Problems with Home Made Decals

I tried printing out a standard Space Marine decal page from here and I it looks like I am having some issues here.  I printed the page out on an inkjet printer with some MicroMax clear Inkjet decal paper.   I did a test run first to see how they turn out and here is what I got:

20220706_183226.thumb.jpg.66d4ed62f52d583323c66584202ed301.jpg

Now my issue is not exactly the decal job, this is just a test.  What I was looking for is if the color would come through a lot more brighter and this is not what I was expecting.  I am working on Crimson Fists so I am trying to go for the following look:

20220706_183319.thumb.jpg.02aef65105fc01fd51b8a439c1740362.jpg

Clearly a big difference even though this looks like it needs a little micro sol and some touch up painting.  A few questions here for anyone who can help.  Has anyone else had the same problems and how did you overcome it?  Is a laser printed sheet going to work better?  Would you make any other recommendations?  

Thanks!

I tried printing my own Decals and it failed.

I would rather recommend going to store that öfters decal printing Service or getting some good quality third party Decals.

For my Heresy era Imperial Fists i added some from the mighty brush and you can get the Crimson Fist variant too

https://www.themightybrush.com/product/gloved-fists-transfers-decals/

I can really recommend them, their quality is in the same level as Forgeworld.

Thank's Bung.  I am not against the idea, and the website that you mentioned does have some nice decals on it.  I will think on it, but I still want to figure this out if at all possible.  There is more than squad markings that I want to be able make into a decal.  

If you have the design ready you could look into a printing Service with more experience.

I think a bit of your problem is the Printer ink in combination with Micro Sol / Set, as those chemicals may react with the printer ink.

15 hours ago, Brother Adelard said:

Personally, I'd avoid The Mighty Brush transfers like the plague. I've found them awful to work with 

I recommend Scumb4g Kustoms on Facebook, message them and they'll probably do what you need.

I dont see your Problems.

I use The Mighty Brush Decals along with FW ones and dont have any problems at all.

I use Micro Sol / Set to fix them.

It's not just me, there was a recent thread about them in the forge. Someone having issues with transfers, and all of the usual advice was rendered moot because the transfers were TMB. 

I find that the larger ones curl as soon as you pick them up, and are almost impossible to lie flat. 

6 hours ago, Brother Adelard said:

It's not just me, there was a recent thread about them in the forge. Someone having issues with transfers, and all of the usual advice was rendered moot because the transfers were TMB. 

I find that the larger ones curl as soon as you pick them up, and are almost impossible to lie flat. 

Then we work different.

I had no problems with folding or such with TMB decals.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Brother Pablo said:

I may get a hold of Scumb4g and see what he can do.  I just thought of this but I am at a new office, and perhaps the copiers or the laser printers can do instead of using the inkjets that I was using.  Does a laser printer do that much of a better job on these decals?

Was the previous company Fallout Hobbies? Currently waiting over 2 months for a normal order and a custom order from them...