New Nurgling

saadeath

Hello sons of the Great Father. I am/will continue to be an avid follower of the emperor, but who is to say I can't dabble with a little filth here and there? I come asking where to start. I know what initially attracted me to chaos, specifically nurgle, were the converted nurgle terminators from FW. I was hoping someone could point me in a direction as to where to start for maybe a 1000 point list. I know nothing of chaos armies yet haha. I was thinking maybe grabbing two PM finecasts or 2 conversion sets from FW along with 2 chaos marine boxes from GW. I guess I really like all the nurgle marines/terminators. What I really want at least in my army are Typhus, termies, plague marines (probably 2-3 squads). I'm guessing this is going to be around 1500 points? What other sorts of models should I look at? Thanks !

Hello and welcome to the warm embrace of the Plague Father! What you described is a pretty solid core of a Nurgle army- but if you include Typhus, you will want to bring plenty of zombies to the table! They are like cultists, but better! Cheap, cheerful, and they never run away!

Several of us have posted our lists in the chaos army list forums . . . perhaps you want to toddle over there and see what people are using.

Nurgle bikers are good, and I like Nurgle havoks. Some like spawn, and ours are wicked fast and impossible to ID from shooting.

Hello and welcome to the warm embrace of the Plague Father! What you described is a pretty solid core of a Nurgle army- but if you include Typhus, you will want to bring plenty of zombies to the table! They are like cultists, but better! Cheap, cheerful, and they never run away!

Several of us have posted our lists in the chaos army list forums . . . perhaps you want to toddle over there and see what people are using.

Nurgle bikers are good, and I like Nurgle havoks. Some like spawn, and ours are wicked fast and impossible to ID from shooting.

I assumed I have to bring typhus, that is if I don't want to have to use regular chaos space marines for my troops.

Quick question involving price vs. effectiveness, I don't have the most amount of money lying around. 7 plague marines for $45 or 10 for roughly $65. I'm looking at starting small around 1000 points. Could 7 PM's per squad, probably 2 or 3 squads, fulfill their role almost as good as 10 per squad?

I prefer to use them in squads of 7. 2 special weapons, not as pricey, and in the chosen number of Nurgle. It is just all around good.

That being said, as far as what you are using/paying real money for, I would suggest hacking up and converting some regular CSMs into plague marines to bulk up your numbers, especially if you want around 21-28 in total. Paint them all alike, toss in some electrical wire guts and cracked armor- it's great. Your force will be uniquely customized and less expensive.

Also, ebay is a great sources of cheaper miniatures. Give it some time, be patient, and you can score some pretty nice stuff.

Tphus is rather expensive (230 points or so) and his main benefit is plague zombies, so if you just want plague marines as troops you can go for a cheaper lord (from 80 points to 200).

Many plague marines people use are converted from plastic, with green stuff, or different paint schemes, it's up to you how you make them, as long as they "look" like plague marines they should be fine.

7 man squads are a good size, as they are the favored number of nurgle, so should be encouraged.

Good luck and do papa nurgle proud!

Like everyone else said, if you're set on Typhus being in your army, get zombies. They make a great screen/tarpit/objective camper. I've only used MoN cultists so far, running a Lord, but I'm about to bump up the points on him to get a sigil, and I'm thinking Typhus isn't much more expensive. And I think the zombies with FnP may be more effective than ap6 T4 (and cheaper to boot)... actually doing the math if I'm running T4 cultists and a Lord and switch to Typhus and zombies I actually save a bit of cash...

Archived