Painting the FW Jet Bikes as Ravenwing!

TheForgottenAngel

Hello Brothers! I'm setting out on making a Pre-Heresy Dark Angels army and plan on using the FW Jetbikes as Ravenwing. I have pre-ordered 6 of the Bikes and would like your opinions on how to paint them. FW has them painted in the World Eaters Pre-Heresy colors. I'm assuming they would be black but it would be nice to break them up with heraldry and have a streamer following each bike like old Knights pennants. I'm debating on using Sammael's bike but putting a Pre-Heresy Armored Dark Angel on it instead.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product...large/jetpaint1

a little, phallic :huh:.

You can say that again.

Welcome over to the DA forum Crusader_Weber. Black and Silver should work. I might reserve Sammy's jetbike for HQs (and even use him as the rider), but it would be amazing to see a whole squad of them with various riders - maybe serving as a command squad as the bikes are quite ornate.

I like the idea of the pennants. I could see at least a pennant on the sergeant of each squad. This Bretonnia box would give you some along with lots of knightly bits to dress up your marines with - of course you only get the one main pennant I think (maybe 2?). The lances may even be worth taking as weapons depending on how they swing the rules (in regular 6th ed. I'd say they are a bit lackluster).

I also found this - Knights of the Blazing Sun Command Pack

Or of course you could simply greenstuff/plasticard/etc. them up.

a little, phallic :P.

You can say that again.

...and the problem is? :devil:

I really like them. A lot of people have been less than thrilled but I'm all for them - solid, robust, concrete machines with a heavy weapon that means business...

*sits comfortably on Dr. Freud's couch*

EDIT: Seriously though, the jetbikes offer great surfaces to do both free hand or masking work as well as introducing a complementary color to black - like red or green - if the rider is from Caliban... From all the new releases the jetbikes are at the top of my list.

Welcome to the Rock Brother. :HS:

I think what you are planning is a great idea. I haven't really been impressed (yet) by these FW Jetbike models, but as Ravenwing in a Pre-Heresy DA army they sound completely boss.

They might be one of those models that look that much better in person.

Oh, and I think we better not talk about phallic things on this board, considering the poem Dark Angel :Elite:

Be sure to post pictures of your progress!

Oh, and I think we better not talk about phallic things on this board, considering the poem Dark Angel :lol:

Adds a whole new meaning to letting your brother have your back.

Welcome Crusader_Weber and please let us see your progress with these bikes. I've been wanting to do a jetbike RW for years but just couldn't get myself to doing that many conversions (or any). I may just bike the bullet and get a few of these as well.

Oh, and I think we better not talk about phallic things on this board, considering the poem Dark Angel :lol:

Adds a whole new meaning to letting your brother have your back.

Welcome Crusader_Weber and please let us see your progress with these bikes. I've been wanting to do a jetbike RW for years but just couldn't get myself to doing that many conversions (or any). I may just bike the bullet and get a few of these as well.

Thats taking the monk altitude to a whole new level...

Ehmm... I want to sing up for the solo missions... please?

Great idea,

i was actually going to ask my gaming group for one for christmas( :D we all chip in and get each other a gift of their choice for christmas) and add some stuff from the ravenwing sprue and use it as sammy on his jetbike... the FW ones look more like a relic than sammy's mega blinged up version :blush:

cheers mithril

Archived