Lorenzen's Abyss: Heresy, Necro & a load of other stuff

Lorenzen

i may make the cloak.. but im still undecided, once everything else is done if there still "something" missing ill whack a hefty ass storm cloak on him :)

anyway update time, i did a little work on the head and reworked some of the loincloth, i still need to do the right hand side of its billowy edge again (much happier with it now) and maybe run a very fine layer of miliput sludge over it to smooth out any blemishes before priming.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/303/d/9/praetor3_by_typhion-d5jghac.jpg

apparently his pouches have fallen off.. i must look for them.

*edit*

also

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/303/1/5/seige_by_typhion-d5jgiul.jpg

(camera died, so you'll have to make do with a pic from my phone..)

Edited by Lorenzen

dont be silly.. its either foot! *points at termie sarge*

it is common knowledge that placing ones foot onto something makes things proportionally more epic, its why rock singers will place one foot on a pa system speaker & why i dont travel up escalators on one step :D

Loving the new character, dude. He reeks of badassery. Kinda upset I've missed the updates, but work has been insane this last week or so.

Love, love, LOVE the guy in Mk.IV, not something I expected to see a Death Guard in. Even so, absolutely excellent. The mohawk is something I was going to do (thief! ;) ), and you've pulled it off brilliantly. I also like his pose. It's static, just like the siege breaker's, but I think both work very well. Where is the head from on the new guy? I can't place it. SW head?

All the hardest marines have the warriors 'do' *i'm looking at you Lysander* Personally I have long girly, curly hair. Probably why i've got such a thing for headgear (the other way to write that sentence sounded all kinds of wrong) hehe ;)

Cracking progress! Really looking forward to seeing how he ends up as the balance of making him stand out as a character but still keep the Death Guard aesthetic will be difficult but I am happy to see that you seem to be dealing with it incredibly well!

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/304/d/c/kael_armaros_wip_by_typhion-d5jjo4q.jpg

bit more work done, for the time being i've given him the name Kael Armaros.. still unsure on the sons of barbarus's naming conventions other than fethed up.. main things of note are the start of the numerals on his knee.. (XIV) ill be making them a little more fancy if i can once theyve cured. added in the other side of the loin cloth now, just waiting for it to cure a bit more so i can smooth it out a little more, then its onto the back of the thing.. also not that you can tell (and probaby never will be able to, but the flamer is drilled with 2 different sized holes to give it a bit more detail out of boredom.

@rhetoricus - i used to have long fancy hair but i cut it for work, i may grow it back though as i miss it.. that and i currently look like a thug.

tips.. mix miliput into your greenstuff.. flatten it out to a suitable thickness with a clay shaper on the model.. cut the putty into a square roughly the size you want the letter/numeral to be, use a brand new scalpel blade to cut the stuff with.. lubricate your blade (usually with saliva.. sometimes with cheap waterbased lubricant.. :o ) and work one numeral/letter at a time.. trying to rush things will end with a fingerprint somewhere and having to start again.

if you are doing something long and fancy, write it onto the model in pencil first to make sure it fits.. same with painting letters, if you run out 3/4 of the way through a word because you didnt space it properly you'll kick yourself.. and others.

yeah its a paragon blade (its seths one & was used as a frost blade in the past) i figure its big & brutal enough & the book makes reference to chain weapon paragon stuff.

glad you like em mortis your own stuff is coming together nicely

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/306/7/5/kael_armaros_wip2_by_typhion-d5jr05d.jpg

lots more work to be done (and his head is slightly on the piss) but hes got some paint on him so i thought id show it off :lol:

im not sure on the eye situation with him.. i may end up giving him his left one back.

He's looking ace, brother, although I do see what you mean about that left eye. Slap some clear red on it and call it lost to the war? Love how the bronze and ornamentation are coming, looks nice and dirty, and the tabard looks very nice as well.

Looking forward to the finished product!