• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
He walked the hallowed halls, sounds of past glories echoing from shadowed corners.....He located the cogitator unit, coated in a thick layer of dust, and pressed the activation rune....A cloud of smoke poured from the unit as the dust was burned from its power manifold and a sliding bar of unitelligable words slid down the screen in a scrolling bar.....He struck the side of the unit, steadying the bar and showing the title of Another DIY Chapter Blog.....He wondered aloud "Now where was I?".....

• 1 year later...

"After what seemed to be an eternity he finally remembered where he'd left off, his fingers danced across the keys as he muttered "Time for something new"...

Hello all, I have returned from a long arduous quest in order to obtain the mythical "pint of milk" and actually have something to show for it :lol:

So without further ado, a new brother for my Crimson Fists....

med_gallery_39897_5762_705010.jpg

Also, to follow up from the "Test scheme ahoy" post in the Hall of Honour...

med_gallery_39897_5762_120185.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_579668.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_188308.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_493385.jpg

Not sure what Dynasty until I get the codex and I still need to finish their bases, but thoughts welcomed anyway :biggrin.:

Ahhh he returns! Welcome back, Razblood! Oh, we ran out of milk whilst you were on your last quest. I've had to make the teas and coffees for the Moderati as a newbie and I used the last of the supply. :P

The pink against the black is a great colour combo that stands out. Although I'd definitely recommend possibly giving the black armour a much sharper edge highlight with a paler grey to showcase the armour better, as it seems to be a little lost in the void when it comes to details.

The CF Captain however looks absolutely sublime! Nice use of GK bitz to make a unique commander for your sons of Rynn. :D

Cambrius

• 2 weeks later...

He's a Librarian rather than a Captain, but thanks for the kind words.

I get what you mean regarding the black, though the highlights are more obvious in person I'll probably go back and reinforce them a bit anyway :tu:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, I'm afraid I am going to be disappearing again for a while.

My wife passed away on Thursday night at the age of 33, I am completely broken and don't quite know what to do with myself.

I am writing this to try and steady my mind, but I don't think it's working.

I can't concentrate on anything right now so hobby will be going on the back burner fo I don't know how long.

I hope to be back at some point when I can come to terms with this, but if not I just want to say it's been fun.

Thank you to everyone who ever commented on this thread, you really helped me through some tough times when hobby was what let me focus on the positives.

Till we meet again brothers.

Razblood, there’s nothing we can say that alleviate the hurt, but when you can hobby again, we’ll be here.

The news you posted is probably some of the saddest I’ve seen around here, and you’ll be in my thoughts as well.  Find strength where you can and I hope you get many positive vibes to feed off as you are able.  Please take care.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Small update.

Currently working on the contemptor and finishing up building the heresy box. 

5 mk6 and the Spartan left to go.

Going pretty light on the weathering, pretty much just muddy greaves from walking through the quagmire of battle since the weathering pencils I planned to use don't seem to work too well over the blue.

But I'm happy with how everything is going with the scheme so far.

More pics soon.

On 10/14/2022 at 9:56 AM, Doghouse said:

Very nice stuff, I really like the lightening effect you have with these guys and that blue is seriously nice.

Thanks bud!

The blue has been a lot of trial and error, but I'm finally happy with it.

The lightning is surprisingly straightforward, I just let my shakes do their thing and avoid using pure white.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Well it's been a while, had a lot of health issues and lost my job so finding the motivation to do hobby has been pretty difficult.

Also trying to sort out armies to sell was really taking the wind out of my sails.

Though last week I got kinda bored during a bout of insomnia and accidentally started another army.

They're a lot further along than the pic, but I don't want to take more until they're all up to the same point.

DSC_0096.JPG