Clever Girl... - Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge

Greyall

HERESY!!!

Well of course heresy... This is the best so far! I find it flawless! You captured the knightly image and the Chaotic in equal (subtle) measures! The helmet is amazing, the left shoulder pad is awesome (like a hooded skull face) and the DA symbols - clearly corrupted but instantly recognizable. You really display high quality skills in this thread. Keep it up! Oh and the story rocks!

Just a question though: what does the Fleur de Lys stand for? Should I imagine naughty things done to a SoB? <_<

HERESY!!!

Well of course heresy... This is the best so far! I find it flawless! You captured the knightly image and the Chaotic in equal (subtle) measures! The helmet is amazing, the left shoulder pad is awesome (like a hooded skull face) and the DA symbols - clearly corrupted but instantly recognizable. You really display high quality skills in this thread. Keep it up! Oh and the story rocks!

Just a question though: what does the Fleur de Lys stand for? Should I imagine naughty things done to a SoB? :blush:

As for the fleur de lys I would not get to carried away the symbol was used by french knighthood for generations.

My only complaint is his left arm (the one with the plasma pistol) looks really short and gets lost in the detail. Other then that great piece.

As for the fleur de lys I would not get to carried away the symbol was used by french knighthood for generations.

True, but this in not a French knight. In the 40k context the fleur de lys is not a symbol of the DA or Chaos. It is however assosiated with SoBs.

Hello, hmmm, i love the fallen angels, especially non chaos ones, but i prefer the bitter mercenary type than those that still see themselves as "true loyalists".

Yet, i cant deny you did an awesome work. Might even try and do one conversion based on this...

not a world eater, but impressive nonetheless brother Greyall ;)

you managed to deliver the knightly feel very well. i especially like his helmet and his tabard with the scrolls.

i gotta agree with Grimdarkness though, his pistol arm is a little lost in the detail imho.

and now back to my ranting:

World Eater!

World Eater!

World Eater!

:)

Those are amazing! I wish I could draw like that, they are all really characterful.

Also, may I put in a vote dfor the Word Bearers after the World Eater? (Not that I'm biased, you understand! ^_^ )

Keep up the fantastic work!

Another stunning piece!

My only complaint is his left arm (the one with the plasma pistol) looks really short and gets lost in the detail. Other then that great piece.

Sadly I kind of have to agree, its just not prominent enough, almost looks as though hes lacking an elbow. Could just be a little longer because the pose for it is awesome!

(Edit: I will note however that in direct comparison to the other arm, the same amount appears to be showing and they do actually sort of seem the same length so maybe it literally is the pose :lol: )

Really amazing work! I look forward to seeing more :)

This guy is great! I have to disagree about the size of his arms since their supposed to be hidden by those huge shoulderpads (the grim reaper one is awesome btw).

The best part however is the helmet which I still can't get over how cool it is. I need a helmet like that for one of my Space Marines.

Thanks, guys, for all the likes. Now on the minus aspects.

Fleur de Lis: To me, it was a "knightly" way of portraying a "chaosy" spike, just that. There were no Sisters of Battle at the time Braianel got his armour and besides, it's a pretty common symbol.

The gun arm: I agree, I noticed it was too "discrete" when I finished the drawing, and the darn plasma pistol was so hard to draw that redoing it didn't even cross my mind. And yes, I do think both sizes are of the same size, I sometimes get that right =P (really, I have trouble with that).

@Marshal Sampson: I don't know if I like that =) I'll try and have my World Eater change that.

Again, thank you very much for everything. It's been great to show you guys my artwork.

The World Eater is coming along nicely. Well, maybe "nicely" isn't the best term for a son of Angron.

Oh, and look, this admirable human being coloured it for me http://shadowengine.deviantart.com/art/The...ayers-266000056

@Octavulg: maybe I should've stated it LOUDER =D

@Grimdarkness: He is. He's got several published books, all of which took some time to write because he killed the scribes...

Gordon's Alive! reference time?

As for the published books...thinking about the possibilities involving this idea to be more than a little disturbing. Are they written in blood and bound in human skin?

I'm getting pretty nervous with how high the bar got with Braianel. Traditionally, and even though they are my favourite Legion, World Eaters never come out with the best armour design, for whatever reason - I think I try too hard to get the 'Perfect WE' done and can't relax enough to let the ideas flow. This proved true even during the design process for the character.

Still, I'm going to wait for it to be finished. Even at the last second, I struggled with Braianel, and he's become one of my favourite drawings. Let's see how Tarbod fares.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/305/1/1/tarbod__heir_to_titans_by_greyall-d4epkwj.jpg

Goras Tarbod earned his nickname 'Titan' during the Great Crusade. Probably the largest Marine in any of the Legions, the Assault Sergeant made for an impressive sight of white and blue ceramite and was the center of attention at many an inter-Legion gathering, by apothecaries and battle-brothers alike. To this, Tarbod would answer with detached pride, although, in good World Eater fashion, he could never bring himself to actually be pedantic - such was for those who truly depended on interaction with others.

Yet a single gesture of camaraderie would become a pivotal point in Tarbod's life. While departing the Sol System, the World Eaters fleet made a fuelling stop at Titan, upon which Goras was gifted by his squadmates with a neckpiece made from the basaltic rock of that moon. This did Goras Tarbod cherish greatly.

This would, in time, spell his fall into madness.

When the assault on the Emperor's gates ultimately failed, Tarbod fled along with the rest of his Legion into the Eye of Terror. Yet he did it in his death throes, after defeating an Imperial Fists Dreadnought. He managed to see the Captain of the 8th, Khârn, return to life with a roar that shook the entire ship. Then Tarbod closed his eyes and saw no more.

He woke to a red glow and a voice that meant blood with every spoken word. A voice that told him of a glorious future, made from the rush of battle and the skulls of his enemies. A voice that told him of a Titan, trudging through broken husks. This did Goras Tarbod embrace.

This sealed his fate, and Khorne almost smiled...

He had to undergo massive surgery and bionic implantation, and even with Khorne's blessing it took long until Tarbod was back into battle, but he was stronger than ever - and, by the Blood God's grace, bigger, as well. All this time, Tarbod clutched his neckpiece. And heard the voice of his ancestor...

Not long afterwards, Tarbod learned of vermin infesting his home, festering in Titan's entrails, soiling his legacy...he learned of the Grey Knights. And became a cleanser of their filth.

His armour, The Mausoleum, is an almost exact replica of a Grey Knight Terminator's wargear (only much bigger) and it was indeed forged from the blood of 80 of their best through the course of 88 nights. The hammer he wields, World Aflame, is a marvel of obsidian and dark iron, capable of turning power armour into scrap with one blow.

And so Tarbod, descendant of Titans, hunts the knights in grey across the Galaxy. For the space marines of the Ordo Malleus, he has become a nemesis, a predator who can stalk them at every battlefield.

For him, they're transgressors deserving of the worst punishment, their names to be recorded in their own books until the last of them is cleansed.

And here's the World Eater, Tarbod. This guy was a pretty hard to draw, mainly because of the trophies, pose and perspective. I wanted to have a 'cleaner' look, hence why I gave him a Grey Knight Terminatour armour. The square spikes also lend a more 'tidy' vibe to the character. The nicer details: Nemesis blade on his right vambrace, used for beheading and scalping; skulls kept on the reliquaries of his armour, formerly attached to the bodies of Grey Knight heroes; four sets of jaws; the middle reactor - it's a Valkyrie engine.

The weapon was inspired by the hammer the chaos warrior carries in this piece by Adrian Smith : [link]

Khorne followers, though my favourites (or may because of it), are always a pain to draw, but I'm glad with how Tarbod came out.

Visual note: his armour (barring cables, spikes and runes) is completely red (dark blood-red), no trim (those riveted stripes aren't trims, they're parts of the armour).

A final note of apology: the grid on his middle turbine is an absolute mess...Inexcusable, really...but it has a good concept behind it. The idea is for the metal to heat up so that the dark-iron Chaos star contrasts against it.

Hope you like it, guys. Let me know.

Archived