Stobz'z Legends.... Hello Darkness, my old friend...

Go to solution Solved by Interrogator Stobz,

Cheers guys,

Shabbz, It's not really a list, it's a Battle company, 10x10 + 6 + Chap (whom I have yet to purchase). Vehicles and other apoc formations (including even more infantry in the way of masters and DW/RW) are extra, probably about 6-10k off the top of my head

Capt Semper, All my razors have removable tops and can be made Rhinos, I keep forgetting to add the other 'lid' to the pics. Yup, the sgt gets his name on the vehicle instead of a squad banner (which I obviously don't do).

stobz

Awesome. I was hoping you would say it is a full Battle Company. I aspire to the same thing myself, so it is nice to see somebody else working on the same thing. I need about 4 more Rhinos, but I've got plenty of everything else. Well, I could use another box of Devastators for more heavy weapon variety, but I should instead be working on getting painted the ton of stuff that I already have.

Let's just say that you are waaay ahead of me at this point. ;)

Edited by shabbadoo

... but I should instead be working on getting painted the ton of stuff that I already have.

THIS^^^^^^ it's the point of this blog to keep me motivated to get it done before my busy work period over Nov-Feb, I don't think I'll make it but a good dent will have to suffice.

Get your camera out bud, that PA Belial of yours in the Belial thread is EPIC!! I want to see more!!

s

Stobz, they are all looking great! I think your newer power weapons look awesome with the less obvious than "normal" field design you have.

Question: I think I've got a decent highlight system down for my black armor, but I need to come up with a green highlight. How do you do yours? And on the shoulder pads, do you just make a line about 2 mm in from the raised pad border?

Stobz, they are all looking great! I think your newer power weapons look awesome with the less obvious than "normal" field design you have.

Question: I think I've got a decent highlight system down for my black armor, but I need to come up with a green highlight. How do you do yours? And on the shoulder pads, do you just make a line about 2 mm in from the raised pad border?

Cheers, My recipe for green is (currently);

Black undercoat,

DA Green basecoat,

Black wash,

Drybrush DA Green,

Highlight Woodland Green, OOP paint probably close to Goblin green,

Extemely light drybrush Woodland Green.

Touch of Fortress Grey highlights on some edges (I forgot this stage prior to some Pics),

Extremely light highlight of Fortress Grey on some raised areas.

You got the lining right 'cept it's only about 1mm inside the shoulder pad rims and all raised areas of the models.

Keep up the good work, can't wait to see more of your work....

s

The banner on the front of the Razorback looks great too. Do you just "wing" the lettering style, or do you have a sample of that font which you reference(and if so, what is it called)?

I guess I just "wing" it, I write something then add a couple of double lines and some dots/curls as required (Put's thinking cap on.....I s'pose I've subconciously made it similar to the font on the transfers numbers whatever that is called B) )

s

• 2 weeks later...

Belated thanks to those who commented earlier.

I hoped I would take two weeks for this project, fail, it took three and a bit http://bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/msn-wink.gif

Anywho.... Introducing Techmarine Brother Nethanial as he tends to the 3rd Company's Honoured Dreadnought Brothers Zariah, Nemiel and Erial.

Together Known As.... The DREADSOX!!!

Nethanial;

AAFTech2.jpg

AAFTech1.jpg

As they were...(when purchased);

AAF1.jpg

As they might be...(in a new dex);

AAF2.jpg

As I like them...(Plasma Fetish)

AAF3.jpg

Next up; Keith inspired me to remodel parts of Company Master Ramiel, I am using FW Mk III bits, update soonish...

Cheers

stobz

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

Stobs that's amazing! This Techmarine certainly looks the part! I like how you refrained from using any red on the armour. I think we are on the same page here as I bought the very same Techmarine to accompany my Contemptors... Like he'll let them leave the fortress monastery on a whim of a Sergeant!

The dreads also look super cool! Although I do not share the plasma fetish (more of a solid slug guy) I have to tell you they are awesome. But I like the Mortis' more (Yeah Mortis FTW!!!).

My only comment: blue & green is in my view a bit clashing (I mean for the plasma cannons). I'd rather go for red although I understand that the blue denotes a white-hot situation rather than the colder red-hot. In fact I quite like the green plasma's I've occationally seen on the internet although this would be bettter used in non-green armies I grant you.

But the blue plasma's is just a personal take. Your painting is superb and a great inspiration for me! Now where are those Fallen hiding?

The dreads also look super cool! Although I do not share the plasma fetish (more of a solid slug guy) I have to tell you they are awesome. But I like the Mortis' more (Yeah Mortis FTW!!!).

Just because some of us sleep hugging our plasma gun and we hang plasma guns on the walls and place plasma weapons on every unit that can take one doesnt mean we have a plasma fetish.We are completely healthy non plasma obsessed people.Did i say plasma?

Ahem....Now OP:Thats a great fantastic job!I dont know how the hell you manage to make the white colors so crisp.Great models keep churning them.

Stobz, loving the new additions, and I'm glad I'm not the only person not painting a Techmarine in red! Your Dreads look so nice that I think your opponents should be required to let you play with them in any of their modes using the C:SM rules just because!

Agreed - top notch Greenwing :tu:. I'm not so sure on the green techmarine (I prefer to see 'em in Mars red battle plate), but that's taking nothing away from your painting prowess.

Btw: " DREADSOX" :D . All the same great to see awesome plasma and auto mortis dreads.

Cheers

I

Muahaha, the dreaded DREADSOX are the first line in home defence around here :HQ: saves on needing a shotgun to keep them varmints away, yeehaw :P

I paint plenty of red with my Khorne army, so I don't feel the need to add more to my shelves :rolleyes: Also of all the ICs I only paint my Chaplains in 'other than unit' colours. Just my preference.

Cheers

stobz

I had a busy couple of days painting and remodeling Ramiel with my new FW mkIII armour, I think they are much more 'Command Squad' looking now.

CnC appreciated of course.

Here is Master Ramiel of the 3rd Company and his entourage..

Ramiel;

https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6056/6298213052_e2b5a1b847_z.jpg

https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6041/6297685595_4bccfc04c3_z.jpg

https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6118/6298213370_6024a68c51_z.jpg

His new Comd squad (gold trim on shoulder pads);

Edit:18Nov11

https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6120/6357539435_ebf25129cf_b.jpg

And the whole team together with their ride;

Edit: 18Nov11

https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6116/6357540123_e084be75ce_o.jpg

I'm no ron :tu: but I hope you enjoy the changes, I have.

s

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

The new gold additions really turn them into something special - well befitting a command squad - and all robed too, couldn't be better. Ramiel looks the 'classic' DA Company Master with sword in hand. I'm really liking the dark green armour plate as it contrasts well with the gold and robes.