The Sekhmet+HH Emperor's Children: Imperial Fists Deathwing 12/4/24

Kizzdougs

We haven't seen anything in a while. Have you finished anything else yet kizzdougs?

Yeah sorry about that. I've been distracted by other things (DE, CSM and preparing for my trip to the UK). I probably won't be able to update this thread for at least another month because of my overseas trip.

Thanks for asking though. I fully intend to return to this project in the new year :D

Really nice work there. Hmmmm its lovely and cold and dark here in the UK lol.

ESPECIALLY in Belfast............

Haha. Thanks guys. The weathers great in Australia at the moment. I spent the last couple of days at the beach and managed to get myself quite burnt ;) I love football and have got a couple of tickets to EPL and SPL games so thats the reason for the timing of my trip.

It going to be quite a shock coming home in early Jan. UK winter to 30c-40c Australian summer :P

• 1 month later...
Any advice on using the maximini heads and shoulders with GW terminator bits? In the LPC I have pledged (among others) five Rubric Terminators, the idea for I must say has been inspired by yours and Proiteus's pre heresy Thousand sons http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297148. I plan to use the microart crusader legs (with either a few chaos or gk legs thrown in), a mixture of chaos and Grey knight torsos, arms, weapons, bits along with some Tomb King ones as a combination of your styles. So what are maximini like on order and delivery ect and payment security? Your terminators are beautiful, and it would be nice to see your take on the ones in power Armour, especially if you used fw's various mkII-VI kits for them.

Any advice on using the maximini heads and shoulders with GW terminator bits? In the LPC I have pledged (among others) five Rubric Terminators, the idea for I must say has been inspired by yours and Proiteus's pre heresy Thousand sons http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297148. I plan to use the microart crusader legs (with either a few chaos or gk legs thrown in), a mixture of chaos and Grey knight torsos, arms, weapons, bits along with some Tomb King ones as a combination of your styles. So what are maximini like on order and delivery ect and payment security? Your terminators are beautiful, and it would be nice to see your take on the ones in power Armour, especially if you used fw's various mkII-VI kits for them.

The Maxmini bits are great. I didn't have any trouble with delivery or payment security. You have the option to pay by Paypal but i just payed with my Visa card and everything was fine. The heads will need to be trimmed a little to fit into the Terminator armour. This is really easy. I just took a little bit off the necks and around the back of the helmets. Some of the shoulder pads also needed to have a little bit cut and filed out of them so they would fit onto the terminators arms.

For the Tomb King bits i would definitely suggest the Tomb Guard boxed set.

Thanks for the kind words. I'd definitely love to make some PA TS some time. I'm currently working on some IWs in my other thread and i'm using some FW bits. They're great to work with.

I hope this helps. If you've got any other questions please just ask. Good luck with vow. I look forward to seeing your minis develop over the challenge (i already love your Alpha Legionaries).

kizzdougs ;)

Thanks, also have you ever tried a darker gold or more reddish gold? I was thinking of trying it on my Thousand sons terminators, to only be subtle difference compared to the red to blue change, possibly with some parts still being the bright gold of a far more innocent age...

also what did you do with the rest of the tomb kings box or do you collect tomb kings yourself and so used the rest?

Thanks, also have you ever tried a darker gold or more reddish gold? I was thinking of trying it on my Thousand sons terminators, to only be subtle difference compared to the red to blue change, possibly with some parts still being the bright gold of a far more innocent age...

also what did you do with the rest of the tomb kings box or do you collect tomb kings yourself and so used the rest?

I've got the rest of my tomb king bits sitting around my work desk. I plan on using them to finish off my sekhemt and embellish some PA TS at some stage...

I don't usually go very dark with my golds. My CSM minis are usually a little bit darker but not a great deal.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2043.jpg?t=1326027410

Cyrion's armour is probably the darkest gold i've got an example for.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN0254-1.jpg?t=1310644882

Xenos warning! I realise this is a non PA mini. If the mods want to remove it, that is their prerogative. I've cropped the original picture in an attempt to make it a little more suitable.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN0403-1-1.jpg

The Sanguinor is probably the best example of a red-gold i have. The picture isn't great but i gave the gold a wash with baal red after it was finished.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/P1000446.jpg?t=1308473889

I hope this helps. If you want help with gold 'recipes' i'll do my best to try to remember what i did...

Hey Kizz, just noticed this bad ass while browsing scibor for some templar shoulders and though you might be intrested in him.

Thanks mate. I've got to say i'm not usually a fan of the Scibor minis (they look way to static and chunky, in my opinion) but that is definitely one of the best i've seen (except for the face). I do love the detail Scibor puts on the armour of his minis. GW could definitely do with a bit more of this kind of detail.

Thanks for sharing :tu:

Kizzdougs.

Edited by kizzdougs

@SickSix, Thanks mate.

The gold on Cyrion's armour is what I was looking for, how did you do it? (Golds have always been a pane to do.)

1. Tinbitz.

2. 50/50 Tinbitz and Shining Gold.

3. Thin wash with Badab Black.

4. Add Mithril Silver for the highlight.

Its often difficult to get good coverage with gold because once you add a little water to it it thins out so much. For brighter golds its always important to start with the right base coat. Usually brown is the best way to go.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, I'm using it on my dreadnought and the aspiring champion in my LPC log, and will so on the terminators, and it is just right.

It will be nice to see more of your inspirational stuff though.

Great to hear its working for you! I look forward to seeing your Terminators. I'm sure they'll be Awesome :lol:

I have been feeling the urge to do some more work on the Sekhmet but my LPC Vow keeps quilt tripping me to paint my IWs. I wish i had have made a smaller vow so that i could get back to my other projects sooner...

/pinch

Ludovic

Haha. Just a warning, it makes a really dark gold :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Someone has probably asked this already but I didn't see it during my skim through, where did you get the shoulder pads for the Sekhmet terminators?

The shoulder pads are from Maxmini.

I recently bought some Chapter House Studio shoulder pads and they look pretty awesome. I haven't used them yet but i look forward to it.

If I may make a suggestion for your heresy era IW's? Siege-breakers. Assault marines that carry the breach, experts (aka survivors) of the forlorn hope charge, with demo experts carrying extra melta-charges to widen the breach for follow up armour assaults. Chainsword-wielding sappers, if you will.

THAT would be pretty....

If I may make a suggestion for your heresy era IW's? Siege-breakers. Assault marines that carry the breach, experts (aka survivors) of the forlorn hope charge, with demo experts carrying extra melta-charges to widen the breach for follow up armour assaults. Chainsword-wielding sappers, if you will.

THAT would be pretty....

Thats a good idea mate. I've already done a squad of 'siege' berzerkers, but a jump infantry squad would be awesome. I'll have a look through my bits box tomorrow. I'll probably go with pre-heresy jump packs even though my IWs are post heresy. I've got some MkV assault marines that could look good with a little alteration.

I'd love to get some more work done on the Sekhment but I'm pretty distracted by my IWs at the moment. I'm trying to decide what to paint next for the ETL challenge.

I'll be looking out for any of your updates, be they IW, FA or TS :P

Ludovic

• 1 year later...

So I'm reopening this thread to share some pics of my HH Emperor's Children that I'll be painting for the ETLIII challenge.

ETL VOW 1: Update 1

I've started off with a very small vow, just to make sure I don't miss out altogether. I plan to make some more substantial vows once my FW order arrives.

Legion Apothecary with Artificer Armour: 55pts.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2922_zpsf7c31d3c.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2923_zps2349e1c5.jpg

I've also started work on the Legion Command Squad that will be part of my next vow. I still need to decide on a head to use.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2921_zps0f09abcb.jpg

Any suggestions for the command squad or colour scheme are appreciated.

Thanks for looking :wink:

Edited by kizzdougs