1 hour ago, Brother Lemartes said:

By the blood it's a termite!!! I'm so jealous! Looks amazing! 

Are you getting into 30k or is this for 40k?

Thanks for the build pics too

It's for both as I dual run things :happy:

40k-wise, I'm thinking about adding it to my 1500 point army and filling it with Sternguard - or maybe RAS/VAS - the tricky part is that they can't disembark until T3 at the earliest so it depends on the rest of my army.

As I run a tank list at 2500 for 30k, I may sub it in once I've used my current force with the new rules. Probably a Tactical Support Squad inside.

... and thanks, I'm very happy with it :yes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Those who have been watching this sprawling mass of a blog will know my Sicaran has never been right. When I last rebuilt it for Blood and Zeal it still wasn't perfect, but I hoped I could live with it. Even got it to Battle Ready. 

IMG_20180320_162929852.thumb.jpg.a5027a878be7aaea823d561f3c31da50.jpg

Apparently, this was taken in 2018 :blink: that gap under the front is too hard to fill. It's away from the sides too, etc, etc, so I figured that now I'm more experienced I'll bung it in the freezer and try yet another rebuilt...

IMG_20220814_173125737.thumb.jpg.6c8d67ecbf58b2c898715d2dd1235855.jpg

Whoops :confused: this could take a while to sort out...

Oh wow, that is an endeavor! Do post pictures how it goes! :thumbsup:

I would still simply fill that gap with milliput. I find it best-suited for such fillings with the way it reacts to water. You just need any kind of sculpting tool with a flat surface or a rubber/silicone brush. Possibly some rivets might require filing-down for easier access.

Wasn't the best lighting tbf, but I took this after doing two new SG and before updating my older ones.

Normally shade wings with blue rather than Nuln, but I wanted to keep them consistent. At least I've gotten much neater. 

Sword transitions are a work in progress, but I'm improving. Text is new, shading/highlighting is better, base is more than just grey (doesn't show, but it's the same as my other models).

This is one of my favourite showcases tbh just for showing off progress.

• 3 weeks later...

3rd Company Champion

This chap was basically moved to completion with some more detail added. Didn't want to change too much of the existing paint job (hence the clay mud splatter on the legs, I went through a phase of doing that...) Gave him a larger base like my HQs, and made him 3rd Company because, because (and I think my older one is earmarked for 1st Company)

• 2 weeks later...