Horus Heresy Movie Fictitious

abaddon3564

Ray Stevenson

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/gallery/2004/07/26/arthoiuoeuoiuoiuoiuoiue.jpg

James Purefoy

http://www.hbo.com/rome/img/cast/actor/actor_jamespurefoy.jpg

Kevin McKid

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/content/images/2007/04/13/kevin_mckidd_396x222.jpg

Sean Bean

http://entimg.msn.com/i/gal/Hitcher/SeanBean_400.jpg

Ralf Moeller (far left)

http://www.german-films.de/content/1/focus12.jpg

Gerrard Butler

http://www.freewebs.com/phantom_gerard/Gerard_Butler_134742a.jpg

All would be great for space marine captains IMO, would love to see them in these films were they ever to be made..

As much as I am against usign purely HOLLYWOOD names for movies like this (I think it is soemthing that requieres thespians..)

DO you not think hugh jackman has a perfect Abbaddon face? Thogh maybe he lacks the age/battle scares but they could obviously be put in post-production..

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r129/spicypants/CSmack/hugh1.jpg

He also has a good build..

Corax: edward norton

angron: the guy who played leonidas in 300.... cuz your gonna have to yell alot to play angron, methings

the emperor: anthony hopkins (sean connery would be another good one here)

fulgrim: jaoquin phoenix (i agree with various posters on this one)

Horus: arnie (cuz i think my choices for some of the mournival kinda look like him, the rock, and jean claude van damme) especially if he went with some conan hair styles

Lorgar: christopher walken

sanguinius: kevin sorbo, or fabio (mostly cuz they have the hair for it)

perturabo: kurt russel

guilliman: sam eliot (he could get rid of the moustache if he really wanted to, but he rather fits the straight arrow, do gooder that the UMs are)

the lion: val kilmer (because its easy to find an actor who doesnt get along with him to play russ)

mortarion: christian bale (as long as he went with the look he had in "the machinist"... that was abit creepy, like id imagine mortarion to be)

magnus the red: johnny depp... he'd do a good job of a one eyed character

Dorn: i think jason statham would do a pretty goo dorn.

Dreadnought6107, your comment about heath ledger was hilarious!!

IMO Chartcters have to have some build, you cannot look liek a little man in a big suit of armour, it would look silly.

Johnny Depp, Sam Elliot etc are way too small toplay space marines IMO, sam Elliot has never been big, now he is in his 60s, and smaller than ever, it would be completely wrong for him to play Guilliman who is meant to be a 'Giant Of A Man'

There is only so much CGI can do..

I think Joaquin for Fulgrim would be a good idea facially though

I'd also like to see Christian Bale in this movie...

do the primarchs really need to be built the same as a SM?? i seem to remember seeing the picture of khan and seeing that he is really thin in the picture.

Im not sure what pic that is? Only pics I have seen of Kahn he hasnt looked thin at all, he had mongol-esque type clothing on that might have made him look slightly thinER than a suit of mark V armour would..

And ther is PRIMARCH thin, and normal thin

a 'thin' Primarch would still be around 7-8 feet tall and about half a ton, and he would still be massively bigger than normal humans & normal space marines

TBH

If this ever happeend and the producers were to go with such 'posterboy' actors for all the main roles I'd be furious

People like Bradd pitt, Johhny depp etc...im sorry I really dont mean to sound negative or disrespectful of other peopels choices but they have no place in this sort of movie..peopel that can act well & fit the role are needed, not simply the biggest stars of the day..

And lets not forgetall the accents in this movie would be british.

Ray Stevenson

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/gallery/2004/07/26/arthoiuoeuoiuoiuoiuoiue.jpg

James Purefoy

http://www.hbo.com/rome/img/cast/actor/actor_jamespurefoy.jpg

Kevin McKid

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/content/images/2007/04/13/kevin_mckidd_396x222.jpg

Sean Bean

http://entimg.msn.com/i/gal/Hitcher/SeanBean_400.jpg

Ralf Moeller (far left)

http://www.german-films.de/content/1/focus12.jpg

Gerrard Butlerhttp://www.freewebs.com/phantom_gerard/Gerard_Butler_134742a.jpg

All would be great for space marine captains IMO, would love to see them in these films were they ever to be made..

Wow that i have to say is a great cast. All good british actors as well (apart from the big bugger in Gladiator), they would fit perfectly as Astartes.

As much as I am against usign purely HOLLYWOOD names for movies like this (I think it is soemthing that requieres thespians..)

DO you not think hugh jackman has a perfect Abbaddon face? Thogh maybe he lacks the age/battle scares but they could obviously be put in post-production..

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r129/spicypants/CSmack/hugh1.jpg

I also agree that he has a very Abaddon "face", can see him suiting the role perfectly. ;)

i dont see why all the actors would NEED to have british accents, after all, how many 40k characters have germanic names?? also, if truth be told "high gothic" is in fact one form of the german language, so they still wont need british accents. certain characters, like dorn would need to have the accent, but i could see guilliman having a french accent. russ should have something of a swedish accent, being that fenris is essentially the vikings that have taken to space, and their language im sure would be much similar to that.

lorgar would need simply to have a very preachy kind of voice/accent that you would easily be drawn to.

as for hugh jackman playing abaddon, i didnt think that abaddon wore lightning claws :P ohh wait, thats still x-men there..... though i did think of someone who, generally would be perfect to play a wolf guard type character in the SW: brendan gleeson (campbell in braveheart, or the brother of agamemnon in troy)

also, another actor i just thought of who could play a primarch is clancy brown (kurgan from the original highlander movie, also Gunnar from the movie Pathfinder, and other similar type roles) he's a large guy, rather well built for a primarch part, and is decent enough acting with a sword/ medieval weapon to be convincing.

i dont see why all the actors would NEED to have british accents, after all, how many 40k characters have germanic names?? also, if truth be told "high gothic" is in fact one form of the german language, so they still wont need british accents. certain characters, like dorn would need to have the accent, but i could see guilliman having a french accent. russ should have something of a swedish accent, being that fenris is essentially the vikings that have taken to space, and their language im sure would be much similar to that.

lorgar would need simply to have a very preachy kind of voice/accent that you would easily be drawn to.

as for hugh jackman playing abaddon, i didnt think that abaddon wore lightning claws :D ohh wait, thats still x-men there..... though i did think of someone who, generally would be perfect to play a wolf guard type character in the SW: brendan gleeson (campbell in braveheart, or the brother of agamemnon in troy)

also, another actor i just thought of who could play a primarch is clancy brown (kurgan from the original highlander movie, also Gunnar from the movie Pathfinder, and other similar type roles) he's a large guy, rather well built for a primarch part, and is decent enough acting with a sword/ medieval weapon to be convincing.

High Gothic is a british accent though...

I'd imagine the Space wolves would have an accent similar to the Dwarves in LOTR, since they also drew a LOT from Norse culture, I have always imagined the wolves to talk like that, like early anglo saxons, maybe because in my head that is more of a manly, rough accent where as Sweedish seems more soft-spoken to me..

But I agree there would be some germanic/european accents amongst the space marines & I would find this acceptable..

Since all the primarchs grew up on different plants and most spoke differnt languages before they met the Emperor this is only right...

However I just cant see french going with a space marine :P

I guess why i was so strong on the point is (being that some of the actors mentioned were american) I definately would not want to see the likes of Bradd pit stroling arouind in a suit of power armour with an american accent, or the faux-british accent he had in Troy.

also TBH a lot of the cast of 300 would probabyl make great space marines

Fulgrim

Jason Issacs all the way for Primarch of the III Legion

to be honest lol i cant beleive i didnt think of him, perfect fulgrim except for his size..

ohh yeah, just looked up that jason isaacs fellow, most definitely fulgrim, especially if he puts on his role that he had in "the patriot"

i suppose i should clarify, by swedish i meant the scandanavian languages common today, icelandic does tend to sound gutteral and manly, watch the movie pathfinder (which has clancy brown, who would fit most any primarch, i just havent decided exactly which one yet) but in either event, a decent scandanavian language should suffice for fenris.

if french doesnt really fit with a SM, i would think that it would be perfect for the EC characters, being that they are for the most part all haughty and aloof characters, and what better accent to have for that then the ultimate aloof language out there??? lol

it may be the american in me, but i think that if john wayne were alive, he would absolutely HAVE to be in a HH movie.

hey, maybe brad pitt and keanu reaves could play the deathshroud!!! (mortarions personal body guard :) )

Just to tell you guys that at one point a company teamed up with game workshop to make a 40k movie but sadly they stopped as it was too expensive for what they said not many people would watch and get into it B) , I think even non-games workshop people would watch it as it would have been so cool.

I got this info from the manager and staff at the store in Woking ( where game :devil: )

From what i heard they were eventually in talks with dreamworks but it all broke down because games workshop didn't want anybody else having any rights to their interlectual property. I think dreamworks wanted some rights to merchendising and gw feared thet we would have space marine lunch boxes and god knows how much other tat (although i'd of bought it all!) So no major film company wants to make a film that makes them no money from merchandise and gw didn't want to give it up to anyone. Again not sure how true but it defiinatly seems to make sense!

I have no idea who would play which character though the characters that i belive would be:

Have to agree with pulse. That big bad boy from Gladiator (Ralf Moeller) would just look the part as a primarch!

Christian Bale would play a really good Lucius (I dont think he would suit playing a primarch, after seeing him destroy lives for fun in Equillibrium, he would suit the role of a swords master with a bit of attitude! :cry: )

Christopher Walken always plays a superb bad guy when called upon, perhaps Eidolon? (just has that maniacle look about him at times)

I think Eric Bana would play a decent role as Solomon Demeter?!

There are loads of actors famous and non famous that i really like but have no idea where they would fit? I am sure there would be a fair few people who would disagree with my choices. Certainly am not saying anyone elses choices of characters are wrong, there are some great choices (Jason Isaacs for one!) so please don't take me as being disrespectful to anyone elses choice! On an end note, Ed Norton is a class act though not quite sure where he would fit? Is there any one actor we can all agree on to play a particular role?

Since using famous actors is bad. And it would be CGI or crap I think we need to focus on voices (as we know what they look like, and they can be made to look as such. So here is my disputable list of accents.

The Emperor: German (particularly the wealthy sounding Prussian variation)

Horus: Latin (The luna wolves are romans)

Sanguinius: Italian (BA are kind of Italian)

Leman Russ: Nordic (Russ is a viking)

Rogal Dorn: Russian (The fist ares multinational, but Dorn is a Slav)

Janghatti Khan: Mongolian (don't even start arguing this)

Fulgrim: British (upper class british have that arrogance)

Lion'El Jonson: French (the cool crusader French, not the snooty kind)

Roboute Guillaman:Greek (his name sounds french but it isn't and so there! Hes a Greek.)

Korad Curze: American (Make him a NYC Italian after all its the right feel for a batman impersonator, from the Gotham of course)

Angron: Greek (Spartacus is Angron and Spartacus was Thracian therefore Greek)

Mortarion: Latin (Death Guard are very legionary)

Magnus: Egyptian (Look at the Rubrics, Magnus=Horus [the god])

Peturabo: Greek (they're olympians after all)

Corax: American ("We are the Raven Gaerd!" at the very least make him sound like Poe who was from Boston)

Alpharius: Indian (I think he'd be a cool in a heavy indian accent)

Ferrus Manus: Gaelic (Ferrus Manus is a Scotsman)

Lorgar: German (perhaps he's a Martin Luther)

Vulkan: African American (I don't care, but I want him to sound like DMX <_< )

Threads like this make me glad that a movie like this will never be made! :)

Gulliman ... French?!??!! I just can't stop thinking of him speaking like Inspector Cleuso from the Pink Panther movies ><

If this film were ever made in Hollywood, then expect a bunch of thesps to take all of the baddy roles (as is tradition). A heavily digitised Alan Rickmans Erebus whispering slidy temptations into the ear of Christian Bale's Horus (or maybe Karl Urban below) I can well imagine!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/Pacific81/MV5BMTQ2Mjg0NDQzMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTc.jpg

Although I don't think a film is that likely, looking at Brian Cox in Beowulf makes me think that such a film would be possible without having to resort to casting a bunch of WWF wrestlers! Apparently the forthcoming 'Avatar' by James Cameron will move the boundaries set by Beowulf even further, so it will be interesting to see how that film turns out!

Since using famous actors is bad. And it would be CGI or crap I think we need to focus on voices (as we know what they look like, and they can be made to look as such. So here is my disputable list of accents.

The Emperor: German (particularly the wealthy sounding Prussian variation)

Horus: Latin (The luna wolves are romans)

Sanguinius: Italian (BA are kind of Italian)

Leman Russ: Nordic (Russ is a viking)

Rogal Dorn: Russian (The fist ares multinational, but Dorn is a Slav)

Janghatti Khan: Mongolian (don't even start arguing this)

Fulgrim: British (upper class british have that arrogance)

Lion'El Jonson: French (the cool crusader French, not the snooty kind)

Roboute Guillaman:Greek (his name sounds french but it isn't and so there! Hes a Greek.)

Korad Curze: American (Make him a NYC Italian after all its the right feel for a batman impersonator, from the Gotham of course)

Angron: Greek (Spartacus is Angron and Spartacus was Thracian therefore Greek)

Mortarion: Latin (Death Guard are very legionary)

Magnus: Egyptian (Look at the Rubrics, Magnus=Horus [the god])

Peturabo: Greek (they're olympians after all)

Corax: American ("We are the Raven Gaerd!" at the very least make him sound like Poe who was from Boston)

Alpharius: Indian (I think he'd be a cool in a heavy indian accent)

Ferrus Manus: Gaelic (Ferrus Manus is a Scotsman)

Lorgar: German (perhaps he's a Martin Luther)

Vulkan: African American (I don't care, but I want him to sound like DMX :) )

ill start off with the ones i agree with. although, i think that these are more of a general CGI look they should have, not necessarily a voice accent, as some, i really dont agree with.

khan, if not mongolian accented, then at least an asian one.

russ... need i say more??

sanguinius, he is something of a papal figure type character (given he has a halo and wings)

lorgar... he does need a good preachy kind of voice however.. so whoever did it would need to sound like a preacher

corax... tho, not a boston type accent, he was born there, but didnt spend much time in boston, mostly in baltimore....

vulkan... maybe not DMX, but samuel l. jackson sounding... or michael clark duncan

curze.. dunno, just seems to fit with previous sentiments

mortarion... his name is rather latin, as are most of his captains.

the ones i dont agree with, and what i think they should sound like

the emperor... not so much german, as nondescript accented... he needs to be "above" that sort of thing.

horus.. not latin, because cthonic is a harsh gutteral language, and so a good NYC accent, or otherwise rough accent would work.

dorn.. should sound like a prussian military leader, hes the "greatest military mind" in the HH, and it should be reflected as such

fulgrim should sound aristocratic, personally, i like the french (snooty variety here) for him

lion'el johnson should have a romantic spanish accents... like benicio del toro, or some "sexy" spanish actor type accent

guilliman.. a decent british accent should work, as its easy to understand by most everyone... just not the high class variety, more like you's here on "lock stock and 2 smoking barrels" or "snatch"

angron.. i dunno about him... maybe the gerard butler accent.. at least from 300, because id imagine that angron has no volume control, and just yells all the time

magnus.. while i agree that he should look something like egyptian, he should have more of a scottish or irish accent, being that he is "the red"

perturabo... i think that he should have an accent similar to one of the greatest (arguably) seige generals in history, julius caesar, and so should be more clear, and latin in sounding

alpharius.. should look indian, but shouldnt sound it, because when i hear that accent, i think im in a convenience store, or a taxi... he should most definitely have a completely nondescript accent, as he is something of a subterfuge artist.

ferrus manus... again, he should look scottish, but not really sound it... ferrus manus is a latin name most definitely, though that doesnt really work. i think he should have something closer to a german or swiss accent.

Archived