Lorenzen's Abyss: Heresy, Necro & a load of other stuff

Lorenzen

That is really cool. Personally I think the band at the top of his head looks fine although if your trying to make it fit with M2/3 armor then it makes sense to lose it.

As Death Guard go he looks just right as is, maybe with more he might look a bit too fancy but studs should add to the brutal look!

Awesome update on previous page! <

Edited by Martok

thanks man, im really enjoying making him atm, though i need to buy a water filter to make some rivets with (actually went out to the shop to get one, forgot and came back with jelly babies and pasta.)

rather than giving him a tabbard ive decided to give him an armoured crotch in the same vein as mk3 and the boarding marines elongated one, ill post some pics of it when its a bit closer to completion rather than just an idea in my head.

yeah i need to sharpen it up a bit, but that requires it all to fully cure first, being impatient with sculpted details is what leads to them looking bad (imho) gotta go to work now though so no more from me till tomorrow.

Update time..

first off i have the start of my first character, he needs loads more work done to him and the miliput to dry so i can sand it into not looking all wibbly and crap.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/288/2/6/siege_breaker_by_typhion-d5hvhhl.jpg

once all thats done i can start sorting out the rest of him (working the mk7 elbow into a mk 3 one & making him a little more deathguardy.

this guy looks brilliant

......actually went out to the shop to get one, forgot and came back with jelly babies and pasta.........

The fuel of champions!

This thread is full of win Lorenzen, you have really got the weatherd style down to a tee. Oh, and you convert great character's, they have so much, um, 'character' :)

thanks man, im really enjoying making him atm, though i need to buy a water filter to make some rivets with (actually went out to the shop to get one, forgot and came back with jelly babies and pasta.)

rather than giving him a tabbard ive decided to give him an armoured crotch in the same vein as mk3 and the boarding marines elongated one, ill post some pics of it when its a bit closer to completion rather than just an idea in my head.

Yeah I have a water filter that needs to be broken open. I had been using plastic rod for rivets as for infantry it is smaller. I can see how you could get confused Jelly Babies are very good B)

update time!

got that filter cracked open (didnt buy sweets this time round) and started doing some of the rivets, i think i may redo the vent on his front and make it a little neater if i cant rectify it so that im happy with it.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/291/7/c/nameless_by_typhion-d5i5ii4.jpg

also i put a little paint on the siege breaker.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/290/d/a/siege_master_by_typhion-d5i316c.jpg

very basic atm and the skin is a little too cartoony for my liking atm so ill need to grime that up and make him look like the jaded bitter veteran he is..

Very nice dread, and that Siege Breaker is shaping up quite nice as well. My betrayal book arrived in the post the other day, so I'm flipping through it with barely contained glee, ooohing and aaaahing over all the pretty pictures and the amazing rules.

How do you do that stubble? Glazes? Or do you mix grey in with your fleshtone and build it up gradually that way?

EDIT: Also, sorry if you already said it, but what exact color do you use for your oil wash? It's payday tomorrow, and I'm going to be dropping waaaaay too much on hobby stuff and possibly FW models, so I'm trying to get a list together.

EDIT 2: Scratch that previous question. Burnt umber. I'm smart.

Edited by death given form

Awesome minis bro! You've really captured the colour scheme perfectly. The face on the 'siege breaker' is perfect. I love the 'stubble' you've painted on his head and jaw.

Ps. Really nice work on the Contemptor. The green stuff is excellent and really makes the mini yours. He'll look great next to one of the FW DG Contemptors.

Can't wait for more :lol:

for stubble i use washes mainly.. though i do use watered down greys occasionally. the siege breakers was done with devlan mud and a light glaze of grey over the top of it.. but usually i use badab black (as can be seen on my fire angel command squad and the such)

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/291/7/3/nameless_contempt_by_typhion-d5i7rny.jpg

the contemptor is on his way now.. i would have updated earlier but i was busy watching ross noble live and generally pissing myself with laughter.

more work has occured on the dreadnought (not as much as id've liked but thats what happens when real life gets in the way)

anyhoo picture time

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/294/7/2/thorian_by_typhion-d5ijeo1.jpg

lots to be done still..

and just because i can, a shot of everything so far. (including the sarges funky new bolt pistol)

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/294/9/9/to_war_by_typhion-d5ijetw.jpg

gotta head to the post office on monday and see whats waiting for me, only thing ive ordered recently wasnt meant to ship until the 2nd of november.. hoping its come early!

Lovely group, sarge especially has simple but still very cool pose. I kinda feel that something is missing from the siege breaker, its propably just that he has bare head. Maybe some kind of collar would be nice? Darn now I want a contemptor for my Death Guard heretics :P You nailed the weathering on that beast!

I doubt ill be adding a fellblade.. Mortarion is my pick for a lord of war slot. Though i may .et a typhon as it fits the attrition & siege theme.

The siege breaker actually has a death guard helmet from the fw plague marine kit on his belt, plus hell probably be hiding near the back with some heavy support dudes anyway =p

cheers man, he was fun to make. :D

so forgeworld decided to ship all my pre order crap early, so im sitting here with transfers, brass etch & legion mk4 stuff (along with a load of non pre order crap i needed like assault marines and korvydae for his face) so transfers will be being applied to those lucky members of the dg who are ready for them and cleanup duty is starting so i can make my praetor, moritat and some destroyers i think.

cheers man, he was fun to make. :D

so forgeworld decided to ship all my pre order crap early, so im sitting here with transfers, brass etch & legion mk4 stuff (along with a load of non pre order crap i needed like assault marines and korvydae for his face) so transfers will be being applied to those lucky members of the dg who are ready for them and cleanup duty is starting so i can make my praetor, moritat and some destroyers i think.

You worked through that lot quickly!! Nicely done. The Contemptor looks really imposing! Really looking forward to see what you can do with your new stuff.

small update, played about with some transfers, outside of 2 of the bases and a few bits that need touching up (bit of green on a foot as an example...) these guys are now pretty much done. ive got another guy (the dude with the massive shiv) almost done and the dread is getting there, then its just the rest of the mk 3 stuff (including the seige breaker) to finish and then i can move on to more cataphractii and the mk4 stuff..

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/297/4/d/transfers_by_typhion-d5iunrh.jpg

although you cant really see them selvayn mors has the roman numerals for 14 on his right pad, a gold death guard logo on his left, and those little crossed scythes on his knee (marking him as a favoured son of mortarion) which i particularly like.

Edited by Lorenzen