The Sekhmet+HH Emperor's Children: Imperial Fists Deathwing 12/4/24

Kizzdougs

Any suggestions for the command squad or colour scheme are appreciated.

Dark iron, brass trim, and hazard stripes.

Just, y'know, a suggestion....

:tongue.:

Hahaha, I did consider the IVth, but I've never been great with weathering and battle damage so I'd struggle to do them justice.

Purple :wink:

Plenty of white enamel plates and gold trim. Maybe the odd platinum plate the they use on the Palatine Blades?

Thats the plan. At this stage I'm planing to make a 'Pride of the Legion' list, so plenty of veterans with white enamel. I'm keen to give the platinum a go but I'm not sure how good its going to look.

Edited by kizzdougs

Just a small update. I've just painted the eyes and the Apothecary is now finished except for the base (which I'm having trouble deciding on a theme for).

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2924_zpsc1737a64.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2925_zps0aeac851.jpg

Thanks for looking ;)

Thanks for the feedback everybody. All the encouragement really helps to keep me focussed and motivated :)

Looking amazing so far

Thanks forte! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your HH EC, they've been a great inspiration.

Absolutely beautiful EC,  That gold on the apothecary is so rich. I love it all, keep it up!

Thanks mate! I tried something different from my usual gold recipe, so I'm glad you like the results.

O.m.g even a close up of that apothecary is superb! Hat off to you sir, great stuff!

Thanks mortis! I just wish I had your ability when it comes to blood splatters and battle damage. I'm afraid my EC are going to look like the effete peacocks the other Legions see them as :P

:censored: these are gorgeous

Hehe, thanks bro!

Loving the Emperor's Children Apothacary, can't wait to see some more. :smile.:

Thanks mikey! Can't wait to see some more of your III Legion.

Damn, that Apothecary looks awesome. Leave it the Emperors Children to have the most stylish medics. 

-Tarvik

Haha, you know it Tarvik. Hopefully I'll be able to produce an equally stylish Command Squad and Praetor.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my Emperor I hate you so much kizzdougs, I NEED that damned Apothecary for my Blood Angels! Only we should have Apothecaries that beautiful!

Hahaha, we all know the III Legion is the most handsome, the IX are a close second though :P

Great EC colors. :thumbsup:

Thanks mate :)

So this lot arrived in the mail today...

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2928_zps77b270e0.jpg

6x Legion MkIV armour.

1x Legion MkII Devastator armour.

1x Phoenix Guard.

1x EC Contemptor.

1x Kheres AC.

1x Dreadnought Claw.

3x Tigrus Bolters.

1x Missile Launchers.

1x Calivers.

2x EC upgrade heads.

1x EC upgrade torsos.

1x MkIV Command upgrades.

1x EC Etched Brass.

I think it's safe to say that project 'Phoenician' is a go.

At this stage I'm planning to make three Veteran Tactical Squads (not sure how I'm going to equip these lads, so any advice is appreciated), a Devastator Squad with missiles and I'm hopping to scrounge enough bits to also build a Tactical Support Squad.

Up next though, the Praetor.

Thanks for looking ;)

Great stuff!

Thanks mate!

I just giggled like a school girl.

Hahaha, I might have had that same reaction when I opened the box :D

I am glad to see you have well and truly thrown yourself into this, as that apothecary is fantastic.

Yeah it's pretty exciting to finally get going on the project I've wanted to do since starting the hobby.

Stunning apothecary, and the resin pile is sure to turn into solid gold too. Look forward to more.

Thanks mate, fingers crossed that you're right.

This is my favorite apothecary in the history of forever plus one. The pose, the colors, the painting... oh em gee.

Hahaha, high praise indeed! Thanks for the encouragement.

ETLIII VOW 1: UPDATE 2

The Apothecary is now officially finished except for his base. Hopefully the unfinished base isn't an issue for the ETLIII rules because I'm keen to get started on my next vow.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2929_zps3f141439.jpg

And my next vow, the Lord Commander (Praetor). I'm hopping to make a start on him tomorrow :)

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2930_zps63eb9dc0.jpg

Thanks for looking ;)

Both the Praetor and the Apothecary are insanely good. Looking forward to seeing more.

I assume it's just the usual 1329324 really thin coats of white to get that lovely clean crisp colour, but just in case you have some tips or tricks, do you mind sharing your method with someone who really struggles with it? Pretty please.

Love the use of BA parts on the Praetor by the way. Fits perfectly.

Both the Praetor and the Apothecary are insanely good. Looking forward to seeing more.

I assume it's just the usual 1329324 really thin coats of white to get that lovely clean crisp colour, but just in case you have some tips or tricks, do you mind sharing your method with someone who really struggles with it? Pretty please.

Love the use of BA parts on the Praetor by the way. Fits perfectly.

Thanks mate! You're right about the white, although it wasn't so hard because the areas of white are fairly small. I ended up using some Lahmian medium to thin the paint.