Welsh hobbyists

wise_crak

I have relatives in Machynlleth, so would probably head for Cardiff, Newport or Swansea if I was over there. The annoying part is that there're no coastal trains, so it'll be kind of sucky until I'm driving legally.

Edited by Noble Korhedron

• 3 weeks later...

Cardiff here too. :smile.:

I just came back to the game and a friend introduced me to Firestorm. Nice place from what i have seen so far with a nice selection of games, materials, tables etc. I have heard rumours of a bar opening, but don't know if that actually exits yet. (i live in hope :tongue.: )

Have to admit I haven't played a game so far as I haven't got an army up and running yet. However once I do, I feel I shall be spending some quality time there. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I live in Cardiff with 2 other guys near the Millenium stadium, One of us is building Dark angels + ad mech, the other is building chaos and I'm building blood angels, I travel to powys often as my girlfriend lives in Brecon, hit us up, we're in the cardiff store at least twice a week :biggrin.:

Edited by Lord Rise

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know this may be a long shot but is anyone located in North Wales?

indeed. if you click my signature image for the FGC - flintshire gaming club, you can see all our details etc :smile.:

I know this may be a long shot but is anyone located in North Wales?

indeed. if you click my signature image for the FGC - flintshire gaming club, you can see all our details etc :smile.:

Yeah I looked you guys up, unfortunately I am a bit more into the boonies so to speak. Near Anglesey to be exact. We don't really get much out here (to be expected though..:sad.: ) so I was curious. Thanks though its not that far its still a bit more out of the way than from where I was hoping, though if I ever find myself in Flintshire I will be sure to look you guys up.:biggrin.:

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. I'm from Machynlleth, near Aberystwyth. Anybody near me?

Bit belated, but look up Kaotica at Aberystwyth University. Used to be a good crowd there when I was a student. :)

Cambrius

Hey man, it's Chris here - we met a few times at Kaotica actually. I had the Death Guard army back in the day?

I've checked out the FB group and it doesn't seem to have much going on nowadays.

• 2 years later...

Rhondda Gaming Club

Having moved and now settled in to a new venue, the Rhondda Gaming Club is looking to expand and recruit new members for it's gaming nights!

We can now be found at Cymclydach Community Centre, Tonypandy, CF40 2BD. Access it easy enough by car (parking is roadside) and the venue is on a bus route...

Wargaming is currently on a Sunday 1700-2200 (however, we have access all day to the building so earlier games can be arranged). We also do DnD on the Thursday evening 1830-2130, with space for smaller GW games (KT, Neromunda, BSF, etc) if desired. We are looking to expand this once we grow larger.

Walk-ins are £4 a session, or you can subscribe which is £10 a month (payable at the start of the month) and this gives you access to everything we do.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/328331331248656/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/RhonddaGaming

Feel free to send me, @Jolemai, a PM for more information (or contact the group on the above links) and hopefully we'll see you soon :smile.:

Edited by Jolemai

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Rhondda Gaming Club has just finished a (casual, Matched Play) five planet 40k campaign. Each planet was fought for over a number of weeks, tallying up the VPs from each faction, with the highest score claiming the planet. The winning factions were as follows:

1. Genestealer Cults
  2. Blood Angels
  3. Blood Angels
  4. Necrons
  5. Necrons

... who knows what will happen next?

In November there will be a mini tournament using the missions from Warzone Nephilim and in the meantime, there will be the usual spread of 40k, (non B&C appropriate games), and we should be giving the 30k rules a run out. Perhaps I'll see you there?