction yet with my IW. I already have somethign like 8k in 30 IWs so I think I can pull something together once I take a better look. I know I put some traits and relics together and had a T6 terminator lord who was pretty beefy.

I had begun an EC army about a year ago once I found Noise Marine STL files and got a bunch painted but then rumors of how they were going to screw over terminators started being circulated after what they did to DG terminators and I put them on hold. They have an awesome secondary, Noise Marines were buffed up so I am pushing forward with that plan. I am using a variety of units including both possessed and chosen(based on 30k Palatine Blades). I will have to swap some weapons from the one terminator squad I had finished since the big screw over but its better than letting them go to waste or tossing them into "the vat" for a future repaint.

Red Corsairs- I am using 20 of my current terminators and building a force from this. I am designing it to be an in your face force led by a lord in termy armor with the RC trait angel of hatred, the 2 mortal wounds daemon weapon, and terminator relic, and a term champion with the black rune for what I hope is a really nasty block of troops. Then a couple bare biker squads to do objectives, some legionaires and a few other odds and ends. Huron when I get around to him will be in a rhino with some boys. I wish he was still in terminator armor.

I threw my paint night lords into the Vat. I am extremely unhappy with their rules and what they did to the characters so rather than fight the codex and be pissed at what GW did to my favorite legion and how it operates I decided to just put their models to use elsewhere. Still doing the 30k versions though so lightning bolts are still on the table.

My current Emperor's Children / Creations of Bile thinking (I want the option to play either or for now at least) is leaning towards something like:

Lord Discordant - Warlord: Unholy Fortitude

Master of Possession - Relic: Liber Hereticus, Pact of Flesh, Mutated Invigoration

Dark Apostle - Illusory Supplication

5 Noise Marines - 1 Blastmaster, 4 Sonic Blaster, Doom Siren

5 Noise Marines - 1 Blastmaster, 4 Sonic Blaster, Doom Siren

5 Legionaries - Balefire Tome

10 Cultists

10 Terminators - Chainfist, 2 Powerfist, 3 Combi-Melta, Trophy: Black Rune of Damnation

10 Possessed

Hellbrute - Multi-Melta

Venomcrawler

2 Obliterators

Mark of Slaanesh on everything for obvious reasons!

Just waiting to find out when we'll be able to get our hands on the new Possessed and if we'll ever be able to get any more of the Shadowspear Chaos stuff!

Got a GT Next weekend Throwing different list around but this is a list im sitting on.

9th edition Death Star, Abaddon & Terminator's Hit the center and hold and Abaddon keeps going head first into the enemy lines

Tanshuman to hit no rerolls on the terminators, minus 1 to wound and with Delightful agonies on the Terminators also, Priest can cast Slaneesh prayer to advance and charge on Abaddon and the red corsair trait on the terminators 9-man Obsec terminators that advance and charge, hopefully this is a option too difficult not to shoot at giving my Possessed and Chosen a chance to get across the board, demon engines for support

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [114 PL, 4CP, 1,997pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [6CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) 

Detachment Command Cost

Gametype: 4. Chapter Approved: War Zone Nephilim

Legion: Black Legion

+ HQ +

Abaddon the Despoiler : 3. Merciless Overseer, 5. Eternal Vendetta, 6. Paragon of Hatred, Stratagem: Warlord Trait

Dark Apostle : Illusory Supplication, Mark of Slaanesh
. 2x Dark Disciple: 2x Close combat weapon

Master of Possession: Mark of Slaanesh, Pact of Flesh, Warp Marked

+ Troops +

Cultist Mob 
. 9x Chaos Cultist w/ cultist firearm: 9x Cultist firearm, 9x Frag & Krak grenades
. Cultist Champion: Autopistol

Cultist Mob 
. 9x Chaos Cultist w/ cultist firearm: 9x Cultist firearm, 9x Frag & Krak grenades
. Cultist Champion: Autopistol

Legionaries Chaos Undivided
. Aspiring Champion: Astartes chainsword, Boltgun
. 4x Marine w/ astartes chainsword: 4x Astartes chainsword, 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades

+ Elites +

Chaos Terminator Squad: Mark of Slaanesh
. Chaos Terminator: Accursed weapon, Combi-bolter
. Terminator Champion: Accursed weapon, Black Rune of Damnation, Combi-bolter, Trophies of the Long War

Chosen: Mark of Slaanesh
. Chosen: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
. Chosen Champion: Bolt pistol, Boltgun

Possessed: Possessed Champion
. 4x Possessed: 4x Hideous mutations

+ Fast Attack +

Venomcrawler

Venomcrawler 

+ Heavy Support +

Forgefiend : 2x Ectoplasma cannons, Ectoplasma cannon

Obliterators 
. 3x Obliterator: 3x Crushing fists, 3x Fleshmetal guns

++ Total: [114 PL, 4CP, 1,997pts] ++

Edited by Guzzlrr

I managed to fit most if the stuff I wanted into 2500pts, just short of a brigade detachment.

I don't know how competitive it is but it has everything I like - renegades, daemon engines, cannon fodder and Thudd Guns. The Chosen are riding with the Achilles.

++Manticoria 2500pts++
++ Battalion Detachment ++

Legion: Iron Warriors

+ HQ +

Lord Discordant on Helstalker [10 PL, -2CP, 190pts]: 2. Daemonsmith, Baleflamer, Mark of Tzeentch, Q'O'Ak, the Boundless, Techno-virus injector, Warlord

Master of Possession [7 PL, 120pts]: Mark of Tzeentch

+ Troops +

Accursed Cultists [6 PL, 105pts]
. 10x Mutant: 10x Blasphemous appendages
. 3x Torment: 3x Hideous mutations

Accursed Cultists [6 PL, 105pts]
. 10x Mutant: 10x Blasphemous appendages
. 3x Torment: 3x Hideous mutations

Cultist Mob [5 PL, 90pts]
. 17x Chaos Cultist w/ cultist firearm: 17x Cultist firearm, 17x Frag & Krak grenades
. Cultist Champion: Bolt pistol

Cultist Mob [5 PL, 90pts]
. 17x Chaos Cultist w/ cultist firearm: 17x Cultist firearm, 17x Frag & Krak grenades
. Cultist Champion: Bolt pistol

Legionaries [7 PL, 150pts]: Chaos Icon, Mark of Tzeentch
. Aspiring Champion: Boltgun, Tainted chainaxe
. Marine w/ balefire tome: Balefire tome
. 2x Marine w/ boltgun: 2x Bolt pistol, 2x Boltgun, 2x Frag & Krak grenades
. Marine w/ heavy weapon: Reaper chaincannon

Legionaries [7 PL, 150pts]: Chaos Icon, Mark of Tzeentch
. Aspiring Champion: Boltgun, Tainted chainaxe
. Marine w/ balefire tome: Balefire tome
. Marine w/ heavy weapon: Reaper chaincannon

+ Elites +

Chosen [8 PL, 175pts]: Chaos Icon, Mark of Slaanesh
. Chosen: Bolt pistol, Combi-plasma
. Chosen: Boltgun, Plasma pistol
. Chosen Champion: Bolt pistol, Combi-plasma

Decimator [9 PL, 160pts]: 2x Decimator butcher cannon

Helbrute [7 PL, 130pts]: Mark of Tzeentch, Power scourge, Twin heavy bolter

+ Fast Attack +

Venomcrawler [6 PL, 105pts]

Venomcrawler [6 PL, 105pts]

Warp Talons [7 PL, 140pts]: Warp Talon Champion
. 4x Warp Talon: 4x Warp claws

+ Heavy Support +

Chaos Land Raider Achilles [16 PL, 310pts]
2x Twin hellforged multi-melta

Chaos Rapier Carrier [5 PL, 110pts]: Quad launcher

Obliterators [15 PL, 270pts]
. 3x Obliterator: 3x Crushing fists, 3x Fleshmetal guns

++ Total: [132 PL, 4CP, 2,500pts] ++

Edited by Tipsy Techpriest

1 hour ago, Gree said:

The wording is somewhat awkward, but I believe Gifts of Chaos let's you give a Marked model a second relic that isn't a daemon weapon. So a Marked Chaos character can have two relics under certain conditions. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

You can do two Relics on a Marked model via that Stratagem, but one MUST replace a weapon. Doesn't have to be a Daemon Weapon. So, for example, Inferno Tome and either Warp's Malice or Black Mace on a Dark Apostle with a Mark is legit.

This is my just for fun EC list. It is not meant to be competitive just for friendly games.

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [97 PL, 4CP, 2,000pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost

Legion: Emperor's Children

+ HQ +

Daemon Prince with Wings [11 PL, 180pts]: Death Hex, Hellforged sword, Mark of Slaanesh, Wings

Lucius the Eternal [5 PL, -1CP, 120pts]: 4. Faultless Duellist, Stratagem: Warlord Trait, Warlord

Master of Possession [7 PL, 120pts]: Mark of Slaanesh, Mutated Invigoration, Pact of Flesh

+ Troops +

Noise Marines [6 PL, 140pts]
. Marine w/ blastmaster: Blastmaster
. 3x Marine w/ sonic blaster: 3x Bolt pistol, 3x Frag & Krak grenades, 3x Sonic blaster
. Noise Champion: Astartes chainsword, Sonic blaster

. 3x Marine w/ sonic blaster: 3x Bolt pistol, 3x Frag & Krak grenades, 3x Sonic blaster

+ Elites +

Chaos Contemptor Dreadnought [8 PL, -1CP, 190pts]: 2x Twin lascannon

Helbrute [7 PL, 140pts]: Mark of Slaanesh, Power scourge, Twin lascannon

Possessed [7 PL, 140pts]: Possessed Champion

Possessed [7 PL, 140pts]: Possessed Champion

+ Fast Attack +

Warp Talons [7 PL, 140pts]: Warp Talon Champion
. 4x Warp Talon: 4x Warp claws

+ Heavy Support +

Chaos Land Raider [14 PL, 270pts]: Havoc launcher

++ Total: [97 PL, 4CP, 2,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Edited by Bulwyf

For Black Lions, I'm running a Patrol.....starting with 1CP under GT rules

Terminator Lord (Khorne, Combi-Melta, Power Sword, Lord of the Ezekarion: Paragon of Hatred and Flames of Spite, Gifts of Chaos: Mantle of Traitors and Blade of the Relentless)

Dark Apostle (Khorne, Dark Zealotry, Wrathful Entreaty, Warp-Sight Plea)

Cypher

2x10 Legionaries (Khorne, Icon, Plasma Gun, Heavy Chainaxe, Missile Launcher, Power Sword in one squad, Fist in another)

10 Terminators (Khorne, Black Rune, 4 Combi-Meltas, 2 Combi-Plasmas, 2 Reapers, 2 Pairs of Accursed Weapons, 6 other Accursed Weapons, 2 Chainfists)

2x9 Bikers (Khorne, Icon, Chainswords, 2 Meltaguns, Power Sword)

5 Havocs (Khorne, 2 Lascannons, 2 Havoc Autocannons, Plasma Gun, Astartes Chainsword)

Forward pressure with 18 bikes while Legionaries and Havocs march forward.....Havocs in Destruction all game due to Wrathful Entreaty. Legionaries don't mind rocking Missile Launchers, since the +1 to hit closest can offset moving if necessary. Terminators drop to compound the pressure. Lord can reroll charges with 8 attacks and does 2 mortal wounds in CC on each 6 to hit, another mortal wound + normal damage on 6 to wound and can reroll both to fish for 6's. First Epic Deed is free, so he can give himself or someone else all 3 "Wantons" when he drops for 0 CP.

Sounds fun. We'll see how it does.

Edited by GreaterChickenofTzeentch

1 hour ago, Gree said:

The wording is somewhat awkward, but I believe Gifts of Chaos let's you give a Marked model a second relic that isn't a daemon weapon. So a Marked Chaos character can have two relics under certain conditions. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

8 minutes ago, GreaterChickenofTzeentch said:

You can do two Relics on a Marked model via that Stratagem, but one MUST replace a weapon. Doesn't have to be a Daemon Weapon. So, for example, Inferno Tome and either Warp's Malice or Black Mace on a Dark Apostle with a Mark is legit.

Gifts of Chaos allows a character with a Mark to take a second relic provided that 1) one of those relics replaces a weapon and 2) neither can be a Daemon Weapon.

So your example of Black Mace and Inferno Tome is fine, but an example earlier in the thread of Ul'o'cca The Black and Armour of Badab is unfortunately prohibited. 

Keeps tripping me up too when I am thinking about Character equipment - I either want two pieces that aren't weapons, or I want a Daemon Weapon alongside something else, so have to go back to the drawing board.

1 hour ago, Gothical said:

Gifts of Chaos allows a character with a Mark to take a second relic provided that 1) one of those relics replaces a weapon and 2) neither can be a Daemon Weapon.

So your example of Black Mace and Inferno Tome is fine, but an example earlier in the thread of Ul'o'cca The Black and Armour of Badab is unfortunately prohibited. 

Keeps tripping me up too when I am thinking about Character equipment - I either want two pieces that aren't weapons, or I want a Daemon Weapon alongside something else, so have to go back to the drawing board.

Wow....yeah. I specifically read that twice before I posted but still missed it. So yeah, If you do two Relics one must be a weapon and no Daemon Weapons at all.

Emperor's Children - 1997 points

Lord Discordant - Default Wargear Mark of Slaanesh - 190 points

Dark Apostle - Default Wargear, Mark of Slaanesh, knows Dark Zealotry, Blissful Devotion, Illusory Supplication- 110 points

Lucius - Default -120 points

10x Legionaries - Chainswords, Powerfist, Heavy Chainaxe, Mos, Icon, Balefire Tome, Knows prescience, Delightful Agonies - 240 points

9x Legionaries - Chainswords, Powerfist, Heavy Chainaxe, Mos, Icon, Balefire Tome, Knows Diabolic Strength, Delightful Agonies, also has the Black Rune of Damnation -222 points

5x Noise Marines - 4x Sonic Blaster 1x Blast Master -140 points

5x Noise Marines - 4x Sonic Blaster 1x Blast Master -140 points

10x Cultists - Autoguns or whatever they're called - 50 points

5x Terminators - 3 Power Fists, 1 Chainfist, 1 accursed weapon, 2 melta, 2 flamer, 1 heavy flamer, MoS, black mace to replace Accursed weapon -225 points

5x Havocs - 2 Lascannons, 2 Missile Launchers, MoS - 160 points

1x Venom Crawler - Default - 105 points

1x Dreadclaw Drop Pod - Default - 115 points

1x Contemptor Dreadnought - Chainfist, Graviton Blaster, Volkite Culverin, MoS - 180 points

Typically secondaries will be "Paint the Canvas Eclectic", "For the Dark Gods", and "Behind Enemy Lines"

The idea is to go into defensive mode with Illusory Supplication and Delightful agonies. In every mission I should be able to walk an obsec unit onto the closest two table quarters to do "For the Dark Gods". Then the squad of 9 Legionaries and Lucius goes into the drop pod to try and get a cheeky third, depending on opponent's positioning, cover, and the likelihood of my units surviving the following turn. With Lash of torment, Black rune of damnation, and maybe Delightful agonies (from the other legionaries or if I have Lucius preform the action) the Legionaries should be able to survive whatever the opponent tries to throw at them, then be ready to march onward but it probably wont work if my opponent is good. In any case though, it can shift my opponent off their game plan, and I can adjust what goes in the drop pod for alternate battle plans. 

The terminators are small but juiced to limit my opponent's capability to screen them, but they should be able to clear any unit of obsec in the game to back cap an objective. Always going to save at least 2 CP for the turn they come down.

Havocs are there because my opponent brought a spartan against my previous list and it gave me PTSD (he scored 4 6's when overwatching a charge against it) With Murderous perfection I will be doing some consistent damage. Missile launchers are there in case there are no targets for the lascannons. Plus objective humping, you know.

Everything else should be footslogging up the board. Defensive spells, prayers, etc. when needed, then shift to offense when the opportunity presents itself. I'll probably put all the infantry on one side and all the vehicles + cultists on another to feign a split push. Then advance all the vehicles towards the infantry, cultists get to stand there and be a scoring threat that my opponent has to send *something* at. The idea here is to concentrate my forces and divide my opponent's to make Paint the Canvas Eclectic easier, and ultimately try to max out behind enemy lines. 

I think this should be a strong strategy, whether first turn or second. It has a lot of room for flexibility, it has a psychological element to it, which is good for tournaments where people are pretty stressed. The tactics I've mentioned above generally preform well without openly abusing unintended or overpowered interactions.

Anyway, that's my thesis, I've been working on it all weekend, what do you think?

Command Points?  I think you mean Coward Points.

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [108 PL, , 1,899pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost

+ HQ +

Dark Apostle [6 PL, -2CP, 110pts]: 6. Implacable Taskmaster, Mark of Tzeentch, Omen of Potency, Q'O'Ak, the Boundless, Stratagem: Relic, Stratagem: Warlord Trait, Warlord
. 2x Dark Disciple: 2x Close combat weapon

Lord Discordant on Helstalker [10 PL, -2CP, 190pts]: 1. Flames of Spite, Aspiring Lord, Gifts of Chaos, Helstalker autocannon, Mark of Khorne, Techno-virus injector, Z'aall, The Wrathful

Master of Possession [7 PL, -1CP, 120pts]: Eye of Tzeentch, Gifts of Chaos, Mark of Tzeentch, Pact of Flesh, Warp Marked

+ Troops +

Legionaries [7 PL, 120pts]: Chaos Icon, Mark of Tzeentch
. Aspiring Champion: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
. 3x Marine w/ boltgun: 3x Bolt pistol, 3x Boltgun, 3x Frag & Krak grenades
. Marine w/ heavy weapon: Havoc autocannon

Legionaries [7 PL, 140pts]: Chaos Icon, Mark of Tzeentch
. Marine w/ balefire tome: Balefire tome, Prescience

Legionaries [13 PL, 240pts]: Chaos Icon, Mark of Tzeentch
. Marine w/ balefire tome: Balefire tome, Death Hex
. 6x Marine w/ boltgun: 6x Bolt pistol, 6x Boltgun, 6x Frag & Krak grenades
. Marine w/ heavy weapon: Heavy bolter

Legionaries [13 PL, 166pts]: Chaos Icon, Mark of Khorne
. Aspiring Champion: Bolt pistol, Daemon blade
. 5x Marine w/ astartes chainsword: 5x Astartes chainsword, 5x Bolt pistol, 5x Frag & Krak grenades
. Marine w/ heavy chainaxe: Heavy chainaxe

Legionaries [13 PL, 148pts]: Chaos Icon, Mark of Khorne
. Aspiring Champion: Bolt pistol, Daemon blade
. 4x Marine w/ astartes chainsword: 4x Astartes chainsword, 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Marine w/ heavy chainaxe: Heavy chainaxe

+ Elites +

Chaos Terminator Squad [9 PL, -1CP, 190pts]: Chaos Undivided
. Chaos Terminator: Combi-bolter, Power fist
. Chaos Terminator: Chainfist, Reaper autocannon
. Terminator Champion: Accursed weapon, Combi-bolter, The Black Mace, Trophies of the Long War

+ Heavy Support +

Forgefiend [8 PL, 155pts]: 2x Ectoplasma cannons, Ectoplasma cannon

Havocs [8 PL, 170pts]: Mark of Tzeentch
. Havoc Champion: Astartes chainsword, Plasma gun
. 4x Havoc w/ reaper chaincannon: 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Reaper chaincannon

Maulerfiend [7 PL, 150pts]: Lasher tendrils

++ Fortification Network 0CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [5 PL, 100pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost: Command Benefit

+ Fortification +

Noctilith Crown [5 PL, 100pts]

++ Total: [113 PL, 1,999pts] ++

Core tactics is I march at the enemy and kill them.