Horus Heresy Movie Fictitious

abaddon3564

The Emperor: Difficult. It has to be someone who has a sort of radiant, sagacious air about them. Viggo Mortenson would be stunning.

Horus: Again, difficult. You have to have someone who can be at once sympathetic and grandiosely malevolent. I don't know why, but I keep thinking Christian Bale would do the part great justice.

Angron: Vinny Jones. Vinny Jones, Vinny Jones, Vinny Jones. Shave him bald, shove wires in his head, bung him in some armour and watch him fly. Either that, or just catch Russel Crow on any common or garden day.

Mortarion: Edward Norton.

Fulgrim: Ben Wishaw of "Perfume" fame.

Magnus the Red: Well, this guy will almost certainly be more than half C.G. and/or smothered in latex, but Anthony Hopkins, the voice of Christopher Lee, Ian McKellan or any other great "Old SchooL" British actor would lend him the necessary gravitas.

More after I've given it some thought...

Horus - A thick Scottish highland accent, thick and gutteral when speaking in native Cthonic - A finely spoken but not posh English accent when he is speaking "Imperial Gothic".

You'll never take my LEGION! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
i say chuck norris as the emperor

So he could defeat Horus with a roundhouse kick to the face.......? <_<

I think Mr T. should play the Emperor.

With Horus still at Istvaan the Emperor would just pity tha' foo'!!!!

Heresy ended.

'nuff said.

-_-

Ok First Time Poster, but here i go:

Emperor: Robert Duvall - would suit it to the max

Horus: Viggo Mortenson

Ferrus Manus: Brendan Gleeson

Night Haunter: Colin Farrel - he would just seem to fit the part

Sanginus: Ewan Mcgregor

Fulgrim:Hayden Christansen (anaken skywalker)

Mortarion: Bruce Willis - bald pale headed, perfect Death Lord

Guilliman: Wise old sage - Patrick Stewart

Corax: definatley Keanu Reeves (just take his Matrix role)

Angron: Dwayne Johnson the mad streak about him

Lion El'Johnson: Will Smith

Russ: Hugh Jackman

Vulcan: blank

Abaddon: Michael Clarke Duncan

Loken: Sean Bean from LoTR

Torgaddon: Karl Urban of LoTR

Aximand:John Rhys-Davies

Iacton Qruze: Cristopher Lee/Bernard Hill

Sinderman: Ian Mckellen

Euphrati Keeler: Jessica Beil

My List so far:

I was thinking Gerard Butler for Russ (watch him as Beowulf, he did a beowulf movie before that animated crap came out)

Samuel L Jackson for Vulcan, there is NO other choice.

Sean Bean for the Emperor, mianly beacuse the Emperor's origins are a mystery and it'd be kinda cool if he turns out to have pretty humble origins and Sean bean can play the common guy raised to riank pretty well.

Anybody who's seen Viggo Mortenson as Satan in the prophesy would agree he would be better off playing the Word Bearer Primarch, i don't think he would be suited to Horus.

Horus needs an actor with some serious gravitas, I reckon Hugo Weaving would pull it off well, especialy seeing his performance as V.

Sanguinius is the hardest one to cast, need someone who can pull off emo without going overboard and still look angelic. Christian Bale has the skill, not sure he has the look.

Dorn HAS to have a British accent, as does Guiliman they are quintesential English officers in power armour. Ioan Gruffud (from Hornblower and King Arthur) would make a very good Dorn in fact, he can play the rol;e of a duty bound, by the book sort of guy very well.

I'd cast Brad Pitt for fulgrim, he can pull of vain and still give the part the butch, combat edge it needs.

Clive Owen for Mortarion. nobody does grim as well as Clive Owen.

The Guy who played Sagat (forgot his name) in the streetfighter movie could play Jaghatai Khan and Russel crow could play Guilliman or Dorm.

Some of the Music should be done by Sabaton i think.

And last but not least, who should direct it.

actually, i think that michael clark duncan (as seen in The Green Mile, and DareDevil, among others) is the best choice to be Vulkan.

brendan gleeson, definitely russ... i mean, just LOOK at him in braveheart!!!!

actually, i found the perfect part for anthony hopkins!!!!!!! hehe, he should play fabius bile!!!!! (dr. hannibal lector anyone???)

jessica biel should play the greater slaaneshi daemon, in order to seduce fulgrim :)

i actually saw abit of the one, terrible batman movie (the one with poison ivy/bane in it) and thought that arnie as mr. freeze would make an excellent Mortarion.. especially since that suite had a sort of shroud that emitted gases to him and all that good stuff.

This topic rocks. I knew I wasn't the only one thinking about a half (or full) CGI 40K movie a la 300. It could actually work outside of the Warhammer fandom, with a proper PR campaign. Of course, you'd need a hundred mil to do it. Damn, if anyone here becomes a multibillionnaire, please, buy GW and make a 40K movie :)

Sanguinius:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1b/LuciusVorenus-ep03_1.jpg

That face says only one thing to me: Uriel Ventris. He'd be the perfect actor for that role. Or Loken, as a matter of fact.

By the way, the best Satan ever is Al Pacino. But not in Horus' brute way of course. I wonder if he'd fit in here...

Okay, from what I have read the theme seems to be to try and throw out a few not so well known actors for the primarchs, but make it so that they are somewhat known. So far my mind has only coughed up two idea, but I think both are really good, solid ideas.

Vulkan, Primarch of the Salamanders - Kevin Grevioux

Famous for his role as the large, deep voiced African American lycan, Raze in the vampire vs werewolf movie Underworld, this guy has the look, the voice, the background, and judging from his wikipedia page, possibly even a desire for such a role. He knows film, writing, and even develop of comic books, so this could be a very interesting choice.

Leman Russ, Primarch of the Space Wolves - Clancy Brown

After seeing him in the movie Pathfinder and seeing what a lot of facial fuzz and a deep use of the Icelandic language can do, this guy could pull the role of Russ without a hitch in my mind. He is well versed in roles such as this ranging from his appearance as Career Sergant Zim in Starship Troopers to numerous voice acting parts in well known cartoon and video games series. Crips he did the voice fro Lex Luther in the Superman and Justice League series, so if CGI is employed, he could pull off almost any of the required characters.

These are just idea to add ot the fire fellas, so feel free to say yea or nay. If you have no idea of whom I am speaking a simple google search will provide untold information.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so my many changing list is like this:

Emperor - Liam Neeson, big and noble.

Horus - Russel Crowe, a man who can command respect.

Sanguinius - Hayden Christiansen

Russ - Colin Farrell, that guy looks like he is barely supressing rage at all times.

Dorn - Ed Harris, 'nuff said.

The Lion - Brad Pitt.

Guillman - Thomas James, or Christopher Lambert

Kahn - Mr Fat

Angron - The Rock

Kurnze - Christopher Walken

Magnus the Red - Brendan Gleeson

Fulgrim - Jason Isaacs

Alpharius - Damien Lewis

Vulkan - Tony Todd

Perturabo - Vin Diesel

Ferrus Mannus - Eric Bana (hang on that would mean that Brad Pitt would, oh not again!)

Corax - Hugh Jackman (typcast ;))

Lorgar - Christian Bale

Mortarion - Clive Owen

This will probably change by the time I hit enter ;)

Emperor - Viggo Mortenson

Horus - Simon Templeman (Voice of Kain from the legacy of Kain games)

Sanguinius - Kevin Mc Kidd (Lucius Vorenus out of Rome)

Russ - Brendan Gleeson

Dorn - Sean Pertwee

The Lion - Gerard Butler

Guillman - Liam Neeson

Kahn - Chow yun fat

Angron - Vinnie Jones

Fulgrim - Jason Isaacs

Alpharius - Daniel Craig

Vulkan - Denzel Washington

Corax - Karl Urban

Lorgar - Russel Crowe

cant think of anyone for the others