Lorenzen's Abyss: Heresy, Necro & a load of other stuff

Lorenzen

the transfers & brass etch are well worth it imho, i dont think the sculpted pads feel right for line troops of the death guard, they have more of a stenciled on like tank markings vibe in my mind.

glad you like them, im enjoying this project a lot & am eager to play some games with them (either heresy or as wolves i think)

Lorenzen, the cartoony look on your Siegebreaker Captain is purely due to his pearly white dentition. Break a tooth, discolour the rest, even paint the vertical lines between teeth (you can totally do it!).

Then all of a sudden he's a graphic novel. See?

Saw some of these on Forge Worlds face book page and then found them on here. They look great!!

The skirt on the contemptor really ties him in with captain and works so well. I think it will work just fine alongside forge worlds version when you get it.

Your paint scheme looks great and I imagine it is relatively quick to do. Love the power fist sgt (I may have to get that fist myself) the terminator is brilliant but my favourite is the captain. He looks seriously bad ass!

Well done and keep it up!

All of these Death Guard look awesome, cant wait to see this scheme on some MkIV armor too.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q194/InsaneDwarf/DGSgt_MkIV_zps71bd2e43.jpg

I would love to see this, the black stripe down the helmet looks cool.

Have you thought about adding some more touches to some armor, like some of the piping+extra life support tubes on the Mk 3 helmets like seen in the Betrayal book? I would image you'd be able to pull it off.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q194/InsaneDwarf/DGSgt_MkIV_zps71bd2e43.jpg

I would love to see this, the black stripe down the helmet looks cool.

What the...? FW copied me!! Gah! I should have trademarked that. I did it first! I swear it! :)

See?

gallery_60566_6038_1768.jpg

(I'm joking.)

Edited by Olisredan

my intentions are to add the extra breathing gear to people with chem weapons and the such mainly.. ive got a couple of old iron warrior heads that i want to use for a few of them, but i will make my own for the rest.

the mk4 stuff is being figured out atm, im taking my time with ideas for the praetor as i want him to be something special

im tempted to make him a terran born traitor, with istvaan 3 being his proving ground that he is worthy of the crossed scythes.

im tempted to make him a terran born traitor, with istvaan 3 being his proving ground that he is worthy of the crossed scythes.

Any plans on his colour scheme? Maybe he'd be an ex-Destroyer or something?

ive not thought about colour yet, the basics i have down so far are what i said for the praetor, the moritat & destroyer squad are there to watch over him & "relieve" him of his command if he breaks (after garro mortarion wanted to ensure it wouldnt happen again)

the seige breaker in my head has swore an oath of moment upon silence itself that he wouldnt leave istvaan 3 until the rebels were broken, a task he fails in completing. (the purity seal on his chest)

hey all, few questions for you regarding the praetor model im working on.. as you all know the deathguard arent particularly known for their bling, so im trying to keep most of it somewhat minimal, however mortarion was known for wearing a cloak and had somewhat pimpy armour and garro has a fancy set of eagles and a cloak in most of the pictures..

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/302/d/1/praetor_by_typhion-d5jb1pn.jpg

now the question is, with this guy i kindve want to give him a cloak in a similar manner to my fire angel captain (i have a thing for cloaks)

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/192/d/3/brom123_by_typhion-d56x7af.jpg

reference shot for those of you who havent seen him already

i've been umming and ahhing over this model for a while now.. he needs a lot more work to be ready to be primed, but i want him to be a centre piece for the army when mortarion isnt kicking about.

I'd say go for it. Maybe he was one of the older Terran veterans that still wears the panoply and finery of the old Dusk Raider days, even though they are long gone and his comrades frown on such ostentation. Sounds like quite a character, actually. :)

It doesn't even have to be a good cloak. Just a cloak. Battered, weather beaten, singed around the edges and with a couple of bullet holes , it'd look pretty in-keeping, I'd say. :)

Yep, go with the cloak. I'm going to give my DG commanders cloaks (Mk2 probably dark red, as an ex-Dusk Raider)(Mk4 dark olive green, to match the 'new' DG markings).

How about the cloak from Ivanus Enkomi?

I reckon the 'no rank markings' thing is maybe a little overstated in HH:B - I can see that the DG would not have been into really ornate detailing, but I don't think that necessarily means they didn't have any at all.

I think a full-sized cloak may be too much personally, but my view of the Death Guard is of industrial-looking trenchers trudging through the mud and hail of bolter fire, so cloaks don't really fit into that view...what I would do, if I was going to add anything, is add some decoration like Titus from the Space Marine game: loincloth at the front, and a larger bit of fabric hanging down from the back of his waist. It'd add decoration to the lower half without drawing attention away from the chest emblem and gorget like I feel the full cloak might do.

rightio work is being done.. ive decided "for the time being" to leave the cloak off him.. though if i do decide hes going to have one it will be dark dark daaark green and whipping about in the wind and rain.

anyhoo heres a picture

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/302/3/0/praetor2_by_typhion-d5jd2ag.jpg

the loin cloth needs some serious work.. all the edges arent as sharp as id like atm.. hopefully i can rectify that though without scrapping the whole thing.

most of my painting time has been spent on the dread & sb's armour rather than teeth!

the loincloth would be fine if he was rank and file but this guy is the model most people will pick up if they look at the army etc & as puch he has to be done to the best of my abilities.. thusly artiste mode ACTIVATE! ;)