Lanz'z Legends; Hello Darkness, my old friend...

Go to solution Solved by Interrogator Stobz,

• 4 months later...

Well, here we are on the new BnC. I've mostly been busy elsewhere building and painting various Kill Teams and Titanicus minis.

But here is the first mini towards the Good Chaplain Lucifer's event...better late than never.

Strike Master Lanzo adopting the classic 'rest on sword whilst casual slaying with bolter work' pose.

20220715_134704.thumb.jpg.a0cd786f2e709532978637186c49925c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cheers Raz and JJD, always great to get encouragement :thumbsup:

This week I have a proof of concept shot.

HH Inner Circle Knights converted to 40k Deathwing Knights by chopping off plasma guns adding SS and some of the swords will be replaced by Maces. Temp glue only, he's a bit saggy atm.

20220813_153027.thumb.jpg.2ef1fddb916c2abb316b50ebf4a1927a.jpg

I will be making 5 DWKs this way, but one will be the future Brother Lanzo for Luci's event and be focused on.

So they may not all get painted straight away....

:biggrin:

I’m a bit torn with the red and cold of the Knights. I like it because it’s different but at first glance I want to ID them as white scars.  The maces look sweet. Can we get a shot of the shields?

Hey Brother, the Knights I did a few years back; I guess I wasn't super clear but I'm just adding another 5 to the squad by using converted HH- ICKs.

I have always preferred the off white of the original Space Hulk DW artwork to the cream bone of the GW painting team. 

Here's a picture of my first DWKs from page 35ish

14761494556_d71dba1a4a_b.thumb.jpg.074a4b699f3b56a2e677a2462e7759c0.jpg

They have since been modified to have a mix of maces and swords (counts as maces) for aesthetic reasons.

I will continue that with these new additions.

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

No worries, I've always had that feeling too. But White DW are cooler than any WS dudes. I'm not the least bit biased.

I have finished the initial converting for the extra dudes for the DWK squad. Glue is temporary and some finer deets will be tidied up post undercoat spray.

20220816_164140.thumb.jpg.1ee3f23461a9a75f038c4645c6b0b345.jpg

The Log continues....

• 8 months later...

With 10th rapidly approaching and optimism high, motivation to Make Firstborn Great Again (not a DJT fan BTW :cool:)  increases.

My rebasing the little fellows a while ago was fun and cathartic, but the Green Marines on the shelf felt unfinished as I had ripped a bunch of arms off back then to meet the new org.

Here is the Veteran squad I have used as a KT, which have now changed into a Tacticool squad for good, regardless of how the game evolves from this point.

I think they got demoted because they seem to be running from something :devil: 

DA don't run.

Rough paintjob, but finished.

20230427_095530.thumb.jpg.ae09ee30dd181b2e275e700e39398c60.jpg

Sp. Etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Raz, 5 will have to do.

Decided I have fixing these old lads up; they're on the hobby table now...

Just hoping RL can give me time... :devil::cool::biggrin:

20230506_152233.thumb.jpg.150007a49657096a78b275d008a9f830.jpg

Loads of arms, a few bits of bling, a tonne of weathering, and lastly new bases to fit the new vibe.

Seems fun until you start :laugh:

• 1 month later...

Got a couple of the wee Bone TDA lads done in the last couple of weeks.

Nothing pic worthy yet though.

But then all the bad news from our Evil Overlords arrived, Legendized at least 23 of my units and I got really grumpy.

Included in those 23ish units are these Legends:

20230617_174653.thumb.jpg.1b8c4230ccddb8bbe6e65ce884c0d6e5.jpg

Now, I ordered and paid for them prior to the absolute disgraceful conduct of GeeDub; they may well be the last new minis here for the foreseeable future.

Seems stupid to disincentive the buying of new models just by changing the purpose of FWs Compendium to a Legendarium.

Same work, worse result.... so stupid.

Agreed, it's a real kick in the nuts. But at least you'll be able to proxy them as a sexier version of the Predator. Give it some time, they might change their minds next year again when sales of their HH-stuff plummets. 

Looking forward to see these dakka bawksess painted up!

Cheers lads, despite my Doom and Gloom many of my group will play against and with these Legends. So Counts As won't be needed. 

And OPR can build rules for them too.

There are a couple of locals who are too Tournament focused for my liking. Unfortunately they are the TOs etc. No Tournaments for me.

"Friends don't let GW stop friends from playing with their toys".

Really enjoying painting ATM, so life is good.