Lorenzen's Abyss: Heresy, Necro & a load of other stuff

Lorenzen

Thanks for the response, I'll try out the simpler scheme when I get the money (student life, what can you do?), before I start messing about on Forgeworld models and end up with a pile of resin that looks like it's been painted by a blind person.

okay so i found part of typhus's scythe.. and thusly have something to show you all.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/274/1/b/termies_by_typhion-d5ghvui.jpg

i think i need to lower his head a little more so that its in line with the helmeted dude and add some more details here and there but im quite happy with how he looks atm, my only concern is hes a little too badass for a sergeant! :devil:

AWESOME, PURE WIN (and I don't use caps lock lightly). He looks more like Deathshroud to me than a regular sergeant of the line. You could add some more ragged cloths on him and actually count him as a Deathshroud leading the Terminators. Betrayal mentions that there were more than 2 Deathshroud in total but that at least 2 had to be 49 paces from the Primarch at all times, so this is just one of their number leading some of the Legion's elite. ^_^

thanks guys, i was going for a deathshroud kinda vibe when i was modelling him, though im holding off doing anything to do with them in full until mark bedford makes good on his gamesday comments (hes sculpting them) but this dude cant be a member as his face is uncovered! ;)

hes just a wannabe mortarion who will be running about making sweep attacks whenever it seems fun to do so (most likely never :( )

These are absolutely fantastic looking mate. The bone/off white colour you've got going with the armour is awesome, especially with all the grime streaks. To me it really helps capture the Death Guard really effectively. And that Terminator sergeant/Deathshroud wannabe looks fantastic, the added touches of the censor and the cloth really adds to the narrative of the models. Keep up the great work.

the haz stripes are simple, paint whole area with iyanden darksun, paint each stripe on carefully with black, highlight the black with german grey on 1 edge (50/50 adeptus battlegrey & black is probably as dark) then mix some wych flesh into the iyanden for the yellow highlight, then a light wash with vmc smoke (sepia will do, as would ogryn flesh)

quick & dirty, if i was doing them on iron warriors or for wolf guard dags id make the highlights at least 2 stages (german to dark grey and 50/50 darksun & bleached bone to pure bleached) for a bit more definition.

loving these death guard LORENZEN...superb shade for them

as for the dreaded green have a look at vallejo Model Color 86 - Luftwaffe Cam Green

it might work ok

and when you get the chance..anychance of a step by step on these bad boys as would be rather helpful

cheers

Dude, that Terminator looks sick. I think He could pass for a Captain if you wanted to go that route. (if its possible to have a captain in Cataphractii armor that is.) The rest of your guys look ace as well, and I'll be keeping a close eye on them. Good job!

theres a step by step to the main armour colour in here already, but when i do the next infantry dude ill try and get some pics of each stage.

my captain is going to be armed with a paragon blade (+1 strength, ap 2 murderous strike) when i do him, though i think ill be modelling a siege master as my secondary hq who will be armed with a powerscythe and lots of phosphex grenades (theyre nasty) but both will hopefully be more impressive than mr sergeant in the long run as ill really go to town sculpting wise on them.

Will they be in TDA or MKIII?

*edit* And as and addendum to my previous comment, he definitely works as a sergeant, an astartes that has worked his way up to leading a terminator squad, especially in a LEGION, should look badass!

Edited by Talthus

i "think" the praetor (captain) will be in mk4 and the siege dude in mk3 or cataphract.. in the long run i just want access to as much horrible chem weaponry as possible and phosphex firing medusas seems far too much fun to pass up (even if the normal shots are potentially better)

not a huge update.. but i finally got to play with some cork for basing.. too thick? or is it ok due to the epic scale of the heresy? :)

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/275/d/b/death_guard_by_typhion-d5glys7.jpg