• 3 months later...

Heresy is back (it never left)! 

With the exciting announcement of Heresy 2.0 I thought I'd come back to these hallowed pages to share some of the Emperor's Children that I've been working with the aim of having a new army ready to play with as soon as 2.0 is released.

For the last few years I've been working on and playing with my Alpha Legion force (6k) and I've really enjoyed them. They're a fantastic army to play with due to their tactical flexibility and the metallic blue is a really striking scheme on the table. However, with the rumoured release of a new edition I knew that I had to return to my first love, the glorious IIIrd Legion. 

I had an Emperor's Children army in the early days of the Heresy, but I was never really happy with how they looked, but now that my painting has improved and that I've learned new techniques I thought it was high time to start on a new EC project that I could be truly proud of.

l4aK9kZ.jpg

kU4fGCE.jpg

QaS5fld.jpg

eUQembk.jpg

piglUCv.jpg

jKl7jGe.jpg

2r8KvUG.jpg

Wwh99Om.png

YafbBkR.png

FYR9EFo.png

Some of you will recognise the Contemptor on the left of the picture as the one that I painted many years ago for my original EC army. He's been given a new coat of paint and lease of life and will be joining my new army.

OwRyq9h.png

jdMnuXv.png

Thanks for looking :wink:

Edited by Kizzdougs

LOOOOOVING those metallics :wub: 

I'm almost ashamed to say, but I think you could upgrade your white decals with a little shading towards the bottom to match the shading of the plates they're on. Don't get me wrong - the weathering you do is just on point, but even with the scratches white decals look a little bit too clean compared to the rest of the models.

Edited by Majkhel

• 2 weeks later...

The Army as it stands now. I'm already working on another Contemptor and I've started assembling another Predator.

EWdPYqo.jpg

Just waiting for another arm.

3xQTlKH.jpg

The Jetbikes finally have their bases too.

hiavCWG.jpg

LOOOOOVING those metallics :wub: 

I'm almost ashamed to say, but I think you could upgrade your white decals with a little shading towards the bottom to match the shading of the plates they're on. Don't get me wrong - the weathering you do is just on point, but even with the scratches white decals look a little bit too clean compared to the rest of the models.

Thanks bro and thanks for the feedback! You're right about the white decals, but I would be too worried about stuffing them up to try to add any gradient of shading to them.

Outstanding work, Kizzdougs! :thumbsup:
I do however find myself agreeing with Majkhel that the decals could do with an extra touch to make them blend in better, such as shading.

Thanks a lot bro, and thanks for the feedback too :)

Thanks for looking ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi!!! Your work is stunning!!! I wanted to ask two things, firstly how you made the additional armour plating on the Night Lord terminator (it does a brilliant job of breaking up the solid paint of the Tartaros armour that I don't really like!!).

Secondly, what's your recipe for the Emperor's Children purple? It's so rich and gorgeous!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2022 at 2:51 AM, Salamandridae said:

Hi!!! Your work is stunning!!! I wanted to ask two things, firstly how you made the additional armour plating on the Night Lord terminator (it does a brilliant job of breaking up the solid paint of the Tartaros armour that I don't really like!!).

Secondly, what's your recipe for the Emperor's Children purple? It's so rich and gorgeous!!

Thanks! The armour plates on the Night Lord are greenstuff. My purple recipe is Purple lake from Daler and Rowney with some Inktensity Violet in the shadows, over a black-white pre-shade, and all with the airbrush :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...