9E Codex lore/art content?

I'm on the fence about buying the new codex - it costs as much as a whole box of miniatures and it'll take up vanishingly rare space on my cramped bookcase - so I'd like an idea of the contents that aren't really being covered in the reviews I've seen: The lore, background, amount of new artwork, and any hobby content it might have.

Since Kill Team is my main game these days and I'm unlikely to actually use the CSM codex for gaming purposes, the rules aren't the main reason I'd be getting this book. So, is it worth investing in for the other stuff? (I didn't really think the Death Guard codex was, and I've been a bit wary of shelling out for any more 'dexes this edition since that one.)

The 8th edition codex's fluff was mostly based around a timeline of different events and background for each legion, plus a page dedicated to every unit in the codex. The fluff in the 9th codex is mostly centered around multipage narratives. One narrative has a Chaos Lord talking to an oracle, who scries his future, talking about all the possible fates for him and his warband, there are like two dozen things she talks about across six pages. It gives you a really brief but varied view on all the different narrative situations and such. Overall I say the lore and artwork in the 8th and 9th codexes are complimentary rather than redundant., which is nice.

Edited by TheWillTheWay